Page 44 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34 42 43 44 45 46 54 94 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 3283

Thread: A Perfect Circle

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    Billy commented on his status.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeiiiiiiit. Yeah, definitely a bit of a downer. Was the news we should be expecting though.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I never really had a problem with Friedl until people here complained about him. He's still okay just a vastly less nuanced and deliberate style than Josh.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcspiral View Post
    Freese is an "official" member of Sublime w/ Rome now.
    seriously??? how can he go from apc/nin this anything like this band? i feel like it's a waste of his talent, he such an amazing drummer, apc needs him.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    seriously??? how can he go from apc/nin this anything like this band? .
    It pays the billz, yo. Can't really fault him for that, especially considering NIN and APC hasn't done too much touring recently.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    It pays the billz, yo. Can't really fault him for that, especially considering NIN and APC hasn't done too much touring recently.
    Also to add, Josh has 4 young kids so I am sure that plays a huge factor on him on whether or not to do a long grueling tour.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    that may very well be true, it also says money trumps integrity, which is of course quite common but always sad to realize. then again he may be a fan of sublime, with or without whoever sings, just seems odd. I'm sure there are plenty other bands he would fit better in.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    He's a session drummer, it's how he makes his money. He's been involved with studio acts that are more embarrassing than Sublime. Honestly who cares? It's not a case of Trent joining One Direction or something like that.

I think it would be interesting to learn what happened behind the scenes with him and APC however. Seemed to sour a bit since all we got was him having to tour with Weezer, leaving APC for good with a simple tweet or whatever. Josh always seemed like a happy go lucky dude and just seemed it was a bit bitter of a split.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I think it would be interesting to learn what happened behind the scenes with him and APC however. Seemed to sour a bit since all we got was him having to tour with Weezer, leaving APC for good with a simple tweet or whatever. Josh always seemed like a happy go lucky dude and just seemed it was a bit bitter of a split.
    I think it was the I'd Hit That podcast where he said something along the lines of: things had run their course overall and he wasn't happy with what was going on at the end of the last era. No specifics though, but an example of him explicitly stating that there were problems (probably not personal, because it's Josh). It's about a 3 hour episode, and worth a listen even if not trying to find the part... Hope I'm correct for those looking. Further goes on about sessions where he found out after the fact who the shitty band was that he just recorded tracks for, etc.
    Last edited by blassster; 11-24-2016 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I don't think there are any hard feelings between Josh and APC. In fact, I can't even imagine it being possible between John and anyone at all.

re: Jeff Friedl.
    Never had a problem with his drumming, he does really good both in Puscifer and APC, judging from the respective live albums (What Is.. and Stone & Echo). I think I would even tell the difference between him and Josh if I didn't know beforehand.
    People are just sad because Josh is so much fun to watch and probably hand around too.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Every time someone brings him up I still hear his name in my head as digitized in the Meathead cartoons. [[JOSH FREESE]]

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I don't think there are any hard feelings between Josh and APC.
    I'm posting about this pic of Billy, Paz and Josh again, because I love it so much.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BFFQEv7qE9k/

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I honestly think Friedl is just a little less nuanced and finessed than Freese. He's more direct. That's okay but some songs sound a little different. I don't mind much.

IIRC, Josh played on an Avril Lavigne album or two. So, yeah, he's a session drummer. He plays for money in whatever band hires him.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gerbil View Post
    IIRC, Josh played on an Avril Lavigne album or two. So, yeah, he's a session drummer. He plays for money in whatever band hires him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    Every time someone brings him up I still hear his name in my head as digitized in the Meathead cartoons. [[JOSH FREESE]]
    Fun fact: Josh Freese has played drums on every record that was ever made, and many that weren't.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
    Fun fact: Josh Freese has played drums on every record that was ever made, and many that weren't.
    I played a festival in upstate NY and a local artist named Sarah Fimm performed earlier on the tent stage where I would be performing. She did a solo piano set and was there to promote her latest album. We got to talking after her set and I discovered Josh Freese did some drumming on her new album as well as Brian Viglione. She put on a damn good performance with just her and her piano.
    https://www.discogs.com/Sarah-Fimm-N...elease/3916104

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    The fuck would they only print it on cassette? In 2000? And where's this other source from? Somebody call this goddamn company.
    I have no idea, I got it from a girlfriend literally 15 years ago. She found it at a local record store in Bloomington/Normal. This was the tail-end of when you could still buy bootlegs, ROiO's, whatever you want to call them. (I know they've made a comeback in the past few years).

