Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Jane's Addiction

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Yep. Eric shortly left again at the end of 2009. The rest of the band wanted to record an album and he didn't want to.
    There was a series of videos on YouTube a while back of Eric (being interviewed by some random guy) where he spent a lot of time airing out Jane's dirty laundry around the NINJA and 2.0 tours and the recording sessions with Trent.

The gist of it, as I remember it, was that they butted heads with Perry over ideas, Perry didn't want the band to make music without him there, Dave and Steve sorta just fell in line and didn't rock the boat, Trent tried to have a talk with Perry and that didn't go well either. Hence why the NINJA sampler only had 2 old rerecorded songs, and the only other thing to come out of those sessions was that Embrace The Darkness song that was never released. Sounded like at that point Eric had enough.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Oh, the irony!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Dave pretty much just confirmed on Insta that the band is more than likely done, saying that "They'll never hear the new song live." What a fucking shame

Mentioned
    256 Post(s)
    Dave and Eric's tech Dan Cleary (notable for having guested onstage with NIN in 2009) recounts his perspective on how the tour came to an end.

Mentioned
    98 Post(s)
    Around 53 min into that he plays Perry's isolated vocals from the show when it all went down and woof, he sounded fuckin' out of it. Then starting at 1:00:30 when he plays the audio that kept recording afterwards, you can hear Dave walk up after like 'what the fuck was that you motherfucker, i'm never playing with you again you piece of shit' and Perry hauls off and clocks him. Jesus.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Was pretty heart breaking to hear Dave say that. I don't blame him. It sounds like he put a lot of work in to make the tour and then Perry acts like that.

I went through and listened to more of the NY songs on youtube that Dan was referring to and man, it's awful.

Hope Perry is getting the help he needs.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It was fascinating to hear a true behind the scenes view on what has been happening with the band the last few months, that's something you rarely get.