Thread: Autechre

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    How these two people can be so insanely, inhumanly goddamned talented? These NTS Sessions are incredible.

Do any of you ever go back and listen to stuff from several years back that may not have clicked with you the first time? It's fresh on my mind: I rediscovered "Sublimit" from Untilted a few months ago and ��
    Last edited by Clownboat; 04-21-2018 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Clownboat View Post
    How these two people can be so insanely, inhumanly goddamned talented? These NTS Sessions are incredible.

Do any of you ever go back and listen to stuff from several years back that may not have clicked with you the first time? It's fresh on my mind: I rediscovered "Sublimit" from Untilted a few months ago and ��
    They're hella smart. Which doesn't always translate into being creatively talented, but they've scripted generative programs in C (or C++, whichever works with Max MSP), and are now generating all these tracks in real time from equations, markov chains and god knows what else.

I am a better listener than I used to be, so I've def gone back and I like some older stuff by them that I didn't used to. I still don't like Quaristice, really, EP7, L-event or the first two as whole releases, but almost everything else is so stunning to me. I also didn't really like the first NTS session as a whole but the second one is AMAZING. Not sure about the third one yet.