Thread: Prometheus

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Well... umm the Derelict in Aliens Colonial Marines had to go through a few changes to tie in with the movie I believe

Some guy posted some comparison shots of Prometheus and Lawrence of Arabia - Weyland is a big T.E.Lawrence fan. There's also some comparisons to Full Metal Jacket there but those are mainly for laughs.

Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Charlize Theron's demeanor in these trailers makes me think she's Weyland's newest model...
    Well, Damon Lindelof was quoted very early on in the production of this movie when somebody asked if there would be androids, he said "Yes. There might even be two"

One other thing... looks like at least part of this movie will be set during Christmas! Scroll through this Spoilerific cast list to see a list of songs including Christmas carols and the original Alien theme. Good to see O'Bannon , Sushett and Giger getting full credits, most of this movie looks like the stuff left out of the original Alien script.

EDIT

LOOKS AS THOUGH SCOTT COULDN'T RESIST GIVING HIS MISSUS A ROLE! AGAIN!

Last edited by owinn; 05-01-2012 at 12:12 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Charlize Theron's demeanor in these trailers makes me think she's Weyland's newest model...
    M. Night Shyamalan is writing/directing the sequel, Prometheodes, with the big twist at the end being.... spoiler: all of the humans are actually androids.

Since there isn't a dedicated Alien thread, I figure here's a good place to post this link. It's a fantastic compilation of memories from people who worked on Alien. There are seven pages of video and photographic content, with videos on just the first four.

http://www.zen171398.zen.co.uk/Alien.html

It's almost like a special edition of Alien Vault. Speaking of books, I see there's another behind-the-scenes book coming out later this month that also features a lot of concept art and photos, along with interviews. I can't imagine it has much more, if anything, aside from interviews, than Vault.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Book-Alien...5900868&sr=8-2
    Last edited by Findus; 05-01-2012 at 02:48 PM.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Someone told me that both books are pretty much the same while Alien Vault is a more updated version of the book of Alien.