Page 16 of 48 FirstFirst ... 6 14 15 16 17 18 26 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Really wish they would allow you to play this via mobile device. That's the only reason I am trying to rip it. Ripping has been a very limited success. I have a few tracks. Going to just record line audio pretty damn soon (source is 128kbs quality).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I love this LP so far, after only 2 listens.

Highlights include:

Strings and Attractors- sooo sexy. I hope this is the next single
    Too Late, All Gone- another badass poppy track, reminds of much more refined and clearer version of BBB. It showcases HTDA at their best.
    Welcome Oblivion- great vibe, love the way the chorus hits
    We Fade Away- love the way this one builds and settles
    Also, The Wake Up is one of the better intro tracks Trent has ever done, and Hallowed Ground is a really beautiful closer
    Only track that I don't necessarily like is Recursive Self-Improvment.

and I still love Ice Age, How Long? and On The Wing, too.
    kinda weird that of all these great tracks, Keep It Together was chosen as the lead single...
    Last edited by Collin; 02-21-2013 at 12:58 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry for no-mirrorish thing, i've got one of a hell slow connection here, here are 4 steps that will lead you to final captcha: 1. http://i.imgur.com/0P72ACn.png 2. http://i.imgur.com/Hu3UBnZ.png 3. http://i.imgur.com/hepd4Pu.png 4. http://i.imgur.com/iUa6iHN.png

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    you guys are going to get a rare form of Russian computer AIDS with that shit

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    working on it...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Strings and attractors......WOW

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I use that Russian site all the time. It's fine, just slow.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    well, I guess I'll throw in my two cents and agree that the album is pretty awesome

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Holy shit. This album is awesome. Hit me way harder than An omen did.

I love how long all the tracks are, too. Too Late, All Gone might be my favorite of the new tracks so far, though the title track is close behind. Maybe now people will stop saying Q can't sing beyond a whisper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah, I'm honestly blown away, I didn't have any real expectations so I'm enjoying the hell out of it. The Loop Closes is still one of my favorites.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kbo View Post
    Ok...so the white cd has the bonus tracks though?? Or just the actual vinyl record?
    White label CD comes in a slip case with the entire vinyl album including bonus tracks according to Rob

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i'm sorry - another russian's site: PM me for the link
    Last edited by Q-NeilL; 02-19-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Reminds me, I preordered the CD, vinyl, and a t-shirt earlier. I'm a little disappointed in the t-shirt selection, but I snagged one anyway.

68 dollars. Hurts so good.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    This band is really starting to find its voice on this record, but they're entering a very harsh world, and it's one that already has Trent Reznor's previous work ingrained into its perspective. It's a fragile position to be in because it feels like he is finally moving forward again with this album. HDA takes abstract and minimal electronic music towards pop in the same way that Pretty Hate Machine took industrial towards pop. Purists of all stripes will likely hate it for the same reasons that many others will be drawn in. A pop version of Autechre (amongst others) with a female singer? Sign me up. I hope they weather the storm.
    Last edited by Magtig; 02-19-2013 at 01:21 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I’m wondering if the white label cd will be 75 or 80 mins long because I think this ablum clocks a lil over 70 minutes. So the two other tracks are either pretty short or the white label is longer than 75 minutes.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I have Amazon Prime so I went ahead and just ordered the vinyl from them to avoid the shipping costs. Really hoping the white label cd still comes with it.

But in terms of the album quality, not to go into great detail with saying the same stuff everyone else has said already, I'll just say it's well worth the 3 year wait for THIS album, and the 5 year wait for a non-soundtrack album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alpha 60 View Post
    I’m wondering if the white label cd will be 75 or 80 mins long because I think this ablum clocks a lil over 70 minutes. So the two other tracks are either pretty short or the white label is longer than 75 minutes.
    I thought of this too, but after putting the album into Itunes it ends up coming out to 67 Min. and If I remember correctly CD's can fit roughly 80, so theres about 12-13 min of wiggle room for those two tracks.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Am I the only one still annoyed they haven't released the tour dates yet, need to know if I'm going to see this band in the foreseeable future or not. And I haven't listened to the album yet, waiting til later tonight when I have a free hour or so, but I'm sure its great

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    it was suggested (and i began to hope) it would work better in album, but The_ Loop_ Closes_ still sticks out like a sore thumb_™
    other than that, an amzaing record. almost as good as Conditions of my parole by Puscifer
    now even stronger hoping for a local CD release because importing sucks big time lately

--edit--
    oh levels of xenophobia here today
    --end of edit--
    Last edited by BenAkenobi; 02-19-2013 at 01:31 PM. Reason: hmmmm

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I won't even bother listening to the stream, so I went straight ahead and downloaded a rip (on a non-russian site, though). Only problem is, all the songs kinda skip at the beginning. Fixed it by setting the starting time to 0:04, but that's no long term-solution until the release of this awesome fucker...

Which is a long way of saying: Please pm me, too, if you'd be so kind.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    can't even get the album to stream via pitchfork on firefox... so if there's something to listen to in a private message, i would be most grateful!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The copy I have has that dumb skipping at the beginning, too. I substituted in the legit copies of And the sky... and How long? to avoid it, and did what you did for the others. I can't wait for the high-quality downloads to drop into my inbox on March 5.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Wasn't incredibly anticipating this release but I did preorder the vinyl this morning. Now coming in to this thread, my excitement levels have increased ten fold. I can't listen to the stream at work, but I did finally hear And the Sky Began to Scream and god damn that was tasty.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    As much as I've always wanted to learn, I don't speak Russian. So ... little help?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Highlights include everything that wasn't on the EP. Though I like the flow now and hearing the whole picture of all the songs intertwined.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The Russian rip I have has the beginning skips as well. If anyone could please PM a link to a rip that doesnt have skips I'd love you forever.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yes, I would also love a rip that doesn't skip at the beginning

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Errrrrrrrrr... did you guys see that the Pitchfork-Stream is full of hidden .mp4s?

Edit:
    On closer inspetion, they seem to be snippets from Ice Age & The Loop Closes-videos. Superficial inspection revelead no ARG-clous, though....
    Last edited by Henrie_Schnee; 02-19-2013 at 02:02 PM.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    No. Enlighten us.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Henrie_Schnee View Post
    Errrrrrrrrr... did you guys see that the Pitchfork-Stream is full of hidden .mp4s?
    Tell me more

Hi all btw. After one listen I really enjoyed the album! Already spent rest of my money for the vinyl preorder. I'd rather eat the vinyl than food