Page 240 of 529 FirstFirst ... 140 190 230 238 239 240 241 242 250 290 340 ... LastLast
Results 7,171 to 7,200 of 15851

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is going to be a one man's trash is another man's treasure argument. We can all agree to disagree.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    except THAT'S YOUR OPINION and NO ONE IS SAYING YOU CAN'T HAVE IT.

those "chicken bones" to you are more like the world's richest chocolate cake, to me. i'd rather skip dinner and eat the whole god damn cake, but that's MY OPINION to which i am entitled and you don't have to agree with, but you do have to let me have it. there are no objective facts here, dude.
    OK, but have you noticed how Trent has said multiple times that he enjoys doing the scores as a compliment to what he does normally for his day job? I don't think a complimentary thing should ever take center stage, and I'm pretty confident it never will.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Why is everyone so desperate to fight this guy? Did billy boy not teach ETS anything?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineinchnerd View Post
    OK, but have you noticed how Trent has said multiple times that he enjoys doing the scores as a compliment to what he does normally for his day job? I don't think a complimentary thing should ever take center stage, and I'm pretty confident it never will.
    But we're not just talking about the scores. We're talking about that, plus NINstrumentals, and perhaps a few mellow vocal tracks. It would be like the difference between Still and Broken in terms of tone.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    You have no opposition to it, but you'd be devastated if he did that instead of another NIN tour. Got it.
    Apples and oranges? I'M fine with Trent doing some insrumental shows, I'm not fine with doing so many it would cost us a legit, new NIN tour.

Wait, what? You just said "he works his soul out to present his "shit" to us in a new and entertaining way". How would that NOT apply to this scenario?
    And I also said that there are much more potential in making his studio work awesome. For one, you can't really change the music itself in scores - they are beautiful and perfect for a reason. Now compare that to Closer having TOT breakdown, or MOTP having different intros and an extended outro, or songs being more agressive (Tension's Copy Of A, Terrible Lie), etc. You just can't, unless we are talking about his instrumental NIN works, but they are technically NIN songs. Yes, he can make pretty visuals for his scores, taht one is correct.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't believe anyone said it should be a world tour. It would have to be limited engagement sort of thing.
    You said you'd rather have him tour his scores than his NIN work next time.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    But we're not just talking about the scores. We're talking about that, plus NINstrumentals, and perhaps a few mellow vocal tracks. It would be like the difference between Still and Broken in terms of tone.
    So basically a NIN tour with scores as an addition. A few steps and we arrive at something like LITS was; a kickass NIN tour with an instrumental section.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Scores are great within the context of what they are. But trying to make a show out of it would be kind of pointless to me. And yes, boring. It's an instrumental that enhances a movie going experience. On its own, it gets old fast.
    There are entire record labels and industries that only deal in score music. You're objectively wrong, instrumental music, score, soundtrack, theme and incidental music are all enjoyed by many, can play to packed theatres and are a growing trend.

It'd be harder to get Atticus to actually want to do a tour than it would to sell tickets, believe me.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    There are entire record labels and industries that only deal in score music. You're objectively wrong, instrumental music, score, soundtrack, theme and incidental music are all enjoyed by many, can play to packed theatres and are a growing trend.

It'd be harder to get Atticus to actually want to do a tour than it would to sell tickets, believe me.
    Trent sitting in a chair for 1,5 hours would sell tickets as well.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    This. For instance, guys like Hans Zimmer and John Williams play sold out concerts where they ONLY play music from films they've worked on. There's no reason why Trent and Atticus can't do the same (plus some NIN stuff).

Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    So basically a NIN tour with scores as an addition. A few steps and we arrive at something like LITS was; a kickass NIN tour with an instrumental section.
    No, because it wouldn't be like a Nine Inch Nails show. Think John Williams, not John Lennon.
    Last edited by BRoswell; 07-24-2015 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    No, because it wouldn't be like a Nine Inch Nails show. Think John Williams, not John Lennon.
    I can see Trent making a short kickass show from his instrumental NIN tracks. I can also see him playing a short performance with scores and light light NIN songs. I can't see him mixing them. I can't see him enjoying playing a 15-20 songs long setlist like this day after day. I can see him making it a veeery few times, or maybe once, but then he would mix them together for one, epic show for some charity.

It's obvious he's enjoying his live shows, he dances to his own music live!!! Give him three shows in a row without THTF and he'd be hospitalized due to overflowing sadness that he can't clap his hands and dance to the beat. Also, his time for touring is pretty limited as it is.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I can see Trent making a short kickass show from his instrumental NIN tracks. I can also see him playing a short performance with scores and light light NIN songs. I can't see him mixing them. I can't see him enjoying playing a 15-20 songs long setlist like this day after day. I can see him making it a veeery few times, or maybe once, but then he would mix them together for one, epic show for some charity.

It's obvious he's enjoying his live shows, he dances to his own music live!!! Give him three shows in a row without THTF and he'd be hospitalized due to overflowing sadness that he can't clap his hands and dance to the beat. Also, his time for touring is pretty limited as it is.
    You should probably check out CRC, With Teeth Summer Radio, Still, reAct now...

