Yes, but see "LTTCYU" thread.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Bored shitless in Berlin. I need better friends!. Enough of this fb shit

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post

Yeah, it's not like Berlin is one of the most beautiful, cultural, and movingly historic cities on earth or anything.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yep and it's a bank holiday here so half of Germany must be pissed already. Unfortunately my fb friend who lives here does not drink and hates crowds... FML

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So instead of sitting around whining about how bored you are go and DO SOMETHING

http://wikitravel.org/en/Berlin

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    There's a Bundesliga match in Berlin tonight, maybe you can entertain yourself.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    If they were in a normal relationship where cheating is bad, it would be extremely useful to the girlfriend.

@Sarah K Sorry.
    Poly does not equal abnormal relationship. o_0

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    that is fucking creepy. "this is mine. i meant it." so he thinks he owns you? what the hell? there's a difference between playfully "claiming" something that belongs to a sexual partner and acting like you actually own them. ditch that weirdo, dude!
    From knowing her orientation, I would assume that their relationship was within a BDSM paradigm. Ownership over a partner's sexuality and body is extremely common -- whether it's role-playing in the moment or, for all intents and purposes, actual within a 24/7 relationship. When consensual, it's not creepy or weird at all.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It is when you've split up with them and say "even if you find someone else and get married you will always be mine". That's just wanktard.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Will go out for dinner later. Transport disruptions because of holiday as well. Bit difficult as not staying in Central Berlin.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    From knowing her orientation, I would assume that their relationship was within a BDSM paradigm. Ownership over a partner's sexuality and body is extremely common -- whether it's role-playing in the moment or, for all intents and purposes, actual within a 24/7 relationship. When consensual, it's not creepy or weird at all.
    That. It wasn't the words so much as the context. Me being like "maybe it is best to just end it" and him being all like ARGH MY PUSSY I DON'T CARE IF YOU SETTLE DOWN. Like, I don't mind shit talking during sex. But our dynamic never once extended to anything D/s outside of sex.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Poly does not equal abnormal relationship. o_0
    Ffs I've got to tiptoe so much here. does "more culturally accepted" work?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by miss k bee View Post
    I heard it was the world capital of comedy.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Ffs I've got to tiptoe so much here. does "more culturally accepted" work?
    it's not about tiptoeing, it's about not being confrontational.

and seriously, stop complaining about people getting upset with you when they're simply trying to have a discussion. yeah, some people's attitudes may be slightly condescending, but that's in response to the tone you take when you approach something (especially something you don't really know anything about).

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    it's not about tiptoeing, it's about not being confrontational.

and seriously, stop complaining about people getting upset with you when they're simply trying to have a discussion. yeah, some people's attitudes may be slightly condescending, but that's in response to the tone you take when you approach something (especially something you don't really know anything about).
    You should relax a little.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Don't yuk on people's yum.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The youngest cat came in ten minutes ago with a mouse in his mouth. After he dropped it, I noticed it wasn't badly hurt and was still alive so I went to grab something to carry it outside again. It ran off and I can't find it. GAH.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    The youngest cat came in ten minutes ago with a mouse in his mouth. After he dropped it, I noticed it wasn't badly hurt and was still alive so I went to grab something to carry it outside again. It ran off and I can't find it. GAH.
    Our cat would try this occasionally. She decided it was best to take the carcass immediately to the laundry room and hide it behind appliances like the water heater or the washer/dryer. She'd then guard the territory like a nest of eggs.

Look out for Monsieur Mouse on the countertops; they're crafty.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    You should relax a little.
    i really, really don't know why i keep engaging you, but something about you just gets under my skin.

that said, i was perfectly calm when i wrote that. i honestly think you need to relax, complaining that "Ffs I've got to tiptoe so much here." why is it so hard for you to understand that, in a space like this, people don't want to be confronted with hate/animosity/judgement for their life choices? this is supposed to be one of those "safe spaces" on the internet where, even when people don't agree on everything, they can still get along with each other. you seem to be one of the only people who has a serious issue conforming to that notion. bill may be a moron and a misogynist, but at least he's mildly entertaining. you're just rude, over and over.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aywok View Post
    Look out for Monsieur Mouse on the countertops; they're crafty.
    So far, Herr Maus has been under the bed, behind my guitar amp, under the bed again, parts unknown that turned out to be behind the wooden storage box beside my bed, under that and now god only knows (I suspect behind the bookcase). We have a trap though, so gonna put that out tonight.

Oh, and @eversonpoe -

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    i really, really don't know why i keep engaging you, but something about you just gets under my skin.

that said, i was perfectly calm when i wrote that. i honestly think you need to relax, complaining that "Ffs I've got to tiptoe so much here." why is it so hard for you to understand that, in a space like this, people don't want to be confronted with hate/animosity/judgement for their life choices? this is supposed to be one of those "safe spaces" on the internet where, even when people don't agree on everything, they can still get along with each other. you seem to be one of the only people who has a serious issue conforming to that notion. bill may be a moron and a misogynist, but at least he's mildly entertaining. you're just rude, over and over.
    Because there's nothing more dismissive of someone else's opinion than telling them to "calm down" or to stop being "so emotional".

Tony, didn't you, just a few weeks back, proudly say that ets is a place that doesn't tolerate racism, bigotry, misogyny, etc? Well, it hasn't got to that place because everyone is super progressive and considerate of each other's feelings. No, it's required a give and take amongst board members to call bullshit out and keep people in check. Is it perfect? No, but neither is real life. This open hostility and an eagerness to always prove that you are right isn't working in your favor so perhaps you should take a step back and re-examine your behavior here. You, yourself, have admitted that you've been antagonistic of late.

