Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Coil vs Nine Inch Nails: Uncoiled/Recoiled

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    When I received the original remix, it sounded slowed down to me - it struck me as possibly being a 48khz track being played back at 44khz. I opened it up in Soundforge as a 48khz track, and then downsampled it to 44khz, and it sounded a lot closer to the other versions of Gave Up. I prooooobably should have checked with Danny before making that decision. He has since confirmed that the slowed down version is how it was intended.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I ordered the CD, standard vinyl and colored vinyl and just received:

COLD SPRING RECORDS

5:43 AM (4 hours ago)

to ryan
    Order ID: 7289
    Date Ordered: 20/01/2014

Your order has been updated to the following status:
    Shipped

Please reply to this email if you have any questions.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    PS - where's the Recoiled thread? I can only see this one.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    PS - where's the Recoiled thread? I can only see this one.
    they're one in the same at this point, i think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has anyone who ordered this from Amazon gotten their copy yet? I was able to download the AutoRip MP3s, but that's all I've gotten so far and Amazon doesn't seem to know when they'll ship. I'm sure it will come eventually but so far $20 seems pricey for 5 MP3 files.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Merriweather View Post
    Has anyone who ordered this from Amazon gotten their copy yet? I was able to download the AutoRip MP3s, but that's all I've gotten so far and Amazon doesn't seem to know when they'll ship. I'm sure it will come eventually but so far $20 seems pricey for 5 MP3 files.
    Looking at the Amazon listing for the CD, it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and "This title will be released on March 25, 2014" - the delay is probably there to account for time it takes to ship from Cold Spring's warehouse to Amazon's central warehouse, then from there onto regional warehouses based on who ordered what. I'm betting it'll ship before the 25th, but that date gives them plenty of time to accommodate for any unforeseen fulfillment snafus.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't received shipping notifications yet. I did receive an email this weekend from Cold Spring asking for my address so they could send me a few copies gratis - I think they were probably scrambling to get their European orders out first, and maybe held off on fulfilling American orders - including Amazon - until the special edition was done. Hopefully everyone who ordered a physical copy through wherever will have it in their hands before April rolls around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    could someone pm me the email address that I need to request the WAVs please. I got my splattered vinyl today and would like to put the tunes onto my mp3 player (already got the uncoiled download as I donted originally, but I wanted the baby alarm remix to listen to)

Also heres a pic of the splattered vinyl

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    There's the first copy up on eBay right now at $120

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    When I received the original remix, it sounded slowed down to me - it struck me as possibly being a 48khz track being played back at 44khz. I opened it up in Soundforge as a 48khz track, and then downsampled it to 44khz, and it sounded a lot closer to the other versions of Gave Up. I prooooobably should have checked with Danny before making that decision. He has since confirmed that the slowed down version is how it was intended.
    I was not a donor, so does that mean the version I downloaded has the sped up version ,or was it corrected back? I have the CD release from cold spring, but I would still like to have the rest of the tracks at the correct rate if possible :-)

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jd13 View Post
    I was not a donor, so does that mean the version I downloaded has the sped up version ,or was it corrected back? I have the CD release from cold spring, but I would still like to have the rest of the tracks at the correct rate if possible :-)
    The widely distributed version of Uncoiled has a sped up Coil remix as the first track. The slower version on the Cold Spring release is the correct speed, according to Danny Hyde.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The widely distributed version of Uncoiled has a sped up Coil remix as the first track. The slower version on the Cold Spring release is the correct speed, according to Danny Hyde.
    Gotcha, thanks for the clarification Levi :-)

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    This remix of "The Downward Spiral" is so creepy.
    Coil is utterly terrifying in general, to me anyway. Them and Nurse With Wound. When i first got fixed at the ripe old age of 12, i was scared to listen to the gave up remix in the dark, because of those weird ass noises in the break before the drums come back in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looking at the Amazon listing for the CD, it says "Ships from and sold by Amazon.com" and "This title will be released on March 25, 2014" - the delay is probably there to account for time it takes to ship from Cold Spring's warehouse to Amazon's central warehouse, then from there onto regional warehouses based on who ordered what. I'm betting it'll ship before the 25th, but that date gives them plenty of time to accommodate for any unforeseen fulfillment snafus.

If it makes you feel any better, I haven't received shipping notifications yet. I did receive an email this weekend from Cold Spring asking for my address so they could send me a few copies gratis - I think they were probably scrambling to get their European orders out first, and maybe held off on fulfilling American orders - including Amazon - until the special edition was done. Hopefully everyone who ordered a physical copy through wherever will have it in their hands before April rolls around.
    I was told by Justin at Cold Spring that they didn't ship the black vinyl until about 9 days ago..

