Page 6 of 264 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, I worked with a friend at his job in the past, though paid under the table. Today, he came over and bribed me with alcohol to fill in for him at his job. I'm actually ok with it, and even without the alcohol would be ok with it, but now that I'm drunk, I'm depressed and really being harsh at myself with the self loathing. Why the fuck can't I be happy? I'm being seriously honest when I say that I haven't been happy in a long time. I don't know, maybe I'm just being a baby.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

@Frozen Beach : Alcohol: It's a depressant. Also, happiness is a fleeting feeling, not a state of being. You have to seek it, and sometimes it's right there but you can't feel it. You have to want to feel it. It can come from the smallest things. So, no, you're not a baby,

Thing that pisses me off: My mother.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-02-2013 at 10:10 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    When people change plans the last minute and I'm just expected to go along with it, again and again. People like to think they're being spontaneous but they're really just being plain unreliable and flakey. If I can't count on you, I'm not going to be making any more plans with you.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Studying driving theory - grrrr!. My brain left studying years ago!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have a little time in the next weeks, so I want to do some of the things I had to delay until now. Unfortunately, these are so many things that I can't decide which one to begin with. Watch the most important movies of the past year? Re-watch Game of Thrones Season 1&2? Read the GoT books? Finish Skyrim and the new expansion? Read a few classic economics books? Or start viewing all the culturally significant American TV shows of the last decade (you know, the trend that began with The Sopranos, but there's also The Wire, Breaking Bad, Mad Men, The Walking Dead, all those shows that are reportedly extremely good and culturally significant, but which are hard to watch on german television).
    Anyway, there's so much to occupy myself with that I get scared of deciding for one thing and I end up hanging around on the Internet in the most apathetic way.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Aggh bored and restless! Hope my horses win in Grand National, but still bored and restless, going to walk around a shopping centre

Fuck all nine horses came nowhere!. At least not many fell.
    Last edited by miss k bee; 04-06-2013 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Hey everybody on social media... USE SNOPES BEFORE POSTING THINGS.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    My inability to articulate. Sometimes I make no fuckin sense.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    When people in office lunch room can't wipe their food crumbs and whatever they spilled off the table.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    I'm Greek, English is my second language (as you can tell by the majority of my posts), and I like it, I like its sound, its simple structure, I'm pretty much used to it since I consume English-language films and music all the time, 90% of the text I read (and write) on the Internet is in English, so, I'm okay with it, in most cases...

...but, if there's one word I absolutely HATE, it's the word "powerhouse". I hate the combination of the words "horse" and "power" that's not "horsepower". I hate how it sounds. I hate its meaning. I hate it, hate it, hate it. If anyone wants to give me positive feedback but uses the word "powerhouse" to describe what I do, I'll slap them in the face so hard they'll feel like they've been ass-whooped by a herd of electricity-spitting horses.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Well for one- and like I said to someone else on here recently- your English is excellent, I had no idea it wasn't your first language.

And as for "powerhouse", it's one of those words that has lost meaning over time. Originally it was referring to the actual building housing the turbines that generated power in a hydro-electric dam, I'm pretty sure...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Etymology of powerhouse:

http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?...earchmode=none

Nothing about horses.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-11-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Sorry, Tapatalk screwed up

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Oh, I screwed up too, I mixed up "house" and "horse". Thank you, insomnia.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    To be fair, anyone that uses powerhouse deserves a slap.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    there's a gym in my city with that name. should I be concerned?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Organizing pinned apps in Windows 8. I can't just auto-arrange them alphabetically, and manual arrangement is a pain in the ass.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    AGGH got spin bike ass pain!!

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    So..my grandmother is in the hospital and it's not looking too good. She's having trouble breathing and they don't know why (and they've got her on oxygen now) and they tested her kidneys and they're only working at 28%. On top of that, I just heard from my dad that now she's having stomach pains, but we don't know why yet. And I'm 400 miles away. Fuck.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Damn, dude, that's rough...

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Yeah, it's bad. My dad just called and said that now they found out that she has an enlarged heart and apparently she's on morphine, which my dad thinks is a really bad sign. He suspects the worst. I hope he's wrong. And also she's stuttering and they don't know why.

Edit: And thank you for thinking of me, Fixer.
    Last edited by theruiner; 04-15-2013 at 08:42 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    ^^^
    I'm so sorry to hear that, my friend. I hope she's going to pull through. *hugs*

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Videobuzz (youtube channel) got removed from Roku for DMCA notice, No!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    People who borrow money and "can't" pay back until payday, although you know they have a savings account they can't=WON'T dig into... #Blacklisted

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That awkward moment when you realise you've left a sex-toy in the shower for 3 days...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My apartment complex was having a chicken nugget-eating contest today. Most nuggets in 3 minutes wins a $50 prepaid gift card. My roommate and I got super pumped for it. Turns out they cancelled it because nobody signed up. If me and him had known we had to register ahead of time, we would have literally been the only two people competing, and could've split the money.

First-world problem, for sure. :\

Also, the fact that the trailers for Oblivion seem to give away way too much, and that the story seems to be really predicable and cliche. I hope it's at least some beautiful, delicious eye candy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh need to 69, that way i wouldn't have to hear either of the fucking blowhards spew their bullshit.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    When people exit the subway through the door that triggers an alarm, even though I occasionally, only rarely, will hypocritically follow them.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    That awkward moment when you realise you've left a sex-toy in the shower for 3 days...

Been there. Had my mother over before I realised. Though I think she thought it was a fancy shower gel bottle.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    When people exit the subway through the door that triggers an alarm, even though I occasionally, only rarely, will hypocritically follow them.
    On the Skytrain here you can't move between cars. However, my gripe is with people who try to push their way onto the train before people have finished getting off it.

Related transit rage, there's one particular stop I use where- instead of lining up and getting on in an orderly fashion like decent fucking human beings- for some reason the crowd just mobs the doors and tries to push its way on. I'm going to start wearing Gwar armor when I have to use that stop.