Just back from the vet and I'll need to schedule surgery to have the cyst removed as soon as possible before it ruptures. The vet also recommended running a biopsy to make sure the cyst is benign. Ugh, this won't be cheap.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

The little things that piss you off

Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    He never said anything. I mean there have been some possible hints here and there. But for the most part, he's always been honest with me, as well. So, I guess I just felt like I'm not going to play this game where I have to decipher the hidden meaning in your words. Either tell me what you want to say to me, or don't.

Also, I am extremely guilty of the whole "We are getting too close, so let me unconsciously push you away" thing. But I never really felt as if I was doing that to him. But maybe I was. These last few months have kind of been a blur of really weird circumstances and events in my life.
    I've found that some men are attracted to the whole 'I love it when you speak your mind' attitude, but then are normally sensitive to what you say because you don't filter and just speak your mind and might not think its insensitive.

/raises hand - working on my EQ.
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-04-2014 at 01:39 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Hope it's benign. My pets are family so I understand and really hope you get some good news.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Because there's nothing more dismissive of someone else's opinion than telling them to "calm down" or to stop being "so emotional".
    I do believe the person that runs this board was guilty of that towards me last week in this very same thread.

Quote Originally Posted by orestes View Post
    Tony, didn't you, just a few weeks back, proudly say that ets is a place that doesn't tolerate racism, bigotry, misogyny, etc? Well, it hasn't got to that place because everyone is super progressive and considerate of each other's feelings. No, it's required a give and take amongst board members to call bullshit out and keep people in check. Is it perfect?
    Correct. I innocently insinuated that being poly was weird when I made a joke to a friend of mine on this board while being supportive of her and her situation. She caught on to my error and called me out telling me "don't be that fucking person" and I apologized and we moved on from it. I love her to pieces and wouldn't change a thing about her but it's funny how no one called her out for using the word retarded, which I'm POSITIVE if I said something to the effect of "that dude is retarded" I would get called out to oblivion for being insensitive to people with learning disabilities. I'll go ahead and re-examine my behavior here when everyone is held to the same standard as I am.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Being arachnophobic pisses me off.

Dealing with the unpredictable nature of the internet and at any random moment some inconsiderate asshole will post pictures of a spider without any cause for concern toward those that might not like to see that kind of thing and believe me that's a lot of fucking people.... or at least take the steps toward warning those of such impending posts. I get it... if i don't like it i don't have to follow you and yadda yadda... but maybe i like your other content and don't wish to miss out on that? tough beans, is that all you can say?....look I'm all for your freedom to post whatever the fuck but christ I'm pretty sure you always warn other folks of various kinds of media they may find offensive like anything containing racist, rapist or misogynistic remarks.. TRIGGER this, TRIGGER that... blah blah blah so why don't you ever put thought into or think about how that other thing might be totally fucking with people's anxiety levels? cause yes that's a fucking thing believe it or not....oh yeah but here comes the "well stop using the internet then" comments which is about as metaphorical as killing myself because there's a spider in my house.

Update your bio to arachnologist and i might be a bit smarter in avoiding you completely.

You'd think I'd be used to this treatment by now given how commonplace it is, you'd think I'd be desensitized by now but nope, it hasn't been the least bit therapeutic.

I just don't get it...

Maybe i do need help, fuck.. but exposure therapy? I've been exposed to that shit my whole life... how does that help?

At least when i go outside people aren't throwing spiders in my face although i do always have to swan dive in and out of my house during the summer to avoid the fuckers that are coating my entire porch.

Thankful i don't live in the tropics.
    Last edited by thelastdisciple; 10-04-2014 at 01:41 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Dude, I was arachnophobic, it's curable, go get help.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    @slave2thewage , at my last place my cat brought a few live ones in. I had to use my cat to catch them again, then get it off the cat (pick up cat, shake) into a tuppaware box then get it outside again

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

Me when Tony stirs shit.

It bothered me at first. Now I don't mind the guy and find him funny sometimes.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The thing with Tony is for the most part, if you tell him that something he said was shitty, he is able to acknowledge it, apologize at times, and move on. We have a very similar sense of humor, so I think that I understand what he is going for most of the time. And I don't believe that it is ever to actually offend anyone.

We disagree on shit all the time. But I can't think of one person in my life who I agree with 100% of the time. But that doesn't mean I let our differing opinions impact the rest of our interactions.

Maybe he used to be a huge dick before I came around. I have no idea. But right now, people really tend to overreact to him. And when you overreact, he is going to feed into that. I can think of at least 5 other users here who are bigger assholes.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    At least when i go outside people aren't throwing spiders in my face although i do always have to swan dive in and out of my house during the summer to avoid the fuckers that are coating my entire porch.
    I'm glad I've managed to avoid following any spider-happy people online. Bad enough being exposed to the little eight-legged terrorists in real life.

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    @slave2thewage , at my last place my cat brought a few live ones in. I had to use my cat to catch them again, then get it off the cat (pick up cat, shake) into a tuppaware box then get it outside again
    I spent a whole week one summer evicting chipmunks from my boss's house. (The cats weren't quite a year old yet, and the chipmunks were going through a population boom. Chaos ensued.) I learned firsthand that they pass out under stress, and the cats would lose interest the minute they stopped moving.

Then there was the one that escaped the cats while still outdoors and took an abrupt left turn into the pool. We watched it dog-paddle around for a while before I fished it out with the leaf skimmer (twice) and carried it over to the nearest tree.