I never noticed much of the dynamics, being as I had a cassette copy and was not into audiophile territory at that point.

No clue that an "original" of this was so rare...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    I played a festival in upstate NY and a local artist named Sarah Fimm performed earlier on the tent stage where I would be performing. She did a solo piano set and was there to promote her latest album. We got to talking after her set and I discovered Josh Freese did some drumming on her new album as well as Brian Viglione. She put on a damn good performance with just her and her piano.
    https://www.discogs.com/Sarah-Fimm-N...elease/3916104
    Sarah Fimm is pretty fantastic. I've been a fan of her's for awhile.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    God fucking damn it I'm too hyped already.

Once I made the connection between two onion slices just sitting near each other on the plate I had to make it proper.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    More Paz + Josh throwback

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF9848azVhh/

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Once I made the connection between two onion slices just sitting near each other on the plate I had to make it proper.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CyIU11_VEAAUZVx.jpg
    That is too fucking good. I remember my first thread/post on The Hierophant (MansonUSA) (the forum from which I eventually discovered ETS,) in 2007 when I was 15, consisted of a picture I took of a piece of white bread with the swirly heart logo from Eat Me, Drink Me drawn in mustard. I thought it was so hilarious and awesome in like a dumb, sarcastic, tongue in cheek kinda way. Well, nobody else found it funny and I was torn apart like a huge idiot. I deserved it. But man, that brings me back haha.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Bah, nothing wrong with having a little fun with your food out of love for your band of choice; I say this with confidence as a grown-ass man.

Never understood the need to take all discussion quite so seriously. I do remember the Heirophant forum as having a fair amount of members with sticks up their asses. Maybe people thought that reflected poorly on the band or forum's "intellectual image" (the band in question meanwhile having a video release where Jeordie picked up feces on a fork, put the handle in his mouth and ran after Manson with it).

It's all harmless fun as long as the entire discussion isn't derailed into making logos out of things as opposed to actual conversation. Please pass the pretzels.

So: Actual discussion then:

Who hopes for more along the lines of By and Down? I do, because holy fuck, I love that song.
    Last edited by Shadaloo; 11-25-2016 at 03:26 PM.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

Mer de NOM NOM

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That photo's color scheme of orange and green makes me think to Thirteenth Step as well. Bravo!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Remember to get royalties if they end up using your dinner plate for an album cover. And I have a sudden appetite for Chinese.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    sudden appetite for Chinese.
    Out of nowhere, sharp chills run down the spines of Josh Freese and Robin Finck.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    That photo's color scheme of orange and green makes me think to Thirteenth Step as well. Bravo!

What the hell was with the slug on the album art, anyway? What's that got to do with addiction recovery?

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by seasonsinthesky View Post
    What the hell was with the slug on the album art, anyway? What's that got to do with addiction recovery?
    Some (all?) species of slug are capable of Conditioned Taste Aversion

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I hope that the new tour will not distract James Iha from a supposed TSP reunion...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I hope that the new tour will not distract James Iha from a supposed TSP reunion...
    If there's one band I can say I am so done with its Smashing Pumpkins.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    As much as I love James in APC...I know where I'd want him to be. Get Troy or Danny back.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Never understood the need to take all discussion quite so seriously. I do remember the Heirophant forum as having a fair amount of members with sticks up their asses. Maybe people thought that reflected poorly on the band or forum's "intellectual image" (the band in question meanwhile having a video release where Jeordie picked up feces on a fork, put the handle in his mouth and ran after Manson with it).
    That place was full of wankers, I had one of the highest rep ratings (remember that?) On there, which I found very funny as I hated 99% of them

There was good people and stuff on there but wow so much pomposity! And when you think about it....why?!

Anyway glad to hear APC is back, never got to see them live. Very curious as to what the line-up will be