Page 82 of 264 FirstFirst ... 32 72 80 81 82 83 84 92 132 182 ... LastLast
Results 2,431 to 2,460 of 7895

Thread: The little things that piss you off

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    (things that piss)

Managers who seem to have set "high priority" in their e-mail broadcasts by default.

OMG I am going to immediately stop my work and pay attention to your high priority e-mail RIGHT NOW... not.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Spitballing off of some other recent comments about children, I hate that some of my friends' facebooks and twitters have become "MY KID DID A TRIVIAL THING TODAY LOL CUTE" or "I AM BITCHING ABOUT A THING MY KID DOES OR DOESN'T DO."
    Listen, I'm following you, not your 4 year old. It must be annoying that he won't go to sleep but YOU HAD THE KID. If you wanted a nice quiet bedtime what you shouldn't have done is have a kid. I understand that's part of your life but it doesn't have to be every update you post.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-26-2014 at 08:33 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Spitballing off of some other recent comments about children, I hate that some of my friends' facebooks and twitters have become "MY KID DID A TRIVIAL THING TODAY LOL CUTE" or "I AM BITCHING ABOUT A THING MY KID DOES OR DOESN'T DO."
    Listen, I'm following you, not your 4 year old. It must be annoying that he won't go to sleep but YOU HAD THE KID. If you wanted a nice quiet bedtime what you shouldn't have done is have a kid. I understand that's part of your life but it doesn't have to be every update you post.
    i was going to say "idunno. i post a lot of stuff about my cats." but cats are way cuter and more interesting than kids. and i say that as someone who wants to have a kid some day.
    that said, most parents are proud of their kids, and i can understand wanting to show that. but the way everyone is so engrained in social media at all times is really the core of the issue.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    My two biggest Facebook gripes are people asking you to get them something for a stupid game like FarmVille and it's written to try and make you feel bad for not wanting to take part, and people sharing those Facebook statuses written like 'only x number of people read my posts so, so I can tell you actually read tell us how we met in one word, then share this pointless post with all your friends'

Rubbish pointless spamming

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    if i could fix myself i'd...
    but it's too late for me!

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Internet Explorer is way more reliable than my brain in public.
    We are the same, we are one.

We are brothers (or siblings, I don't know what gender you are >.<)

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    Internet Explorer is way more reliable than my brain in public.
    That's unfortunately among the things I know all too well, but I also liked the way you put it there. Come to think of it, I like the way you put such things. At least it helps me laugh at them. (Since you know, the ability to laugh stuff off is sometimes actually more important than it looks/is.)
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 11-26-2014 at 04:05 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    My bike's are gone. :/

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Athlete's foot. My toes are itchy.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Being expected to talk to an estranged family member who knowingly allowed their friend to molest me as a young child, then help cover it up. I have nothing I could ever want to say to this person and there's nothing they could say that I want to hear, but without me knowing, it's been set up for me to talk to them.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Being expected to talk to an estranged family member who knowingly allowed their friend to molest me as a young child, then help cover it up. I have nothing I could ever want to say to this person and there's nothing they could say that I want to hear, but without me knowing, it's been set up for me to talk to them.
    Shit. I'm so sorry to hear this.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Charmingly Miserable View Post
    Shit. I'm so sorry to hear this.
    Thanks, I really appreciate it. I'll be alright, but it makes more mad than anything really. I just can't stand when someone thinks they know what's best for someone else and puts them in situations they should be able to choose for themselves.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    This made me sad. I hope you're alright.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    FUCK that and FUCK whoever tried to set that up. Tell them no, and that if you ever feel the need to address it, you will do it on your own timeline.

Forcing someone into something like this will only make it worse.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    FUCK that and FUCK whoever tried to set that up. Tell them no, and that if you ever feel the need to address it, you will do it on your own timeline.

Forcing someone into something like this will only make it worse.
    Seriously, like are you suppose to accept an apology or something? A swift kick and a 'fuck off, I hope you die in a fire' would be all I'd give em. Oh yeah, there is forgiveness somewhere, but I don't know, can't be forced.

@pillifred- bikes stole ?

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    people sharing those Facebook statuses written like 'only x number of people read my posts so, so I can tell you actually read tell us how we met in one word, then share this pointless post with all your friends'
    Rubbish pointless spamming
    THIS.

once i came up with something fairly ironic to post lampooning this and i wish to god i remember what it was.

something like "if you don't repost this you like cancer and want to kill kittens for satan."

it was something along those lines but it was actually pretty goddamn funny

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    It sounds more like the person feels guilty and wants to make themselves feel better, rather than anything to benefit you. That's really shitty, more like a 'big thing' that pisses you off

