Page 165 of 264 FirstFirst ... 65 115 155 163 164 165 166 167 175 215 ... LastLast
Results 4,921 to 4,950 of 7895

Thread: Tool

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    the past hour they’ve posted all albums up to lateralus, 10,000 days and hopefully the new album possibly today?
    ?

Aenima was on Wednesday, Undertow Tuesday, Opiate Monday.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    ?

Aenima was on Wednesday, Undertow Tuesday, Opiate Monday.
    on their facebook page they’ve put them on again

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty79 View Post
    on their facebook page they’ve put them on again
    Ah thanks!

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Poor lost child Salival. And it has such a cool name, too. Uniform. None of this digits-with-commas nonsense.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Yeah but Salival isn't technically a "studio album" project like the others. It's more a live takes, rarities and b-sides release. Perhaps it will still get added to the discography on Spotify and streaming catalogue regardless.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Shit, there is still also licensing to consider for Salival as they did covers, one in particular just happens to be Led Zeppelin.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Trent had no problem getting Immigrant Song streaming.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    lol, I remember being on ETS back in 2006 when 10,000 Days first leaked and listening to it. If my past self had have said: “you’ll be doing this again on ETS in... 2019” I would’ve scoffed. Feels surreal.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Hopefully that would be a smooth transition. But Trent has also not been involved in several lawsuits with his label / distributor. Granted Sony seems to have control of things now so you'd think Tool has supreme dick-waving leverage versus in the past. But this is just speculation on my part.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    MJK is gonna be on Joe Rogans podcast on monday to make some announcements

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Awesome.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    Awesome it's gonna be like I've said for years, a big middle finger to all the fans. Sold out? We cashed in.

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    so, have I missed it, but there's still no announced album title, or is it going to be a self titled release?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so, have I missed it, but there's still no announced album title, or is it going to be a self titled release?
    Or "untitled" like the new Rammstein?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Looks like the title and details of the album will get announced on monday.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    New Puscifer album dude!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    it's... very unusual for a band to have a highly anticipated release date looming so close, and no pre-orders, artwork, or even album title?

I mean, by all means follow your bliss, do it the way you wanna do it... just, noting that it's unusual. If this is a physical release that will be physically available by that release date, it's almost certainly in production

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that Sony would like to tell their investors all about the new Tool album Tuesday...so I bet the presale etc. will be Monday. Jinsai is right, but the people that are going to get the presale stuff/limited edition stuff are just waiting at the door anyway.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that Sony would like to tell their investors all about the new Tool album Tuesday...so I bet the presale etc. will be Monday. Jinsai is right, but the people that are going to get the presale stuff/limited edition stuff are just waiting at the door anyway.
    Pretty much. And it’s Tool. They can do whatever the hell they want. I’m with you on the dates you mentioned, and if people don’t start getting physical editions for like 1-2 months, it’ll be a big deal for about half a day before people move on. Hell, I live on the west coast and almost every label I preorder from takes forever. I just listen on Google Play until it arrives. No joke, I got the Drab Majesty vinyl four days ago. Somehow I manage to cope.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Maynard James Keenan making a Tool announcement on the Joe Rogan podcast is like a Hard Times headline that's too easy to write

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I think it's fine. He seems to be comfortable on there, so maybe we'll get more information about what it's about etc than some normal interview. I really think this is the best case scenario.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Maynard will be on to announce the new album title, that Tool will be on streaming services, and a single will be dropping on Friday. (Not which Friday but on a Friday.)

Unless he’s listening. In which case, prove me wrong, Maynard! Prove me wrong!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    bottom line is the album drops on 8/30, who cares what happens until then? we already have the "singles" anyways and they don't mean nothing outside of the whole thing.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by armogi View Post
    bottom line is the album drops on 8/30, who cares what happens until then? we already have the "singles" anyways and they don't mean nothing outside of the whole thing.
    I’m very, very patient with this band and I’ve been quite the apologist for them but at some point it’s just like come the fuck on. You’ve got material recorded—some of it for quite some time like the Opiate re-recording.

Just fuckin drop something already.

I still firmly believe streaming rights are the reason we haven’t had a release since 2006. However—and this is a big one—the band should probably just take one for the team just once.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    I’m impatiently waiting for tour dates. Also want a proper recording from a new song, not a live version. Me thinks Invincible will be a lot better from the studio.

Would be nice to know the album title and see some proper artwork.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    that bit about the "singles;" it still utterly baffles me.
    With this band's apparent stance on cell phone recording, why in the FUCK did they "release the singles" in that manner? I mean, shit, when I saw those live videos all over youtube, I thought that surely, those songs would immediately come out as singles, or that the album was about to drop.
    Now, it seems like it was intentional, to release those songs in that manner.
    Was it some sort of joke I'm not getting, or statement that is eluding me?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    that bit about the "singles;" it still utterly baffles me.
    With this band's apparent stance on cell phone recording, why in the FUCK did they "release the singles" in that manner? I mean, shit, when I saw those live videos all over youtube, I thought that surely, those songs would immediately come out as singles, or that the album was about to drop.
    Now, it seems like it was intentional, to release those songs in that manner.
    Was it some sort of joke I'm not getting, or statement that is eluding me?
    Knowing the band and their history I would think the message is, “the label fucked up our release timeline so just enjoy these songs.”

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ryanmcfly View Post
    *insert Tool erection logo here*

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    *insert Tool erection logo here*

Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

Mentioned
    556 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    I’m impatiently waiting for tour dates. Also want a proper recording from a new song, not a live version. Me thinks Invincible will be a lot better from the studio. .
    It definitely would. Someone's cell phone recording is not going to capture it. A live mix even from the board would need to be remixed... when you mix sound for FOH (front of house) it is done to sound good in the room... it doesn't necessarily sound great or proper as a multitrack mix... so unless someone got the split audio mix (which is usually only created if there was an intended live broadcast or future live release), it won't really comer close to the quality of a studio recording.

Then again, I've only listened to a few seconds of the two new songs.