Page 29 of 48 FirstFirst ... 19 27 28 29 30 31 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Sigil 04_: Welcome oblivion

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by howdidislipinto View Post
    According to the HTDA Facebook post today, Apple Lossless WILL be an option, which makes me happy in the ear-pants. (I'm a simple iTunes guy, I like my CD quality music but don't know what the fuck to do with FLAC files.)
    What to do? Why, convert them to Apple Lossless of course. It's easy if you try xoxo

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Band are doing an AMA on Reddit tomorrow

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    I really hate reddit a lot. But of course I'll ask questions.

Who do we think will be answering? All 4, just Q, Q and Trent?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    I really hate reddit a lot. But of course I'll ask questions.

Who do we think will be answering? All 4, just Q, Q and Trent?
    Q and Trent, dictating the answers for Rob to type up.

EDIT: Album downloads are up, these file sizes seem kind of ridiculous, though. At least you can download all three formats at the same time.
    Last edited by gorast; 03-04-2013 at 11:03 PM.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    So what percentage of questions in the HTDA AMA will actually be about HTDA?

$10 says there will be one tapeworm question.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I reckon it will be "Trent when's the NIN tour doing American shows" "Trent [insert slur about Mariqueen]" and "Rob I've done this artwork can you take a look".

And about 3 questions about HTDA that will be interesting and intelligent, all of which will be downvoted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

It's OUT...and Downloads

Very excited for this to finally be out. Preordered the vinyl from amazon, then decided to cancel that due to the mfr issue and reorder thru the HTDA site. Just discovered that the digital download you get when you preorder the vinyl is the 13 tracks of the normal cd, not the 15 tracks that are on the vinyl/white label. A little disappointed by that as I was itching to experience the album as a 15 track whole, but oh well.

Commence the listening!!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Okay, I've been lurking ETS for a handful of years now, and was content to do only that until this very evening. Most unfortunately, the reason I am speaking to you tonight is that the HTDA store cart/checkout process has put me somewhere between pissed and livid. If it's not logging me out when I attempt to "proceed to checkout", it's simply ignoring the command and putting me right back into the cart, like some kind of... closed loop. After about an hour, I passed the impassable and was ready to input payment information, when I noticed that my new best friend the cart is taking the liberty of trying to save me a dollar by making sure that every time I try to order the disc+download, I end up with only the download order. Perhaps the store reflects TR's new tech sensibilities and thinks that optical is a dead medium. Anyway, I gave up to come by here and see if anyone else is having issues, or maybe even have some sage advice. Thanks, folks.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Today on sheepdean has a Reddit grudge:

I reckon it will be "Trent when's the NIN tour doing American shows" "Trent [insert slur about Mariqueen]" and "Rob I've done this artwork can you take a look".

And about 3 questions about HTDA that will be interesting and intelligent, all of which will be downvoted.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tyrannus View Post
    Very excited for this to finally be out. Preordered the vinyl from amazon, then decided to cancel that due to the mfr issue and reorder thru the HTDA site. Just discovered that the digital download you get when you preorder the vinyl is the 13 tracks of the normal cd, not the 15 tracks that are on the vinyl/white label. A little disappointed by that as I was itching to experience the album as a 15 track whole, but oh well.

