Page 414 of 528 FirstFirst ... 314 364 404 412 413 414 415 416 424 464 514 ... LastLast
Results 12,391 to 12,420 of 15839

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm gonna order a bag for myself as well when I get home. I stopped drinking coffee myself, but this is more of a collectors item than to consume. Anyone notice the bottom says coffee #1 and coffee #2? Do you get 2 bags with each purchase or are there 2 types of coffees and will be given one at random, or is it both in the same bag, just small samples?
    Coffee #1
    Finca: Santa Barbara
    Cultivar: Mixed Cultivar (Caturra, Colombia)
    Process: Washed
    Coffee #2
    Finca: Tuxpal
    Cultivar: Catimor
    Notes: Dark Chocolate, Blood Orange, Almond
    Net Wt: 12 oz

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    Coffee #1
    Finca: Santa Barbara
    Cultivar: Mixed Cultivar (Caturra, Colombia)
    Coffee #2
    Finca: Tuxpal
    Cultivar: Catimor
    Notes: Dark Chocolate, Blood Orange, Almond
    Net Wt: 12 oz
    Yes, my question was: we get both per order, or is it a mystery on which one you get sent?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm gonna order a bag for myself as well when I get home. I stopped drinking coffee myself, but this is more of a collectors item than to consume. Anyone notice the bottom says coffee #1 and coffee #2? Do you get 2 bags with each purchase or are there 2 types of coffees and will be given one at random, or is it both in the same bag, just small samples?
    It's a blend of both the coffees listed. i.e. they are both mixed together in the same bag.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 05-20-2018 at 09:29 PM. Reason: clarification

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    It's a blend of both the coffees listed.
    Oh! OK. Makes sense. That's the answer I was looking for, thanks. (My girlfriend actually asked me this question. I was unsure myself, she's the coffee drinker lol)

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Here's a random question: which of the Hesitation Marks covers do you personally consider the "canon" one? As in, which one do you most associate with the album? I always think of the digital edition (specifically the "audiophile mastered version") because that's how I listen to it most often.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Here's a random question: which of the Hesitation Marks covers do you personally consider the "canon" one? As in, which one do you most associate with the album? I always think of the digital edition (specifically the "audiophile mastered version") because that's how I listen to it most often.
    The digital version with the burnt matches on the left side is my personal favorite as well. Trent must feel that way because it's the version used on nin.com too. I've noticed that ninwiki uses the CD covers for Hesitation Marks and NTAE, but I think someone should change them!

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pbgut View Post
    I thought he said it was time to put NIN away for awhile or some quote to that effect. I wasn't under the impression that it was permanent then, but I wasn't paying super close attention. And even now, he hasn't stated an exact end point.
    You are 100% right. I remember multiple times in 2009 providing TR quotes to people saying "he's not quitting NIN!" He said that he was going to take a break from touring for at least a few years "maybe forever." He left forever as a possibility but specifically said he wasn't going to claim it because people would hold it against him if he came back when he honestly wasn't sure. I do think he planned to be gone longer than he actually did, but nothing he actually claimed as (opposed to what people claim he claimed) was a lie.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The digital version with the burnt matches on the left side is my favorite artwork, however, the CD cover is the one I associate with the album. I personally do not like all the different cover art for different formats. I feel the album should have one set cover (CD version). And BTW, the itunes version is awful.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I've noticed that ninwiki uses the CD covers for Hesitation Marks and NTAE, but I think someone should change them!
    As a mod for the wiki, I can tell you that the convention is that CD art is the preferred art. This is why we have it on the main page and at the top of pages with multiple art.
    Last edited by piggy; 05-21-2018 at 12:05 AM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by piggy View Post
    As a mod for the wiki, I can tell you that the convention is that CD art is the preferred art. This is why we have it on the main page and at the top of pages with multiple art.
    I was only half serious and didn’t mean that to offend (if that was the case). I mainly just think the artwork for the digital version was easily the coolest and it seemed to get used the most in promotional materials. I think the deluxe CD and iTunes versions were also better options for the main cover than the “standard” CD cover artwork (though I thought the vinyl was probably the weakest of the bunch). That is all obviously just my opinion, though. I do agree that historically, the “definitive cover” has been the CD cover, so that does seem to be the established convention.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but you can now get your very own bag of NIN coffee...

https://www.darkmattercoffee.com/pro...ch-nails-blend

I ordered a bag and will report back later
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    yes, they were serving it at the aragon yesterday (dark matter is chicago-based)
    It was like any other dark coffee, if you like coffee then it's good. I order some because I have a problem with collecting nin stuff. Gonna make a batch as cold brew though. I think I will save it for consuming with first spin of Bad Witch. Are we allowed to drink coffee when we listen to nin with our fucking phone turned off?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Not sure if this has been posted before, but you can now get your very own bag of NIN coffee...

https://www.darkmattercoffee.com/pro...ch-nails-blend

I ordered a bag and will report back later
    Uh...is this the physical component?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Ordered some too... and the Unicorn Blood mug... for, uh... reasons.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Why wasn't it called Coffee of A?
    "Coffee after coffee after coffee after coffee..." and then we go into " "

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I was only half serious and didn’t mean that to offend (if that was the case). I mainly just think the artwork for the digital version was easily the coolest and it seemed to get used the most in promotional materials. I think the deluxe CD and iTunes versions were also better options for the main cover than the “standard” CD cover artwork (though I thought the vinyl was probably the weakest of the bunch). That is all obviously just my opinion, though. I do agree that historically, the “definitive cover” has been the CD cover, so that does seem to be the established convention.
    No worries. And I didn't mean to sound like I was reprimanding. I was just sprinkling a little info.

