Page 127 of 264 FirstFirst ... 27 77 117 125 126 127 128 129 137 177 227 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,810 of 7895

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Let people pee and shit where they feel comfortable God fucking damn.
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Homie had a bernie sanders profile pic and he's spouting out that transphobic bullshit.
    you are a very complex person, but i'm glad you're on the morally correct side of this issue <3

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    you are a very complex person, but i'm glad you're on the morally correct side of this issue <3
    I'm very, very VERY passionate about the rights and respect towards the LGBT community. I make jokes about a lot of things but I'll fight till I'm dead in the ground for the rights of that group.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I hate that my brain likes to think of all the hurtful moments in the past lifetime all at once before I go to sleep sometimes. Fuck it, I'll cry it out and maybe it'll stop going there. *Tries to meditate*

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The USPS. Missed a package I needed to sign for yesterday and they left a slip. The slip said the package was at a post office that is 30 minutes away in another town. Curious since I live about 3 or 4 blocks from a post office and have picked up from them before. I drive to said town and they tell me that my package is not there, but back at my local post office. I did get my package, but I can't help but feel like I put in far much more effort than was worth.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I fucking hate how EVERY relative of mine seems to be a far right wing apologist. The biggest problem for a lot of people I'm related to now seems to be a conflict between how much they completely support and identify with every shitty aspect of Assface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface Moneybags Assface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface Moneybags's xenophobic, racist, myopic, self-aggrandizing, arrogant, irresponsible, misogynistic, uninformed horseshit, and a sad "boo hoo" about how ultimately he's not realistically going to be elected.

Own that shit you fucking cowards. Assface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface Moneybags Assface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface MoneybagsAssface Moneybags is the cartoon manifestation of all the stupid shit that you actually stand for. You're looking in the mirror.
    Sadly, I'm in the same boat. It makes me feel like I'm the black sheep of the family. This election cycle isn't anything new, I've had to deal with the racist, homophobic, misogynistic, shitty comments for years. I'm not even angry anymore, just sad.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Insomnia. Fucking. Sucks.

Last night I couldn't get to sleep until around 1 pm (yes, you read that right) and I woke up at 2:45 (pm).

And here I am, tonight, and I'm not tired at all. I actually (unfortunately) feel strangely amped. It's 11:30 pm. Please let me get some sleep before I have to be at work at 11:30 am.

Maybe the most annoying thing about all this is I was trying to convey to a friend earlier how this insomnia was fucking me up, and I was worried about being able to be rested and functioning in time for work. "You don't have to be at work till 11:30?! Cry me a fucking river! I have to get to work by 8:00! And I somehow manage. It's not even that hard. I get up at 6:30, exercise for a bit, I even usually have time to relax a bit afterwards before I head over, and really, I don't even get that much sleep! I get about 6 hours of sleep a night!"

Dude.... dude........... If I got anywhere near 6 hours of real sleep a night I would be crying with happiness, you smug myopic fuckhead. I need red bull and coffee to make this work.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackholesun View Post
    Sadly, I'm in the same boat. It makes me feel like I'm the black sheep of the family. This election cycle isn't anything new, I've had to deal with the racist, homophobic, misogynistic, shitty comments for years. I'm not even angry anymore, just sad.
    Oddly, I'm slightly on the otherside. My family is very liberal/progressive and I am thankful that their positions they can articulate with an intelligent argument - HOWEVER, they do tend to snob out with their own regionalism that everyone outside any experience in the northeast of the U.S. are unedumacated rednecks. It really doesn't help their arguments when they can be so snobby and dismissive.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Another dear friend died. Motherfuckers are dropping like flies, i swear to god

that's 3 in a year, one suicide, two alcohol related. and then there's the one that's pending.

and it's been like EVERY year the past few years. i'm too young for this bullshit

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    Another dear friend died. Motherfuckers are dropping like flies, i swear to god

that's 3 in a year, one suicide, two alcohol related. and then there's the one that's pending.

and it's been like EVERY year the past few years. i'm too young for this bullshit
    Sorry for your loss dude. Sounds like the folks you ran with haven't exercised all the demons like you have/are.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I'm getting a little tired of seeing pictures of drowned children every time I log into Facebook.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I'm getting a little tired of seeing pictures of drowned children every time I log into Facebook.
    Yeah... especially when it's accompanied by some simpering appeal to affect our opinions on policy issues. "Here's a dead baby, and if this doesn't make you change your attitude about refugees, what will?!!!!! If you're not suddenly on board with our stance on this issue it means you're obviously some evil heartless monster, because only an evil shit would see a picture like this and not suddenly agree with whatever I'm saying"
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-03-2015 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Yeah... especially when it's accompanied by some simpering appeal to affect our opinions on policy issues. "Here's a dead baby, and if this doesn't make you change your attitude about refugees, what will?!!!!! If you're not suddenly on board with our stance on this issue it means you're obviously some evil heartless monster, because only an evil shit would see a picture like this and not suddenly agree with whatever I'm saying"
    Additionally, the people I've seen spreading those pictures have never shown outrage or circulated memes about the immigrant children who've died during border crossings.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Seriously. If one of my friends in "real life" handed me a picture of a dead child and said "isn't that awful?", I'd probably try my best to never speak to them again.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I used to have a friend who would post pictures of aborted fetuses with captions like "look! LOOK! This is THE TRUTH! Stop running from THE TRUTH!"

