Page 40 of 110 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    My least favorite part of Stone And Echo? When Maynard purposely jokes, only not at all funny, just killing the conclusion, on the end of "Passive."

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    My least favorite part of Stone And Echo? When Maynard purposely jokes, only not at all funny, just killing the conclusion, on the end of "Passive."
    What joke?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    "Please pass the pretzels" instead of "passive aggressive bullshit." It's just dumb and kills the momentum that song builds up. Is he referencing Seinfeld?
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-13-2015 at 06:55 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I believe they were passing around a bag a pretzels during the show.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    That's right.

And also, the stupid remix version of 3 Libras being played. They should have made an exception and done the LP version to make the set properly complete.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    "Does anyone want some of my salty nuts?"

^^^ That's what he was saying during the Puscifer show at St. Paul festival I was at a couple years ago. They were throwing out airplane sized silver bags of..... apparently salty nuts.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So uh have these guys bothered to release music since reforming in 2010? Maybe since By and Down?

Nope? Guess not.

*leaves thread*

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Received the "light edition" of the live boxset yesterday, got it for $68 (someone put it on e b a y for 25 so i didn't really regret adding 43 for postage)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    ha I forgot that I own the signed box set. That was so annoying with the frames snapping etc

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry to bump.....but there is an upcoming AMA with Billy. I sure as hell would like to know what's up with Ashes Divide.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/news/..._anything.html

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    NM, wrong thread.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    NM, wrong thread.
    NM, quoted in wrong thread.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Are you still 100% invested in APC, will we see some new material?

I'm 100% invested in it. But it's a band and I don't control that ship. Maynard has a lot of other ventures. You can see where his passion lies. He's got Puscifer, which I think he focuses most of his attention on, and his wine. Also Tool is working on some new stuff, so that should be great. So if someday he becomes interested, I will be there 100%.

Will we see another Ashes Divide album anytime soon?

Yes, that's something else I've been working on. Over last summer, I did some writing and revisiting and reworking and putting some songs into different folders. Some of the songs I had originally written for Ashes Divide have gone out to different projects. I wrote the bulk of a new record last August. I just started working with a singer and I just tracked with her last week. We're still trying to see where we're going to go with it. But yeah, I definitely plan on putting out a record. I've been a broken record myself saying that a new record is going to come out. When it's finished, that's when it's coming out. It's very different than anything I've ever done in an exciting way, to me. It's much more atmospheric and synthetic. When I listen back to the first couple versions of the first record, the new material sounds much more in line with that. It's interesting, I'm glad I made the record I did and I'm very proud of "Keep Telling Myself It's Alright." But this record is a little more in the spirit of where Ashes Divide was going to be in the first place. It's like a prequel.
    http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/inter...f_my_life.html

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    A prequel, that sounds pretty cool.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    What "different projects" is he referring to?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    From Billy's Instagram:

https://instagram.com/p/0oHebdzAX8/

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    *has an erection*

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    While the thread is bumped, I'll just mention that I've listened closely to live tracks from Three Sixty 2CD version, and decided that only People Are People came from Stone & Echo (live at Red Rocks), while the other three songs (3 Libras Remix, Gravity and Fiddle) are all from Trifecta live albums. If anyone wondered.
    Last edited by fillow; 03-25-2015 at 01:48 PM.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    "Should we give Stone and Echo a mass physical release?"

"Oh, yes. I rather like money."

"How, pray tell, is the new TOOL coming along?"

"Ha ha ha. Oh, you're such a card. We have fun, don't we?"

"Oh yes, quite."

*Both put on stovepipe hats and light cigars with flaming $100 bills*

But in all seriousness, I picked up AMotion like a year ago and never bothered with the remix CD until now. Paz's Constantly Consuming"version of the hollow is lovely.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Oh fuck off.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Oh fuck off.
    Well put good sir.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Billy talks to this guy for 2 hours: http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/eddi...?autoplay=true

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    So I had MANY roadtrips with my gf recently and A Perfect Circle came up a few times.

Which leads me to my question here.

Does anyone have a recording of the Chicago show A Perfect Circle performed at the Aragon Ballroom back in 2001?

There was a CRAZYAWESOME moment when the entire band faked-out the audience mid-song and had us singing AT THE TOPS OF OUR LUNGS to the chorus of one particular song as they COMPLETELY stopped playing, which I could SWEAR was "Thinking of You" after its breakdown 3/4ths of the way through.

I'd fucking LOVE for her to finally hear that since it's one of her favorite APC songs and since it was SO fucking epic.

Any corrections or similar performances from different shows would be welcome, btw!

Anyone???

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hazekiah View Post
    So I had MANY roadtrips with my gf recently and A Perfect Circle came up a few times.

Which leads me to my question here.

Does anyone have a recording of the Chicago show A Perfect Circle performed at the Aragon Ballroom back in 2001?

There was a CRAZYAWESOME moment when the entire band faked-out the audience mid-song and had us singing AT THE TOPS OF OUR LUNGS to the chorus of one particular song as they COMPLETELY stopped playing, which I could SWEAR was "Thinking of You" after its breakdown 3/4ths of the way through.

I'd fucking LOVE for her to finally hear that since it's one of her favorite APC songs and since it was SO fucking epic.

Any corrections or similar performances from different shows would be welcome, btw!

Anyone???
    You might want to get into contact with the owner of this site: http://www.apcdriveproject.com/

He might be able to point you to the right direction.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    If we're digging up old shit here... I used to have a picture of Billy and Maynard signing the APC record contract. It was at some party and I'm pretty sure the picture was black and white. Maynard had black nail polish on I think. I completely forgot where I found it, but I wish I could dig it back up.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    If we're digging up old shit here... I used to have a picture of Billy and Maynard signing the APC record contract. It was at some party and I'm pretty sure the picture was black and white. Maynard had black nail polish on I think. I completely forgot where I found it, but I wish I could dig it back up.
    I remember that picture. Man that was a long time ago.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Never saw this video:

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    That's an awesome find, thanks man.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    My understanding is this footage is on the APC drive. I wonder what other gems are on there.