Page 4 of 21 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Prometheus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I haven't been following that closely, but wasn't the script leaked before the trailer? I remember reading the plot to Alien:Ressurection ages before the film (or trailers) came out. It was also denounced as a fake at the time, but aside from some changes in the ending, turned out to be the real deal.
    There was a plot summary but this was an actual script.

The script I think has been contradicted already by the new trailer preview. In the script the lazer screen was built into the alien ship - in the new preview you can see that they are scanners used by the crew.
    Last edited by Lutz; 03-14-2012 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Really hope the movie is not as hammy and cheesy as that Guy Pierce clip.
    I wouldn't worry about that, I bet it's just a little something to set the mood about the Company (Weyland Industries, Weyland-Yutani or whatever) for those who don't know, and a small way to indulge the fans without actually revealing much.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Double post for new trailer:

Clickity

From what I gather this may not be the trailer scheduled for 17th of March, so there may be one more coming.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post

Clickity

From what I gather this may not be the trailer scheduled for 17th of March, so there may be one more coming.
    So sick...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The trailer scheduled for tomorrow is meant to be 2.22 long.
    This is not.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alexandros View Post

Clickity
    O_O

HOLY SHIT, THAT LOOKS FUCKING BRILLIANT.

Welcome back to the world of Sci-Fi, Ridley...you've been SORELY missed!!!

Anyone who's worried he's lost his touch can STFU and go find a hole to go crawl in and die now, plz.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    http://www.livestream.com/prometheus They are replaying the Q&A with the trailer attached to the end. It's pretty sick. . .

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    That looks great!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Sweet Lord that's awesome. There are the things I know I saw in that trailer and then, there are the things I think I saw.

I have three movies on my "only death can stop me from seeing this on opening day" list: The Avengers, Prometheus and The Hobbit. So far, I haven't seen or heard anything disappointing about them. I. can't. wait.

And Noomi Rapace is my new heterosexual girl crush; she looks amazing in this. So does Fassbender; I dig the blonde hair. And the slightly creepy last line of that trailer.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    I'm not a huge fan of sci-fi, I'm not a big Ridley Scott fan, and I still haven't seen the original Alien, but this looks AMAZING. The new trailer didn't quite grab me the way the other one did, but it didn't dampen my enthusiasm at all.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Thanks for the links!

I probably already said this earlier in the thread, but in a year that includes such nerdgasms as an improbable Avengers film and the finale to Nolan's Batman trilogy, I think in my heart of hearts, this is my most anticipated film of 2012. Somehow, I missed that this was gonna be a 3D movie until recently, so I'm happy to know Ridley filmed in 3D - we're finally gonna see the results of James Cameron's pitch to Ridley (which if I remember correctly helped nudge him back to sci-fi as well).

A little surprised by Guy Pearce's involvement, too. Now I know why we haven't seen him in any of the trailers. I'm just glad he's in the movie.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    So much fan service in this trailer it's sickening and I love it. There's an Alien murial, something that looks like a chestburster being cut out of Noomi's abdomen, the massive Giger Egg Silo (or pyramid) and the space jockey suit... but it could have none of those and I'd still be pretty stoked for this new movie and for Ridley Scott.

Great Q&A by the way - Scott telling one of the guys who tweeted in to 'eff off' over calling practical effects 'old school' and proclaiming 'Ooooh YES!' to whether there would be anything like the kind of scenes of the Kane chestbursting variety in Prometheus. If this movie turns out to be bad I'm going to be gutted. But it surely can't. I mean look at all the STUFF!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This is going to be quite the loaded year for film all around, but this is one that I'm definitely looking forward to. I may even bite the bullet and see it in 3-D.