I said something kind of tasteless in response once, and she either blocked/banned me or just quit Facebook.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I dunno, I've seen at least one person change their stance on Syrian refugees based on that photo. People over here are going hysterical with all the fear-mongering and BS about how they are all young able-bodied men coming here to conquer Europe with their evil religion and to rape and pillage. Seeing actual pictures instead of reading "100 migrants drown" helps to bring it home to some people. While I would never post that pic, it did stop people from vomiting their xenophobic rage all over the place, at least for a little while.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    holy fuck, I'm not following any more "pro user groups" on Facebook. These things are filled with obnoxious children who just started making music and are acting like they're fucking ninjas because they got accepted to a FACEBOOK GROUP.

The world is officially getting almost too silly to handle.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-04-2015 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyx View Post
    I dunno, I've seen at least one person change their stance on Syrian refugees based on that photo. People over here are going hysterical with all the fear-mongering and BS about how they are all young able-bodied men coming here to conquer Europe with their evil religion and to rape and pillage. Seeing actual pictures instead of reading "100 migrants drown" helps to bring it home to some people. While I would never post that pic, it did stop people from vomiting their xenophobic rage all over the place, at least for a little while.
    Yeah, it has done nothing to quell the hatred towards Latino immigrants here in the US. Sympathy for Syrian refugees, however, is quite high.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    I think the Gun Talk thread is more toxic and generally fucked than anything the Shitlist ever got close to, and so I don't want any part of it. I said I don't want to participate in that thread anymore. Don't drag me into it.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    I think the Gun Talk thread is more toxic and generally fucked than anything the Shitlist ever got close to, and so I don't want any part of it. I said I don't want to participate in that thread anymore. Don't drag me into it.
    but...but... you arguing with digital chaos is better than prime time tv!
    Sigh.

My cousin got 2 years for his third dwi. poor fucker. maybe he will stop drinking.
    i'm not scared about him being in prison because he's VERY tough...the toughest of us in this family for sure.
    But i hate the convict stigma he's gonna have around his neck for the rest of his life.
    Also, he's a career TRUCK DRIvER who had a hazmat license and was making killer money. for some reason i doubt they'll be letting him do ThAT shit anymore

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    ...Trying to explain to Amazon over e-mail that a CD they are shipping + selling is an unofficial Russian bootleg. It doesn't help matters when the release is meant to be "identical" to an official release from (insert country here).

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    ...Trying to explain to Amazon over e-mail that a CD they are shipping + selling is an unofficial Russian bootleg. It doesn't help matters when the release is meant to be "identical" to an official release from (insert country here).
    Contact Amazon customer service chat. Pretty much the best corporate customer support service out there.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Cicadas are pretty much the worst thing ever. SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BASTARDS.

Also, I have to find a new therapist. My therapist SUCKS and this is the worst time to have to start over from scratch with someone new but I don't really have much of a choice. And the more I think about some of the stuff that she has said to be in the past (including stuff from over a year ago when I first started hormones) the more I'm realizing how she.really hasn't been a.good therapist this whole time and her whole outlook on trans issues is very problematic. I have actually recommended her to people (including fellow trans people) and now I seriously regret doing that.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Cicadas are pretty much the worst thing ever. SHUT UP YOU LITTLE BASTARDS.
    Ugh, THEY ARE MAKING ME DEAF THIS YEAR. And they started up here early, in JULY, WTF.

I recorded some in my back yard:
    https://instagram.com/p/6gVaU6BVzk/

Glad you are taking control and finding a new therapist.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-07-2015 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People who stick their tongues out before they take a bite of their food. Please stop.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kattastrophic View Post
    People who stick their tongues out before they take a bite of their food. Please stop.
    ...people do that? i would be terrified of biting my tongue!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    ...people do that? i would be terrified of biting my tongue!
    I do this sometimes, depending on what I'm eating. If I didn't, I'd end up with food all over my face. It's like an additional spoon.

But I'm from Scotland. Haggis and shit, see.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I had a phone interview for a job today (that was good). The HR person who set up the interview said it would be at 2pm pacific standard time. She even noted in the email that the time zone is PST. When doe she call? 2pm EST. I was all set to have the interview at 5pm and made sure I set aside the time and she calls at 2. I was already prepared with my answers (thank god it was just a standard HR screen interview) but it pisses me off that it could have gone wrong. Now I feel off some how.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluegirl View Post
    I had a phone interview for a job today (that was good). The HR person who set up the interview said it would be at 2pm pacific standard time. She even noted in the email that the time zone is PST. When doe she call? 2pm EST. I was all set to have the interview at 5pm and made sure I set aside the time and she calls at 2. I was already prepared with my answers (thank god it was just a standard HR screen interview) but it pisses me off that it could have gone wrong. Now I feel off some how.
    If you get through to the next stage, make sure to tell the interviewer that the screener fucked up.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Greyhound ticket: buying two separate one way tickets is cheaper than the roundtrip. Wtf.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    If you get through to the next stage, make sure to tell the interviewer that the screener fucked up.
    Maybe don't do that, because it was very possibly already accounted for in their applicant tracking system/your case. If you were able to handle an early call that well, it only speaks more highly of you, whereas pointing out the mistake a colleague made could be perceived as a bad attitude. Also, depending on the company, you never know who you're speaking with. The VP of People at our company (who would sit in on final pitches and the like) used to also be the person doing a phone screen.

Also I've made scheduling mistakes before, but never to that degree, geez. This is why I always type out both time zones when calling outside of ours. Like "2:00 PM (PDT) / 5:00 PM (EDT)"