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    awww no man...fuck that bullshit!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    agghhh fuck!!! So mad that i booked my plane ticket for the wrong day and it costs more to change the flight than to buy a new ticket!! And of course no refunds!!!!!! I double checked that shit so many times how did this happen!!!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Was reading a link on FB about fitting cops with cameras. Much like youtube comments there was some really ignorant shit being said but this fuckwad took the cake. "Chris LastName-Hey, if it facilitates the police to blow away more disgusting thug punks like Mike Brown, I'm all for it." I hope he takes my suggestion and really does drink a gallon bleach.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 12-01-2014 at 06:48 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Ugh. It's going to be raining most of the time I'm in San Francisco.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theruiner View Post
    Ugh. It's going to be raining most of the time I'm in San Francisco.
    Be happy for California.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Saint Louis traffic.
    I work 23 miles from home, I get off at 7:00am and i'm usually home at around 7:35 every morning give or take. Well last night we had some freezing rain so the roads were a little slick, causing literally EVERY MAJOR HIGHWAY IN SAINT LOUIS TO BE SHUT THE FUCK DOWN.

I left work at 7:00am and finally sat down on my couch at home at 10:20am. Mother fucker.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I don't like Reggae. I never have. I don't "get it" and I don't enjoy listening to it or playing it. My band mates used to joke that the only reason I hate it is because I suck at playing it, which is half true; I really don't sound good when I try to play it. It's just not a part of my sound or style. My guitar player, on the other hand, loves Reggae. Bob Marley and the Wailers, Sublime and UB 40 are three of his favorite bands, and he used to play in a Reggae group.

At one of our recent shows, he decided he wanted to play Jammin' by Bob Marley (this was after our I'm Yours/Don't Worry 'Bout A Thing medley, which I absolutely cannot stand playing. I'm Yours literally fills me with physical anger any time I hear it). I'm a professional, so I still try and play as well as I can regardless of my personal feelings of whatever song I'm doing. At one point during the song, he turns around with a huge smile on his face and says "dude, you sound really fucking good!"

And I thought "shit... now there's no reason for him not to want to do more Reggae". >.<

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Usually you have to be a mega pothead to get it. I'm not a fan either, we get it pot and stuff now can we put away the steel drums and do something productive?

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Dominos website. I just want to see your specials and or coupons not register my address for your web service. I know where to get my pizza from i just don't know wtf you have. Also, your lack of a decent mobile option renders you all but useless to me most days.
    Last edited by Pillfred; 12-02-2014 at 06:13 PM. Reason: coffee makes me a maniac sometimes.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Got kicked off of Facebook for the second time in a week over this real name bullshit. I can give them the documentation they need, since I ACTUALLY USE MY FUCKING NAME. Still, frustrating. I use Facebook to a huge degree. Waiting + this whole stupid fucking process sucks.

Also, work, which I love, but I've been gone for 5 days or so due to visiting my sick grandmother and I have a TON on my plate. All of our remote employees (about 30 of em) are in in the city for the week and as the person who does most of the office maintenance/inventory/dishes I'm running around and I have a ton of resume rejections to do and I'll be here til who knows when tonight. It's 9:30pm right nowish.

I also have a bunch of non-day job work to do in the next couple of days AND I'm applying for a higher position at my company after speaking with supervisors AND I misplaced something super valuable earlier and tore my desk apart looking for it (found it) and AAAAH MY BRAIN

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    Got kicked off of Facebook for the second time in a week over this real name bullshit. I can give them the documentation they need, since I ACTUALLY USE MY FUCKING NAME. Still, frustrating. I use Facebook to a huge degree. Waiting + this whole stupid fucking process sucks.
    I thought that they backed off on that?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I know this probably belongs in the Ferguson thread, but I'm going to rant instead about why I hate cable news. What really got me here is that the Rams thing "was the final straw". God forbid some social commentary makes you uncomfortable during your enjoyment of football, Joe. You know what would have happened if Walter Kronkite or Howard Cosell went on a tear about the black Olympians in '68 raising their fists in Mexico? They'd look like hateful old white men, instead of the professionals that they were. Empty fucking suits and nothing more. And it is empty suits like Scarborough and Hannity that make me despair other fellow white males who take their word for gospel, and a big reason why I cut the cable. If even a quarter of my money goes in their pocket because I was dumb enough to get the whole cable package on Comcast, I'd deserve to lose a little sleep over knowing I was being a part of the problem, even if my portion was a dust speck on the dying carcass that's the American dream.

For what it's worth, I'm not saying I'm some expert on the issue of Ferguson or race relations in America currently. I've not followed it as closely as some people I do know, specifically a friend in St. Louis who has attended some of the protests. I guess I'm just pissed off at the state of television news now. It's mostly sound and fury signifying nothing, though I'll admit it's not all empty suits but it seems like they are the majority. To me anyway.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 12-03-2014 at 10:42 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Facts are irrelevant in the minds of modern protesters, so chicken hawks like Sharpton swoop in with hate and regurgitate willful ignorance into their mouth. Race is only an issue in the minds of those who can't let go of the past, whereas the majority of Americans imo have moved on. I hate, HATE, people like Sharpton and Holder who make a living feeding the stupidity of low info voters with lies about the injustices of their plight. lol, voters? Yeah right, like they've ever voted a day in their pathetic lives.