Commence the listening!!
    Yep I actually ignored the streams etc and pre ordered from HTDA store hoping for the 15 track digital download.
    Oh well indeed, guess will have to wait a bit longer for the full album experience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Haha, did anyone else already notice that the artwork in the mp3 version is kind of animating? Every track's artwork is different.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konkelo View Post
    Haha, did anyone else already notice that the artwork in the mp3 version is kind of animating? Every track's artwork is different.
    Anyone feel like extracting them all? I feel like making a gif :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    WO (or is it WO_? Wo_? Who's got the updated abbreviation protocol memo?!) is on Xbox Music. I have an informed feeling that I might be the only one currently here that has, or cares to have, that information. Inb4 M$.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Odd spotting - the Tablet wallpapers in the mp3 download list the image author as Neven Mrgan. Might just be a copy/past accident, as he's not mentioned elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by ComradeCornhole View Post
    Okay, I've been lurking ETS for a handful of years now, and was content to do only that until this very evening. Most unfortunately, the reason I am speaking to you tonight is that the HTDA store cart/checkout process has put me somewhere between pissed and livid. If it's not logging me out when I attempt to "proceed to checkout", it's simply ignoring the command and putting me right back into the cart, like some kind of... closed loop. After about an hour, I passed the impassable and was ready to input payment information, when I noticed that my new best friend the cart is taking the liberty of trying to save me a dollar by making sure that every time I try to order the disc+download, I end up with only the download order. Perhaps the store reflects TR's new tech sensibilities and thinks that optical is a dead medium. Anyway, I gave up to come by here and see if anyone else is having issues, or maybe even have some sage advice. Thanks, folks.
    If you're only going for CD, and are having real issues (that is, after clearing your cache and not using IE), then get it from Amazon. They'll still get the money and you'll get the CD just as soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    !0 Minutes!

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I don't see them listed on the schedule. Am I missing something?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It'd be pretty cool if they let people who bought presale tickets download the album. Just a thought.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I don't see them listed on the schedule. Am I missing something?
    https://twitter.com/destroyangels/st...96269596401664

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The effect with the track art is really cool and unexpected. I wonder if the other digital releases do the same thing - probably not.

In other news, my orders are finally "processing." The notice on the shirts was apparently misleading - that's rather frustrating, but at least it'll get here soon.

Here's a zip of the track art in full resolution, btw: http://rapidshare.com/files/4140081748/WO.zip

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    It'd be pretty cool if they let people who bought presale tickets download the album. Just a thought.
    Trent wrote a post about how that exact thing is sucky. Buy a CD there, get it signed, do it oldschool man.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Looks like we're not getting the bonus tracks in 24/96 downloads. Slight bummer.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    HTDA says no download limits, that's pretty awesome. Modlife 1, Topspin 0 in this case.

Except that Modlife is kind of shitty in all the other aspects. Small victory.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Odd spotting - the Tablet wallpapers in the mp3 download list the image author as Neven Mrgan. Might just be a copy/past accident, as he's not mentioned elsewhere.

If you're only going for CD, and are having real issues (that is, after clearing your cache and not using IE), then get it from Amazon. They'll still get the money and you'll get the CD just as soon.
    I've ruled out most noob issues. I thought I read somewhere here that the band gets a marginally larger percentage of the sale price when purchased in their store. That's the assumption I was operating under while I was shaking my fist at the heavens and cursing everyone involved, anyway. If that is not the case, I'm happy to scoot on over to Amazon. In other news, HTDA customer service is "out for the weekend" and "will be back Monday".

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ComradeCornhole View Post
    I've ruled out most noob issues. I thought I read somewhere here that the band gets a marginally larger percentage of the sale price when purchased in their store. That's the assumption I was operating under while I was shaking my fist at the heavens and cursing everyone involved, anyway. If that is not the case, I'm happy to scoot on over to Amazon. In other news, HTDA customer service is "out for the weekend" and "will be back Monday".
    Yeah they will get more from the store - but if you can't get it from the store, then your good intentions are wasted. Try emptying your basket, clearing cache, opening store in new tab and the usual crap that might work, but if all else fails, Amazon. Do note you won't get an instant download from Amazon though.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The album won't copy to my phone (iPhone 3GS) - says the sample rate isn't compatible. That's more than a little infuriating. Whatever, I'll just use the mp3s, I guess.

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    The album won't copy to my phone (iPhone 3GS) - says the sample rate isn't compatible. That's more than a little infuriating. Whatever, I'll just use the mp3s, I guess.
    iDevices only play up to 24/48

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    iDevices only play up to 24/48
    Oh damn it. That's stupid. Why put it out in Apple Lossless if it won't even play on iDevices?

Thanks for telling me why it didn't work, though. MP3 it is, then.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Holy fucking 1.5GB Batman!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    goosebumps at how long-fucking A record