Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil vs Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled/Recoiled

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow. How did I miss the donation? Can I still donate? Great stuff everyone, btw!
    Last edited by shagg_187; 11-05-2012 at 06:55 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Lovely, thank you.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    ^ Thank YOU.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    it's been posted to newalbums.net sometime between yesterday and today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    These are better than anything on Fixed or FDTS. Very nostalgic!!! Love it!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    i would love a fully pressed + packaged version of this. levi's mockup looks fantastic!

@fortheloveofgod, i'd have to disagree with you that they are better than anything on Fixed or FDTS, but I would say that they would fit real nicely as additional tracks on those releases.

nothing beats ruiner (version) on FDTS v2 and self-destruction (final) for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Username View Post
    So whats the backstory of this? I mean, how legit is it?
    I can tell you that the back story %100 lines up. I was pretty active on alt.music.nin at the time but my real love was for coil so as the years went by and I found out more and more tidbits about the band or stories swapped at nincons with friends this story often came up. I
    I haven't thought about it in years so it is pretty cool to see it pop up. To all you people that worked on getting this together thanks, its a great listen to!

Chris

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually in the ninfaq "Steph Nahas................Whole mic section, misc help, support, prick info" and she had allll sorts of stories like this one.
    http://typesix.net/ninfaq.html

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Phwoah, Christopher Sobczak appears!

Quote Originally Posted by Typesix View Post
    Actually in the ninfaq "Steph Nahas................Whole mic section, misc help, support, prick info" and she had allll sorts of stories like this one.
    http://typesix.net/ninfaq.html
    The NIN FAQ is like the great-great-great grandfather of the NIN Hotline.

O.K. Well we (Sean and Chris) came to the conclusion that it would be much better to stay independent (this way we don't have to take shit from anyone <grin>). So anyway, nothing records, formula public relations and the band members do contribute information to the faq, but it is not an official product of nine inch nails. It is, as Sean put it, 'the official source of un-official information about nine inch nails' and that is just how it will stay. The authors are in no way affiliated with Nothing records other than we are always bugging them for information <bigger grin>. What will the future hold? We have no idea.
    Paragraphs like this obviously took pretty deep rooting in my 16 year old head, and the spirit of NIN fans on Usenet aggregating information is 100% responsible for the OCD I developed that resulted in the release of these remixes we're all listening to this week.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    It's all such a big, lovely, self-reinforcing positive cycle... decades of homemade, grassroots community spirit we can all be proud of for contributing to by sharing the music and keeping that spirit alive today as a direct result.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    THANKS to everyone involved in bringing this release to life. I will seed the FLAC indefinitely

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    ninwiki needs some Uncoiled love

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Uncoiled_2012

Really enjoying these remixes. Love the similarities with FDTS and Fixed.

What's some opinions from the rest of you guys?

-Luke

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    that's me who posed the question.

i asked trent as well, although i dont think ill get a response from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is the album art for the last series of "Gave Up" supposed to be abstract blue shapes or is there an error with my files?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ninwiki needs some Uncoiled love
    *cough sheepdean cough*
    Last edited by jrdsctt; 11-06-2012 at 09:28 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    As Leviathant told me, that's actually the Fixed artwork cropped.

Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant
    The last seven remixes of Gave Up just use different close croppings from one of the Fixed wallpapers on flickr.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    The NIN FAQ is like the great-great-great grandfather of the NIN Hotline.
    It's official. I'm old. Just realizing it's 19 years since I first contributed to the FAQ.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thank you thank you thank you thank you.

Back in the napster / pre-fragile days when I was absolutely ravenous for more nin material, I'd spend hours going over discographies and search results and soundtrack lists to find every last NIN song and remix that existed. Back in the day it wasn't so easy to keep track of an artist's releases there were not comprehensive lists of everything and search results were not all that reliable. But I did eventually realize that I had hit the wall regarding available material, and that I'd have to wait for a new release. But that did not stop me from dreaming. Literally dreaming, more than once, that I had found some unreleased remix or b-sides album from around the fixed/tds era. I'd wake up half-confused 'Hey, I should put on that new NIN I found . . . fuck . . . that was a dream.'

So I had to wait around 15 years, but it looks like it arrived. And I'll be fucked if the artwork isn't in the ballpark of what I had dreamed of.

Some days are just fucking good days.

Thank you a thousand times.

edit: downloaded and about to listen. I have a ton of endorphins rushing through my body right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anyone have a FLAC version that's compatable with OS X? I've looked on the internet and can't find a link I can use (I'm okay with torrents).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Owls1867 View Post
    Anyone have a FLAC version that's compatable with OS X? I've looked on the internet and can't find a link I can use (I'm okay with torrents).

What? How is FLAC not compatible with OS X?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    do you mean "compatible with iTunes" because no FLAC is going to be compatible with iTunes. however, there are plenty of programs that will allow you to convert FLACs to WAVs or any other kind of file you desire, for free.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mac OS X

I personally use VLC for quick playing of FLAC files because who DOESN'T have VLC installed? ASSHOLES, that's who! Are you an asshole? Don't be an asshole, get VLC!

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I personally use VLC for quick playing of FLAC files because who DOESN'T have VLC installed? ASSHOLES, that's who! Are you an asshole? Don't be an asshole, get VLC!
    I use Foobar2000 for FLAC (and any other audio file), so that probably makes me a giant asshole.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Foobar2000 is cool but it isn't cross-platform. VLC is my default for all my oddball media that needs to play. If I played a lot of FLAC files, I would probably have something better. FLAC is just too inconvenient!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)

Mac OS X

i use Enqueue, but i'd not blame anyone for not wanting to pay cashmoney just to listen to FLACs.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Is it me or these are gone from TPB?

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Okay, so that's weird.