Page 112 of 528 FirstFirst ... 12 62 102 110 111 112 113 114 122 162 212 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    once he made his page public, it became dead and he never used it at all and it got spammed by assholes. when his page was private, he used to post up there several times a day

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'm still waiting for the super deluxe Fragile set to come out. I've been listening to that album a lot lately.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by [73] View Post
    I'm still waiting for the super deluxe Fragile set to come out. I've been listening to that album a lot lately.
    woah weird! so am i!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    It also seems like Twitter is the only social network that seemed to stand the test of time for Trent Reznor, and while he's still on Facebook, I don't think he uses it as much. However, I would've liked to have been able to see the inside of his Facebook account, but its friend count has reached its limit.
    He also has Instagram and so does Mariqueen.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    That also reminds me to say that Nine Inch Nails is also on Flickr. I love using the wallpapers from that account.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That also reminds me to say that Nine Inch Nails is also on Flickr. I love using the wallpapers from that account.
    Speaking of which, where are the Hestitation Marks wallpapers? Didn't Rob promise them?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    grab pictures from album PDF, i suppose?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The NIN camp has promised us lots of things. Those promises mean absolutely nothing.

Someday we'll learn.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Ghosts Film Festival

(a joke that ages really well imo)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    This seems like it'll be a fun game.

The Social Network Remix EP.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    year zero HBO series

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    With Teeth essay?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by final destiny View Post
    the nin camp has promised us lots of things. Those promises mean absolutely nothing.

Someday we'll learn.
    Terrible Lie!!!
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 12-30-2013 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Doot Doot Doot DEEDLE DEE Doot Doot Doot

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Ghosts Film Festival

(a joke that ages really well imo)
    How many ETSers have made their own YouTube playlist of favourite entries?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I wish the tour merch would go up on to the online store so I can get the things I didn't pick up at the last show in Phoenix as I lost my card.

I WANT THAT HOODIE AND GRAY BEANIE!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

The Adrian Belew fb post in nin spotting annoys me. Reznor hasn't said one word about Belew publicly since. Have some class, get over it and stfu already.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The Adrian Belew fb post in nin spotting annoys me. Reznor hasn't said one word about Belew publicly since. Have some class, get over it and stfu already.
    Did Belew actually use the name of the band or mention Reznor at all in his status update? No, he didn't. Is he not even allowed to allude to the situation, or express any disappointment in reflecting upon the year? Jesus Christ.

This was posted right after:
    please allow me to add this to my last post: my little bumps in the road are insignificant to the troubles so many people face daily and I know it. I am very aware how fortunate I am and often marvel that anyone cares what I do. it's only natural to reflect at this time of the year, but far from being distraught, I'm more inspired than ever. I wrote two new songs just this past week.

my real message is one of hope and excitement for the NEW.
    so...

happy NEW year!
    and I wish the very best for all of us.

cheers, adrian
    Last edited by botley; 12-31-2013 at 12:06 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Oh crap, I didn't really look into it at first. I noticed that there were also some NIN bashing comments under that post. It seems like they were very slighted by NIN. I also forgot that they really left in amicable terms anyway, right?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I wish songs like The Line Begins to Blur, Dead Souls, Suck, La Mer, and Something I Can Never Have would have made their way into the setlists more this year. Such a tease each was only played once or twice.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Oh crap, I didn't really look into it at first. I noticed that there were also some NIN bashing comments under that post. It seems like they were very slighted by NIN. I also forgot that they really left in amicable terms anyway, right?
    I am quite sad at the thought there might be no more Belew collaborations with NIN.
    You'd think people would be more annoyed at him not being in King Crimson actually, seems much more of a professional slight. When someone mentioned somewhere that he sits on a chair sometimes live, I thought that's really not going to go down well with the NIN fan base, they were bad enough with Pino (some of them) but a bassist is a lot less high profile and at least Pino stood up!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I am quite sad at the thought there might be no more Belew collaborations with NIN.
    You'd think people would be more annoyed at him not being in King Crimson actually, seems much more of a professional slight. When someone mentioned somewhere that he sits on a chair sometimes live, I thought that's really not going to go down well with the NIN fan base, they were bad enough with Pino (some of them) but a bassist is a lot less high profile and at least Pino stood up!
    Were you like, not here at the beginning of the year? There were a few people even here that were like "Belew is too fucking ancient for NIN, he sits in a chair for Christ's sake."