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I can't see him enjoying playing a 15-20 songs long setlist like this day after day.
    And again, nobody said it was going to be some sort of world tour with a hundred dates spread over two years.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    You should probably check out CRC, With Teeth Summer Radio, Still, reAct now...
    So the same exact things I described he might/would do? Short setlists, one time occasions or a few performances max, nothing extravagant. It basically just backs me up in this argument.
    And again, nobody said it was going to be some sort of world tour with a hundred dates spread over two years.
    Then I'm not sure if we are arguing about anything at all. I think I already implied that I think that a few short performances are completely plausible. But it will never ever be in contest for a possible new NIN tour.
    Last edited by Volband; 07-24-2015 at 04:32 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Your argument is that Trent would get tired of playing the same set every night if he was doing a show like that, but I think that argument applies way more to a new NIN tour than what we're describing. It would be a very limited engagement, with much less travel than a typical tour, and with an opportunity to present music that, for the most part, hasn't been played live before in a different environment than we're used to. Compare that with playing *insert set staple* pretty much the same way it's been played for years to a crowd that has most likely seen it and knows what to expect. As much as I've enjoyed what he's done on past tours, he has rarely deviated much from a specific kind of performance. Tension was an evolution of Lights In The Sky, which was an evolution from With Teeth, which was an evolution from Fragility, which was an evolution from Self Destruct. That's not a complaint, because we all love that stuff, but this would be a chance to subvert those expectations. It may not be as "FUCK YEAH RAWK AND ROLL!!!!!" as that, but it would be a lot more interesting.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Kind of a bummer that we'll have to wait several years till the next NIN tour. : (

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I wonder if that 'Burn' scream was a one off, i'd certainly not expect him do to that live, hell i lose my voice when i go to a football match..

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    We still have no idea what Mark Romanek was working on with Trent. Anyone have any guesses?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Trent sitting in a chair for 1,5 hours would sell tickets as well.
    For some reason i imagined Trent sitting behind cash register selling tickets himself

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    We still have no idea what Mark Romanek was working on with Trent. Anyone have any guesses?
    Could've easily been another music video that we didn't get. Many seeds never grow

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Could've easily been another music video that we didn't get. Many seeds never grow
    Romanek said he was working with Trent a couple months back. How would it have been a music video?????

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Here’s my shot in the dark. I’ll guess that Mark was helping Trent install a new energy efficient Water Heater, you know, as a selling point for the house.

We’ve already become desperate for nin news, haven’t we?

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Romanek said he was working with Trent a couple months back. How would it have been a music video?????
    New song? Last time they worked together we got a video for a standalone single after all

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    The Fight Club : The Musical trailer ???

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    New song? Last time they worked together we got a video for a standalone single after all
    I assume you're referring to 'Perfect Drug.' I'm surprised Trent never performed that song live.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I assume you're referring to 'Perfect Drug.' I'm surprised Trent never performed that song live.
    I am. And he has a loooong list of unplayed live songs, many surprising
    http://www.nin.wiki/NIN_songs_never_played_live

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I doubt Trent would do it but I mean Rammstein released the song Mein Herz Brennt as a single with not one but three videos for it in 2012/2013, a song that's the opener on an album from 2001. So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Now let me put my tinfoil on and go full crazy fanboy wet dream here:

- Making a video for something from Hesitation Marks

- Meant as a promo for and to be included on the ultra-deluxe amazing NIN Live: 2013/14 Blu-Ray release

- Fragile remaster/deluxe edition released a week later as free download and vinyl set

- With Teeth 10th anniversary edition released month later with new video for Every Day Is Exactly the Same filmed by Romanek included along with My Dead Friend, The Warning, Message to No One, Home and the With_Teeth essay included

- Hell freezes over

- Trent & Atticus release a three hour long score to accompany the new frozen hellscape we are cast into, available in all file formats, as a 3-CD set or ultra-deluxe signed and numbered vinyl boxset with flash drive, people bitch about whether or not it's "stand alone music" because it's a score, lots of redundant pages of fighting where no one's opinion is really altered at all ensue

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    - Hell freezes over

- Trent & Atticus release a three hour long score to accompany the new frozen hellscape we are cast into, available in all file formats, as a 3-CD set or ultra-deluxe signed and numbered vinyl boxset with flash drive, people bitch about whether or not it's "stand alone music" because it's a score, lots of redundant pages of fighting where no one's opinion is really altered at all ensue
    - The Devil King of this frozen hell wasteland is a two headed abomination named Trenticus Rosznor. Let us praise the wretched heathen lord with pagan ceremonies and rites.

- Trenticus Rosznor announces that he will only accept our pagan worship if it is rendered through Apple.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I doubt Trent would do it but I mean Rammstein released the song Mein Herz Brennt as a single with not one but three videos for it in 2012/2013, a song that's the opener on an album from 2001. So it's not entirely out of the realm of possibility.

Now let me put my tinfoil on and go full crazy fanboy wet dream here:

- Making a video for something from Hesitation Marks

- Meant as a promo for and to be included on the ultra-deluxe amazing NIN Live: 2013/14 Blu-Ray release

- Fragile remaster/deluxe edition released a week later as free download and vinyl set

- With Teeth 10th anniversary edition released month later with new video for Every Day Is Exactly the Same filmed by Romanek included along with My Dead Friend, The Warning, Message to No One, Home and the With_Teeth essay included

- Hell freezes over

And I get laid by a woman who doesn't look like an oger. And NIN announces a new 3 year long tour and a new NIN album comes out and scientists discover that doughnuts and cookies and soda are the key to a long healthy life.
    Last edited by nineinchnerd; 07-25-2015 at 11:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Top Of The Hour into Theme For Tetsuo live....one day

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Seems like Trent is in full lounge mode right now. Judging by his NIN account on Apple music, he's been making a lot of recommendations lately: soundtracks, horror movies, etc.

http://maggiebear.com/trentgallery15/trent682tx.JPG