Page 121 of 529 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 171 221 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 15851

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    13 August 1994 = nin at Woodstock, but who cares, really

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I just put that there for fun, and I tend to think about important dates like that after 5 or 10 years passes by. (Or multiples of 5 or 10 years, considering how both of those dates will turn 20 this year.) I think I'm going listen to the entire The Downward Spiral, and watch the entire Woodstock 1994 performance on those dates, while being sure to blast them.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-03-2014 at 06:49 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    What follows is from the soul:

Throughout the history of mankind, there have always arisen great masters of various arts and disciplines. It can be said that Trent Reznor, the intellect behind Nine Inch Nails, belongs among these beacons of light. But who should continue the legacy, once these great masters enter the abyss, where all things must eventually return? What if a protégé was chosen? Socrates had Plato. Plato had Aristotle. Dr. Dre has Eminem. What of Trent Reznor? It is debatable as to whether or not his powers have reached their apex. Some say his light will never illuminate Mother Earth as it once did. In any case, he is not immortal (as far as we know). Would it not be wise of Trent Reznor, and beneficial to all, if he began training a disciple: a chosen one, with extraordinary gifts and blessed by nature, who could continue the Nine Inch Nails legacy: one who could take on the Nine Inch Nails mantle, and carry it forward into the next generation. Imagine, a Nine Inch Nails record, created entirely by Trent Reznor's protégé. It would be incredible.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 02-03-2014 at 07:05 AM.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    I really like your sense of humor.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    The entire With Teeth album has monstrous drums.
    This. My favourite in that regard is The Collector. I just want to destroy everything when it starts.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    This. My favourite in that regard is The Collector. I just want to destroy everything when it starts.
    that's how i feel during the entirety of the line begins to blur. oh man...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    The drumming and the bass really were among my most favorite things about With Teeth. I also loved the bass and drumming in All The Love In The World. I think this is also another reasons as to why I also prefer The Collector, With Teeth, Only, and The Line Begins to Blur live. Home is another song with my favorite drumming as well.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i would kill for a release of "Still" on vinyl. i can understand why the main part of "and all that could have been" didn't receive a vinyl release, but why didn't Still? it would be so perfect. a single 12" record with the first five tracks on side A and the last four on side B. or a double 10". for how much trent loves vinyl, i'm really surprised this never happened.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    In a galaxy far, far away...

I don't get it. What am I missing?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I like to listen to quiet albums, and when it softly ends, smash The Line Begins To Blur. No... I love it.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I don't get it. What am I missing?
    Not your fault, I was toying with the idea of the Lucas & Reznor Chronicles. I originally intended to continue the post with:

"...to a galaxy not so long ago":

Present Day:

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i would kill for a release of "Still" on vinyl. i can understand why the main part of "and all that could have been" didn't receive a vinyl release, but why didn't Still? it would be so perfect. a single 12" record with the first five tracks on side A and the last four on side B. or a double 10". for how much trent loves vinyl, i'm really surprised this never happened.
    completely agreed. either there's something weird about the Halo 17 release setup that prevents it or (more likely) TR is waiting to do it later for some reason, like the anniversary release of TF.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Go easy on the pot brownies, guys.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Never saw this shot before! that'f a fucking great picture.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Aside from knowing that the enemy Reznor in Super Mario World was really named after Trent Reznor, I also like how befitting that mini-boss battle is, since it's above a pit of lava, while the Reznors breath fire, considering how there is an actual Reznor heating company. (Which also does air conditioning.) It also cheers me up because Super Mario World is also still among one of my most favorite video games of all time, and in return, it also gets me to think of Pretty Hate Machine and Broken. (And well, yes, this is a random NIN thought after all.)

-Edit-

And knowing that the Reznors were really named after Trent Reznor made me even much more happier knowing that this actually exists. Yeah, sure, I've heard it before, but knowing that really sealed it for me really good.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-05-2014 at 04:12 PM.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    happy girls eating salad! i saw that on ellen.

on topic (and speaking of), i think a performance on her show would not only be appropriate, but well received at this point. i thought this when i saw her amazing beats commercials. i wouldn't be surprised if she was a fan.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by c0f3d View Post
    happy girls eating salad! i saw that on ellen.

on topic (and speaking of), i think a performance on her show would not only be appropriate, but well received at this point. i thought this when i saw her amazing beats commercials. i wouldn't be surprised if she was a fan.
    I know of 2 times Ellen has mentioned NIN. Once, in one of her stand up specials (I have 2 on dvd, can't remember which it was) she made a joke about organizing her music collection by category. The Cranberries were with Meatloaf, The Doors and The Carpenters were with Nine Inch Nails. etc. Another time, she was interviewing some little girl who sings, and she asked her (jokingly) if she listens to or else likes to sing (can't remember) Nine Inch Nails.
    I am sure Ellen is a fan, to some extent.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    ha. i see what she did there.

she's had some interesting acts from weird corners here and there on her show. i know her taste in music is vast and that she cares about who they book on a personal level. i bet her and trent would have crazy good chemistry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    That specific shade of the dark bags underneath Jeordie's eyes suggest this was indeed taken at The Last Supper of Performance 2007.

Also, random ETS comment and pet peeve: @Kris, don't you know life is too short not to abbreviate on a fan forum? Pigs know their PHMs n' BYITs. I can feel your fingers cramping up every time you type out And All That Could Have Been (Still). Wow that was actually exhausting.

On topic: IMO TR is GOAT
    Last edited by Fangster_; 02-06-2014 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    For quite a while, I've always had a feeling somebody would notice, but not say anything. I've actually abbreviated some titles from time to time though. I have said PHM, TDS, and TF before, but it happened so scarcely. And yes, TR AKA NIN is awesome. How are those acronyms?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Fair enough. Not that it really bugs me all that much.

Just noticed how I myself had written Jeordies eye's. Ugh, now how terrible is that?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The first few times I saw "While I'm Still Here" abbreviated as WISH, I got it confused with "Wish".

Guess is as good a place as any to say that when/if Trent does another NIN album, all the song titles when abbreviated should spell out other NIN songs, CLOSER, LAST, etc

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    the first few times i saw "while i'm still here" abbreviated as wish, i got it confused with "wish".

Guess is as good a place as any to say that when/if trent does another nin album, all the song titles when abbreviated should spell out other nin songs, closer, last, etc
    HELPMEIAMINHELL

this post isn't in all caps no sir

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I still have yet to hear Pilgrimage being covered by the use of a kazoo, or multiple kazoos. Any other instrumental by NIN would be just fine by me too. I've always imagined that it would sound hilarious, and I've always gotten that idea from this particular article from The Meathead Perspective.

http://www.theninhotline.net/meatpers/html/mp991006.htm

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    I still have yet to hear Pilgrimage being covered by the use of a kazoo, or multiple kazoos.
    That might actually get me to listen to P again.

…What? I acronymed it, didn’t I?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    why do so many people dislike pilgrimage? i love it! should this go in the controversial opinions thread? maybe!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    why do so many people dislike pilgrimage? i love it! should this go in the controversial opinions thread? maybe!
    took me years to get into that track. i would actually skip it even though the first disc is basically perfect. obviously it must be well liked by TR, considering it was the ending of the album until they got Ezrin involved.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Somewhat related: you gotta play Super Mario Land 2 as soon as you can, it is one of the greatest games ever. I'm stuck on level three right now.