Page 24 of 47 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Damn, that's a bummer. Thanks for helping clear things up, thelastdisciple!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just a heads up to anyone else like me who may have order via Amazon, just got an email saying we won't see our vinyls until March 19th. BOOOOOOO.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just a heads up to anyone else like me who may have order via Amazon, just got an email saying we won't see our vinyls until March 19th. BOOOOOOO.
    Another good reason to get it from htda's site - you'll probably get it first.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    With my Prime account it was worth it to avoid shipping, though. Kind of a win/lose I suppose.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Wheee. Kevin sure sounds fun to work with!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Wheee. Kevin sure sounds fun to work with!
    He went on to call them flakes for not using his music. Ah well, we got Ally instead :P

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

I got the same email and it indicated a change in release date.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kind of let down that 'sandro is listed just as himself, not as Sonoio or Blindoldfreak

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Consider it paying extra to get your lossless/high quality MP3 download on the day, plus more $ to the band

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Consider it paying extra to get your lossless/high quality MP3 download on the day, plus more $ to the band
    I ordered the CD off of Amazon last night, having forgotten that you don't get the download... If I had remembered I would have given it more thought first but still would have gone with Amazon. With shipping it was $20 (USD) off of the HTDA site, $15.32 (CDN) from Amazon.ca (free shipping).

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warped_Savant View Post
    $15.32 (CDN) from Amazon.ca (free shipping).
    I can't believe it's cheaper to get it off the internet than going in to grab it at HMV, it's freaking $19.99! how is that justified. Arghh........

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastdisciple View Post
    I can't believe it's cheaper to get it off the internet than going in to grab it at HMV, it's freaking $19.99! how is that justified. Arghh........
    They corrected the price finally!

It is now 12.99 for the CD vers. at HMV not 20 dollars anymore, thank fuck.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    True. I keep telling myself it's not too big of a loss though because I know I would just end up replacing the MP3 downloads with the vinyl version of the album. Plus I'm about to drop asinine amounts of cash on tickets this Wednesday.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    wtf

And it's only $9.99 at Amazon.com. Also, the amazon.ca vinyl price is ridiculous ($53.77)

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    wtf

And it's only $9.99 at Amazon.com. Also, the amazon.ca vinyl price is ridiculous ($53.77)
    Yeah i know! and even a similar thing again with the HMV vinyl!

so amazon.com = $26.70, amazon.ca = $53.77 and hmv.ca (whether in store or otherwise) = $64.99
    WHAT THE FUCK!!!!!!!!!

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    #recordlabels

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Wait, none of the vinyls will be shipping out until March 19? Is that what you guys meant on the last page?

Damn. I think that's going to delay my entire package.

EDIT: https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...87472190337024

Hm.
    Last edited by gorast; 02-23-2013 at 12:52 PM. Reason: HTDA vinyl shit

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Loving this - particularly ATSBTS, Strings & Attractors, Too Late. After not liking it at first, How Long has grown on me too. It seems quite 80s to me (which to me is a good thing) Recursive Self Improvement reminds me of the b-side to a Duran Duran single called 'faith in this colour' where the vocals were warped and hidden behind effects, it's getting some flak but I really like it

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Recursive Self Improvement reminds me of the b-side to a Duran Duran single called 'faith in this colour' where the vocals were warped and hidden behind effects, it's getting some flak but I really like it
    Good shout, that's spot on, hadn't made that connection! Still see similarities with Simple Minds circa 83 too.

Have also just realised that Too Late, All Gone, is Me, I'm Not re-tooled...that's a good thing btw...
    Last edited by simonn; 02-24-2013 at 04:55 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Rob Sheridan's customer support is 50 times better than people who's actual jobs are Customer Support. Dude is always on top of thing.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I already pre ordered the vinyl, but could someone please PM me a link to full album download? Thanks!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Rob Sheridan's customer support is 50 times better than people who's actual jobs are Customer Support. Dude is always on top of thing.
    I'm trying to figure out what is the day to day of Rob. I hope it's not waiting around Trent.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Has the version with the bonus tracks leaked out yet?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Has the version with the bonus tracks leaked out yet?
    That won't leak until someone physically is holding the vinyl. So don't get your hopes up until around March 5th.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No offense to Trent and crew, but I generally don't pre-order from the official websites. I've just been burned one too many times on physical orders, though everything I've heard otherwise regarding their service has been excellent. Anyway, there is a good indie shop near my home that always gets the vinyl, and that's what I want so I'll be there on March 5th.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Nooooo! That's disappointing. I suppose that's what downloads the day of release are for. I still haven't listened to the album: the Pitchfork stream has gaps between tracks, right? If so, I'd rather just wait a bit more. The visuals are kickass, though! Especially that blinking eye. The Pitchfork Advance format definitely seems appropriate for HTDA in particular. I don't think I've seen any other albums they've streamed utilize looped motion graphics.

I'm just hoping this manufacturing error doesn't turn into another Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition fiasco - not saying that the wait wasn't worth it for that, but it was pretty brutal.
    Last edited by Deadpool; 02-24-2013 at 12:37 AM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deadpool View Post
    Nooooo! That's disappointing. I suppose that's what downloads the day of release are for. I still haven't listened to the album: the Pitchfork stream has gaps between tracks, right? If so, I'd rather just wait a bit more. The visuals are kickass, though! Especially that blinking eye. The Pitchfork Advance format definitely seems appropriate for HTDA in particular. I don't think I've seen any other albums they've streamed utilize looped motion graphics.

I'm just hoping this manufacturing error doesn't turn into another Dragon Tattoo deluxe edition fiasco - not saying that the wait wasn't worth it for that, but it was pretty brutal.
    The impression I got from that disaster was that it wasn't necessarily worth the wait - persistent manufacturing errors, warped vinyls, etc. But whatever.

I'm annoyed because my CD and Black Mirror t-shirt are lumped into the same order as the vinyl and that means they'll probably all be delayed.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Damn it. I wonder what the error was.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    has this leaked for a download anywhere?