Quote Originally Posted by wizfan View Post
Psst, look at the post above you

AIRA appears to be the name of the line of equipment, the drum machine is the Roland TR-8, and synth nerds speculate as bad as NIN fans. The best sourced/thought-out rumor is that it's going to be a virtual analog, using the "superNATURAL" synth engine that they've used in the Jupiter 80. There are dubious sounding claims that it'll have some kind of Wifi MIDI scheme to communicate with the other DJ-focused AIRA items, of which at least four will be debuted at NAMM. The VT-3's already been leaked, and supposedly reliable sources are saying there's a TB-3 to go with the TR-8.

If the TR-8 sounds and functions good, and costs, say, $450 or less, I might sell my ER-1 and replace it with the Roland box. And then desolder all the green LEDs from it. Maybe. But at this point, all we have is a photo from a weird angle. The proof is in the sound. Maybe the beats in the background of the promo video are from the new drum machine. They're focusing on less interesting stuff now, and are obviously waiting for NAMM to do a proper unveiling of the AIRA line.

Clearly, I've bought into the hype a bit. They have my interest, but I know from experience that Roland is usually a let-down for me.

On the other hand, I still have my Korg catalog from 2000. Those guys were firing on all cylinders even back then.