And seeing all the gadgetry in this trailer, as compared to the crude design of the Nostromo there isn't as much of a disconnect as I feared there would be now. All the computer keyboards and flying equipment in Alien were circa 1978 or whatever, but in my mind now it fits into how they wanted the ship to look like a run-down ship. One can imagine Weyland-Yutani building thousands of those ships, and cutting corners where needed, such as communication.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Oh hell, now I'm so primed for this that I'm bound to be disappointed if the movie isn't 100% perfect! Damn you, epic trailers!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    I haven't been following that closely, but wasn't the script leaked before the trailer? I remember reading the plot to Alien:Ressurection ages before the film (or trailers) came out. It was also denounced as a fake at the time, but aside from some changes in the ending, turned out to be the real deal.
    There have been about four completely different scripts 'leaked' so far. The latest one seemed really legit, however Jon Spaihts denied any involvement with any of them, the most famous one was fanfic by a guy on the IMDB forums, one was so awful it was very funny to read with lines "Looks like Sumerian or something...". The most recent I mentioned the android is called Davis and the script was titled Prometheus... Spaihts tweeted that David has always been called David and that his script was titled 'Untitled Alien Prequel'.

Of course I reckon these are all an amalgamation of speculation on forums such as AVP Galaxy. I'm treated with suspicion there though because... well... my brother's room mate worked on the movie and I've known way too much since last summer, not enough to spoil anything at all but enough to get me really excited. The synopsis I was given was simply to think of 'The Thing in space' and that the sexual imagery is really harsh in this movie (there's a few other details that totally relate to Alien but enough of that) let's not dwell on that though ... if you pause the frames of Noomi in the med pod and the 'chestburster' thing in the trailer, it looks like a giant sperm!

One last thing... if you hear any of the cast and crew talking about Thelma and Louise you may be wondering if they are taking the piss or not...
    Last edited by owinn; 03-18-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Would you believe there's ANOTHER trailer out?!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Ok, ive been watching the first trailer, the one from friday night. about halfway in theres some kind of holagram thing of a spacesuited person running down a Giger tunnel, whats that?

Also, youtube comments are full of comments for the offical trailer like "OMG Fachugger at 2.02." I do not believe this is a facehugger. maybe a primitive one, but it looks weird and there are spindly wires? The "fake" script references some kind of gray spindly creature being cut from within Shaw's abdomen.

Also, theres a cut of shaw sitting defeated on the Prometheus in her suit in front on the legs of what i believe is an un-suited Spacejockey/Engineer.

Its all terribley exciting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by owinn View Post
    Of course I reckon these are all an amalgamation of speculation on forums such as AVP Galaxy.

The AVP galaxy forums seem dangerous. I mean they seem to take a theory and then run with it as if it were gospel.

I did like this thread though.... CONTAINS POSSIBLE SPOILERS!! http://www.avpgalaxy.net/forum/index.php?topic=42511.0

The more i think about this the more plausible it seems.

The second image down does appear to have an elderly Peter Weyland in the background.
    Last edited by Alex of scotland; 03-18-2012 at 05:06 PM. Reason: SPOILERS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh my god. I want to see this right fucking now. Fassbender is also one of my favorite actors right now. I really cannot wait.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex of scotland View Post
    Ok, ive been watching the first trailer, the one from friday night. about halfway in theres some kind of holagram thing of a spacesuited person running down a Giger tunnel, whats that?
    Oh, that's a cloaked Predator

In all seriousness my thoughts is that is may be something the red laser 3D mapping orbs pick up on whatever their sensors are. Perhaps it's a cloaked Jockey?

I swear that thing being cut from Shaw looks like a giant sperm squid thing.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Oh holy fuckballs, this can't get here fast enough.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I just read a good one, that the humans aren't the only ones who find an 'invitation' to the planet. That would make sense. Maybe the big blue chap is part of another team of explorers from another planet?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm totally scared right now.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Chills watching the new trailer.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I guess everyone has seen this but in case at least one person hasn't:

Must refrain to make jokes.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Anyone else catch the new TV spot that aired during The Walking Dead? There was a new shot of a certain character who usually sits that was upright and walking. Wow wow wow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I can't ever say I was skeptical of Ridley for going with a high industrial look/feel for the film as opposed to the 1980's look, but an added fan service I love is the similarities of the hall in the Prometheus to that of the Nostromo.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Anybody spot the quick shot of the Xenomorph coming out of the wall yet.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    That "mountain" for want of a better words looks a LOT like Giger's concept for the "Tank" in Dune...

Quote Originally Posted by Exploding Plastic View Post
    Anybody spot the quick shot of the Xenomorph coming out of the wall yet.
    Not me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    Anyone who's worried he's lost his touch can STFU and go find a hole to go crawl in and die now, plz.
    Let's let the proof be in the pudding.