Granted, the more sensible members here (that is to say, almost the entire forum) relentlessly mocked those clueless asshats, but still. I'd imagine it was worse on nin.com and *shudder* the Facebook page.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Jesus Christ.
    My thoughts exactly when I read his post. He doesn't have to mention NIN. We knew who he was talking about and the negativity implied rubbed me wrong way.

I would have love to see what Belew would've brought to the line up. Unlike others, I don't care if he sat down or stood still. I agree that it seems like any future collaborations between the two are out of the question but I'm basing that on Belew's vague public statements such as his fb one from today.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    My thoughts exactly when I read his post. He doesn't have to mention NIN. We knew who he was talking about and the negativity implied rubbed me wrong way.

I would have love to see what Belew would've brought to the line up. Unlike others, I don't care if he sat down or stood still. I agree that it seems like any future collaborations between the two are out of the question but I'm basing that on Belew's vague public statements such as his fb one from today.
    Of course it's negative, the alternate universe where it all worked out would have been fucking awesome and Adrian has the right to be a little bummed out by that (not to mention by ALSO BEING OUT OF KING CRIMSON, with whom he's toured for years), but yeah I guess he'd better "get over it and stfu" in case not doing that somehow causes TR to stop calling him for future collaborations... wait, what? You are talking like a crazy person.
    Last edited by botley; 12-31-2013 at 04:11 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    There were a few people even here that were like "Belew is too fucking ancient for NIN, he sits in a chair for Christ's sake."

That bothers me because I have yet to ever see him sitting down while playing live in a band format. Robert Fripp of King Crimson, on the other hand, sits down all the time. I think people just don't know what they are talking about and assumed that Belew is the "guy from King Crimson that sits down." Now Belew is seen sitting down in all those pedal/studio/solo performances but of course he is, who doesn't do those sitting?

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    People on the Internet being loud-mouthed fucking morons is nothing new.

I hope the disagreements with NIN at the beginning of the year doesn't sour Belew on collaborating more with Trent in the future. I can't imagine that it would, but you never know.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    That bothers me because I have yet to ever see him sitting down while playing live in a band format. Robert Fripp of King Crimson, on the other hand, sits down all the time. I think people just don't know what they are talking about and assumed that Belew is the "guy from King Crimson that sits down." Now Belew is seen sitting down in all those pedal/studio/solo performances but of course he is, who doesn't do those sitting?
    exactly. the criticism makes zero sense. he's quite animated (and standing) when playing with Crim — guy's got a face for entertaining, that's for sure. i'm quite sad he is out of both bands; he's "my" voice of KC, having inducted me with Level Five back in 2001 (and a bootleg from the Tool tour), and obviously i'm still awed by his numerous critical contributions to NIN songs, especially on TF.

anyway, his FB post is completely fine. anyone with a gripe about it is creating one from nothing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

I thought Adrian was referring to not being in the upcoming KC touring lineup, which is far bigger news than the one-off odd NIN thing. I've seen Adrian twice with KC, he perfectly balances Fripp's oh-so-serious-anal-retentive-perfectionist personality on stage.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Of course it's negative, the alternate universe where it all worked out would have been fucking awesome and Adrian has the right to be a little bummed out by that (not to mention by ALSO BEING OUT OF KING CRIMSON, with whom he's toured for years), but yeah I guess he'd better "get over it and stfu" in case not doing that somehow causes TR to stop calling him for future collaborations... wait, what? You are talking like a crazy person.
    NIN fans on ETS speculating about what someone did or or didn't say on the internet? Pure lunacy! Dude, calm down. I was referring to WorzelG's post:

Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG
    Happy New Year!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I don't understand where anybody can infer that from what Adrian posted. Just because he lost a spot in the live band doesn't mean he's never coming back for studio projects. It's a discouraging situation, but Reznor seems like he's always blown away when they collaborate on songwriting/arranging.
    Last edited by botley; 01-01-2014 at 07:34 PM.