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I'm planning to make a video about the story of both Uncoiled and Recoiled. It will be a visual re-telling of mostly the stuff that @Leviathant wrote in the Uncoiled description (from the alt.music.nin song titles to the period Levi and I got in touch with Danny), plus:

1) some background on Coil and Danny's remix and video work with NIN
    2) references to Peter Christopherson's final releases, including the last stuff he made with Danny ("The New Backwards" and "Electric Sewer Age - Moon's Milk In Final Phase" were the very last, right?)
    3) information about the Cold Spring release and how to buy it
    4) differences between Uncoiled and Recoiled

I would like your input on what I should and should NOT say in the video. I have some concerns:

1) Should I mention the ETS fundraiser?
    2) Should I call @Leviathant and @MAD by their real names? (I'm willing to plug MAD's Bandcamp, too)
    3) Will any references to the TPB be okay?
    4) Any other sensitive subjects I should not talk about?

I will use as little copyrighted material as possible (though using Recoiled as background music won't hurt, right?). I will also mention @paul_guyet 's interview with Danny, if that's okay. Feel free to suggest anything else.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    1) Should I mention the ETS fundraiser?
    I don't see why not.

2) Should I call @Leviathant and @MAD by their real names? (I'm willing to plug MAD's Bandcamp, too)
    As far as anyone is concerned, treat "Leviathant" as unpronounceable series of characters. Whenever you want to refer to me while speaking, you should refer to the name on my birth certificate.

3) Will any references to the TPB be okay?
    I couldn't tell you how it got on The Bay, but it did end up there, somehow. I don't see any problem mentioning that. Do not suggest that I did that, because I don't even have a Pirate Bay account.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got my LP today!!! The packaging is really well done as is the artwork. Great job to everyone involved!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    I will help you in any way possible. We can chat, we can Skype (webcam included), you can call me by my name too. I'm Marius, by the way. (I'm not sure if I ever used my real name here)

Regarding background music, I think I can help you with that as well.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So the correct timing is 5:57 (as on Uncoiled Extended)? So the timing here is uncorrect, they say 5:28: http://coldspring.co.uk/discography/.../#.Uyy9pmf7_bg

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just got my colored vinyl. Frickin beautiful and sounds great.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Curious, did anyone else order via Paypal? And if so, did you receive any follow-up emails (e.g. shipment notification) after your order was placed? I mean, given that @K-Rice received their copy, I probably won't care about shipment notification in the next few days, but I went to check my order status, and password recovery for my account says there's no account with that email address. Since you need to log in to check order history (as best as I can tell) I'm kind of left hanging.

Of course, I can always just email Cold Spring directly, but they are sending me a package separate from my order... really I should just be patient :P

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Interesting. I payed with PayPal, got the PayPal notification, I got a confirmation for my order but no email that it was shipped. I ordered the LTD vinyl. I did emailed about this but got no reply.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    Interesting. I payed with PayPal, got the PayPal notification, I got a confirmation for my order but no email that it was shipped. I ordered the LTD vinyl. I did emailed about this but got no reply.
    What's important is that we both have order numbers in the confirmation email. I'm pretty sure we're fine - I know that Paypal integration with eCommerce is a pain in the neck. A lot of stores kind of spit you out into a kind of ecommerce limbo when you check out through Paypal, and that's probably all that's happened here. Mostly I'm just glad to see that someone else had experienced the same behavior.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    I went through PayPal for my order and just got an email shipping notification from them about it last week. :-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I paid through paypal and my splattered vinyl arrived last week (allready pictured on the thread). I guess it might take longer to ship to the US. Well worth the wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I received my black splattered vinyl today. Tons of pops and crackling especially on side A, and it's definitely not my record player. Not sure if anything can be done about it, probably just take it as a loss. Great record minus the interference. Ordered the CD so I can listen to a clean version. Shit happens.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Just e-mail them.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I got my order today. All seems to be in order but I don't have a turntable so I can't play the vinyl to tell you if there's any odd noise.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Got one and keepin' it sealed, will listen a copy from t o r r e n t

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Picture disc shipping in May limited to 1000 copies, and go!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    They now have a Picture Disc LP for pre-order.
    http://coldspring.co.uk/discography/.../#.UzGr6_ldXg0

Last edited by Pyract; 03-25-2014 at 11:26 AM.