My favorite HM cover and the one I associate with it is the deluxe black and red version. My second favorite is the vinyl cover and my least favorite is the iTunes cover.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    The "cold and black and infinite with nothing left to lose" line from Branches/Bones has always resonated with me for some reason, ever since I first heard the song. Might be my first NIN tatoo.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    No worries. And I didn't mean to sound like I was reprimanding. I was just sprinkling a little info.

My favorite HM cover and the one I associate with it is the deluxe black and red version. My second favorite is the vinyl cover and my least favorite is the iTunes cover.
    My personal favorite HM cover is this...

Followed by the deluxe digibook edition

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post

ditto!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)

I really like the deluxe edition art, too. Definitely my number 2. The iTunes cover is at the bottom for me as well, but the vinyl is right there next to it. Just felt too busy to me.

It kind of feels like Trent was given a bunch of art by Russell Mills and he couldn't decide which of the cover pieces he liked best, so he just used one for each format. I like the idea behind it, but the lack of a "definitive" cover, so to speak, harms the album's visual identity, I think. I personally always associate an album very, very strongly with its cover art, and having so many options made that difficult for HM and blunted its impact a little.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I really like the deluxe edition art, too. Definitely my number 2. The iTunes cover is at the bottom for me as well, but the vinyl is right there next to it. Just felt too busy to me.
    Weirdly enough I did not like the vinyl cover before getting the cover art in my hands. And my fucking god is it 100x more glorious in the physical world. You can see every single detail, you can feel it, and it looks great on the material the sleeve is made of. So different compared to a picture on a screen. And it's my favorite now.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I like the idea behind it, but the lack of a "definitive" cover, so to speak, harms the album's visual identity, I think. I personally always associate an album very, very strongly with its cover art, and having so many options made that difficult for HM and blunted its impact a little.
    I'm with you on that one. I rather an artist to select a cover and stick with it. The multiple cover thing feels like a gimmick to sell more copies for the hardcore OCD fan who has to have all of them. Having multiple covers causes the album to lose a bit of its identity. At least Trent didn't go the Billy Corgan route with his Zeitgeist album where he used the same artwork but different color schemes: red, purple, orange, green. It was really ugly.
    Last edited by neorev; 05-21-2018 at 06:43 PM.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)

Same here!

I'm with you on that one. I rather an artist to select a cover and stick with it. The multiple cover thing feels like a gimmick to sell more copies for the hardcore OCD fan who has to have all of them. Having multiple covers causes the album to lose a bit of its identity. At least Trent didn't go the Billy Corgan route with his Zeitgeist album where he used the same artwork but different color schemes: red, purple, orange, green. It was really ugly.
    Didn’t Metallica pull that with St. Anger, too?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I was just listening to Right Where It Belongs V.2. I'm sure it will be awhile before we hear from Trent and Atticus after Bad Witch but it would be wonderful to have a NIN album in the future of relatively sparse ballads with beautiful accompaniment, or at least one with more of them than is common (usually only one or two an album).

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I was just listening to Right Where It Belongs V.2. I'm sure it will be awhile before we hear from Trent and Atticus after Bad Witch but it would be wonderful to have a NIN album in the future of relatively sparse ballads with beautiful accompaniment, or at least one with more of them than is common (usually only one or two an album).
    Would love to hear a "slower" record from the two of them. A Minute to Breathe is so good, and if that's any indication, they can make a damn good record/LP/EP of slower tracks.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    For some reason I have Quantum550 on mute, but it would have been nice if they said, "soon" as a rejoinder to Teitan's classic, "suck my entire cock."

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    If Quantum has responded to teitan right away with that, it would have been quite the move. Evened the playing field a bit.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    For some reason I have Quantum550 on mute, but it would have been nice if they said, "soon" as a rejoinder to Teitan's classic, "suck my entire cock."

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Listening to "Was It Worth It? (Instrumental)" and I'd really love to hear the vocals he recorded for this.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Listening to "Was It Worth It? (Instrumental)" and I'd really love to hear the vocals he recorded for this.
    I was literally listening to this thinking how great this would have been with vocals actually on the album when I read your post! This and + appendage would really elevated the right disc in my opinion (which is already my preferred "side" of the Fragile).

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    I was literally listening to this thinking how great this would have been with vocals actually on the album when I read your post! This and + appendage would really elevated the right disc in my opinion (which is already my preferred "side" of the Fragile).
    Yep. It's one of the best outtakes, even without vocals. I also really enjoy Appendage; would have been cool to have it on the album. (I like the AATCHB vibes of "Not What It Seems Like" almost as much but I think that one doesn't stand alone as an instrumental as well.)

Also never really understood why the vinyl track listing wasn't the CD one, either — like two extra songs on a second CD of a nearly two hour album was somehow crossing the line? The two vinyl tracks are two of my favorite tracks on the album and I'm glad we have the digital version of the vinyl finally.
    Last edited by Pbgut; 05-22-2018 at 01:13 PM.