Page 28 of 110 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28 29 30 38 78 ... LastLast

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Oh good. For a moment there I wondered to what extent he had lost his mind.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    VIP packages on-sale Dec. 5 at 10 am (PST) http://cinquanta.frontgatetickets.com It is being billed as Maynard's 50th birthday party.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    all the various bands have tweeted about it as well, so it's definitely confirmed.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    VIP packages on-sale Dec. 5 at 10 am (PST) http://cinquanta.frontgatetickets.com It is being billed as Maynard's 50th birthday party.
    I always forget how old Maynard is.

I think some switch flipped in him sometime in the last 10 years ago. He seems far more mellow in tone but determined to do everything he can with his life. Perhaps the feeling of mortality set in.

But, his Puscifer motto seems to be driving him. The idea that "life is too short not to be creating something with every breath."

It seems like he's got four burners running. Tool, Puscifer, wine, and (from what Billy's said) A Perfect Circle is a continuing project.

Sorry, just musings from someone who's followed these bands so closely for, god, what? A decade and a half?

Also, I'm kinda disappointed this is the big news. I can never make these shows.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

One week delay on the box set. Nice.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    One week delay on the box set. Nice.
    Yep just got the same email. At least now I don't feel like my decision to drop the additional $27 on the digital download was THAT big of a waste :/

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Quote Originally Posted by jaimie View Post
    Yep just got the same email. At least now I don't feel like my decision to drop the additional $27 on the digital download was THAT big of a waste :/
    I was hoping we would get a digital copy just to compensate for the delay. Oh well.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    lol at the "congratulations" part.

Dear Ryan,

Congratulations, we will soon be shipping your highly limited edition of A Perfect Circle Live: Featuring Stone and Echo. Given the complexity of manufacturing this limited edition offer we will now begin shipping on December 12th. You will receive an email notification once your order has shipped. We apologize for this one week delay and appreciate your understanding.

Total Box Music

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: A Perfect Circle

So now that it's been delayed has anyone stripped the DRM from that iTunes video? I'm very annoyed that it will now come while I'm out of town for two weeks. Annoying.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    I was hoping we would get a digital copy just to compensate for the delay. Oh well.
    It makes me sad to say this but I think if they were a band that was truly invested in their fan base they would have done that. Better yet, they would have anticipated shipping the box sets prior to the digital releases all along.

I could be wrong but I don't think they even consider these things as issues because at the end of the day as long as the money is still coming in that's the main priority.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

It makes me sad to say this but I think if they were a band that was truly invested in their fan base they would have done that. Better yet, they would have anticipated shipping the box sets prior to the digital releases all along.

I could be wrong but I don't think they even consider these things as issues because at the end of the day as long as the money is still coming in that's the main priority.
    I agree it's shitty that they're delayed and stuff and especially that they didn't give you a digital DL. But I will say that I think the digital release was probably an afterthought and they were primarily focused on the physical release. I don't think it's a case of them not caring so much as everything falling apart because the band is handling its own logistics.

The Puscifer release is running into the exact same issues and it's a much less ambitious undertaking than the APC set.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    It's annoying that we officially got a two (2) day notice of all this. I wish I would have known about this a while ago so I could have situated my finances. I also wish I knew what the "signed merchandise" was. Is it signed by all three bands? Is it a poster? CDs? I wish I knew how much this costs!

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Trent better do that for his 50th.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    It's annoying that we officially got a two (2) day notice of all this. I wish I would have known about this a while ago so I could have situated my finances. I also wish I knew what the "signed merchandise" was. Is it signed by all three bands? Is it a poster? CDs? I wish I knew how much this costs!
    $250. They accidentally put them on sale earlier and a friend got one.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Stone and Echo (audio) is absolutely fantastic. I love everything about it, except it doesn't feature Judith. Trifecta is cool, but I prefer the sound of S&E overall.

I'm calling it : it's my album of the year, and the best live album I've heard. I love Maynard. And no I have never seen Maynard live yet...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Stone and Echo (audio) is absolutely fantastic. I love everything about it, except it doesn't feature Judith. Trifecta is cool, but I prefer the sound of S&E overall.

I'm calling it : it's my album of the year, and the best live album I've heard. I love Maynard. And no I have never seen Maynard live yet...
    So he releases live APC and PussyFur but never Tool. Y U DO DIS?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

I do feel bad for MayMay on MDN Live. He seems extremely pissed that he's sick. And he's very obviously sick. The MDN songs have to be the most challenging and he's sick.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    So he releases live APC and PussyFur but never Tool. Y U DO DIS?
    He's not the only one calling the shots in APC and Tool.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just in case you haven't already, if you want to legally purchase the Diary of a Lovesong without the whole album (its set to 'album only' on the itunes store UK) you can get it off Amazon mp3. I done did that, and its great, although band natter should be skippable..
    Also.. y no love for the EU *sadface* I think the last time APC played here was 2003, not sure if Pucifer has even done a show...

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    ^^
    Even Tool didn't play a single show in Europe since 2007, despite doing several tours in NA and Down Under since then.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Maynad James Keenan interview by Andrew Youssef. They talk about wine, and the new APC and Puscifer live records. Nothing new to report, but I believe this was one of Andrew's last interview's before he passed away, as it mentioned the facetime moment with Trent. So he must have did this interview before he passed away. Worth a read anyway.

http://www.purevolume.com/news/Mayna...ircle-Puscifer

EDIT: Also, I'm probably gonna have to attend this Maynard 50th B-day bash event in LA. Looks too cool to pass up! The VIP tickets, meh... That's a little extreme, i'll probably just buy the regular ticketmaster ones.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 12-04-2013 at 02:10 PM.

jaimie Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Trent better do that for his 50th.

LOLOLOLOLOL
    Last edited by jaimie; 12-05-2013 at 05:55 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    UPDATE: Well, no Maynard's Birthday for me... Ticketmaster fucked me hard. All you need to google is "ticketmaster forbidden" or "I've been blocked from Ticketmaster" to find out what happened.

But, the long and short of it is, after refreshing for an hour trying to get a decent pair of tickets, entering the bullshit codes over and over again and... i'm blocked.
    They apparently do this to people who they think are trying to scalp or scam the system. Wonder-fucking-ful!

Some people online claim it's only a 24 hr ban, but others say they have been waiting 3 weeks for the ban to be lifted and they're still blocked... so this is not good, not good at all.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

LOLOLOLOLOL
    Exotic Birds hahahaha

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Sounds like Maynard plans to make it a two day bash by adding a second date on May 11th.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Questions like that make me cringe. Trent gives great interviews with people who ask him thoughtful questions, and an AMA could be a great place to learn some really interesting things. Then people fill it up with shit like this and "hey remember me I met you and you weren't a jerk", and the responses Trent was giving made me think he's not likely to consider doing anything like that again.

Back to APC...I wish I could make that L.A. show. But it's way too far out to book; hopefully in May I'll be on tour with someone else and I don't want to deal with having a ticket to resell. Someone better crotch a decent recorder at that show!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

A Perfect Circle

Unrelated, but I think it's ironic that so many fans like "Peace Love and Understanding" but criticize the "People Are People" cover for sounding silly just 4 tracks later. Kinda makes the point of the "PLaU" cover.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

VIP for night 2 go on sale in 4 minutes.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I gave in and bought tickets for both nights. I figured it's probably going to be the only APC dates in the States (or in my area) for the year. Same section, different row. Lucky me.

On the plus side, I get to see Failure twice!