Page 66 of 528 FirstFirst ... 16 56 64 65 66 67 68 76 116 166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I've yet to see NIN (I missed the last two tours to hit the UK due to prior commitments so that sucks!) 4 shows coming up this month, whoop! Can't wait for the UK/European dates to be announced, not going miss out on another NIN show ever again as long as I can help it. Hell NO!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Random NIN Thoughts

36.5 times here....with a possible 3 more shows to add to the total this go around

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    2 down (1 LITS, 1 NINJA), 2 coming up for me. (And I'm still kicking myself for missing the show in my hometown in 2006.)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I had a ticket for the show in 2000 but couldn't make it because of reasons beyond my control. I tried to go to the 2005 shows but I didn't have the money while an uncle of mine died that fall. I finally went to see them in 2006 and I saw them again in 2008 and 2009. This October will be my fourth NIN show.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Y'all should create a thread where you just link to your nintourhistory.com profile.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    The Quake soundtrack: For when you absolutely, positively, definitely, need to listen to every single last NIN composition, no matter how ambient, in anticipation of a new album.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
    The Quake soundtrack: For when you absolutely, positively, definitely, need to listen to every single last NIN composition, no matter how ambient, in anticipation of a new album.
    damn, thanks for the reminder on that. Is it wrong that I prefer that to most of Ghosts?

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Not at all. I find Ghosts a great listen in parts, but whenever I go through the whole thing I tend to zone out from time to time.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Wow, just heard the new synth based 1000000 that left its chunky guitars (read chunky balls) somewhere in the rehearsals.

And is Trent wearing Justin Bieber diaper-pants on stage?
    Last edited by hobochic; 08-05-2013 at 03:42 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Got Damnit...my computer crashed for a WEEK. ONE WEEK! and i missed not one but two live streamed nin shows? (after ...what...4 or 5 years of relative inactivity?)
    FUCK!
    ok i'll stop bitching now.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fortheloveofgod View Post
    Punch your balls off!!!! Watching Woodstock '94. 20 years ago! Crazy...
    20 years ago? FUCK. i remember getting a TERRIBLE quality tape of that recording from my 9th grade gf's stagehand uncle. I was 14. We're getting OLD!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    http://oneweekoneband.tumblr.com/ is running a series on NIN this week. They tend to get pretty good writers to cover each band/artist, so I think this one'll be a good one for us fanatics.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anyone else happy that NIN related body art is now cheap and easy to do yourself thanks to Hesitation Marks?

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    just realized the cut-up NIN logo used for yonks as the avatar on youtube and all that:

is very reminiscent of the new cut-up logo

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    judging by shirt displayed in front of store section of nin.com, the cut-up is for "twenty thirteen" rather than a brand-new logo. or at least what i can choose to believe

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The cut-up logo is just like the manipulations of the logo done during the Fragile era, as far as I can tell. It's not a permanent thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    "Copy of A" would fit right in among most of the songs from Gary Numan/Tubeway Army's Replicas.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Watching parts of the Lollapalooza show. Crowds these days need to leave their cell phones at home and bring the mosh to the pit back. Energy, people.. ENERGY.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    Watching parts of the Lollapalooza show. Crowds these days need to leave their cell phones at home and bring the mosh to the pit back. Energy, people.. ENERGY.

Yes!! This needs to happen! It brings me back to when I saw RATM live and I was in an intense mosh pit, and then all of a sudden I hit into this guy who had a camera, and he just turned around and looked at me like he wanted to strangle me. It's horrible to see people not actually having fun and for everyone to be trying to 'capture the moment'.

The moment is much better captured when you don't have to look at it through the tiny monitor on your camera, dude.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    Yes!! This needs to happen! It brings me back to when I saw RATM live and I was in an intense mosh pit, and then all of a sudden I hit into this guy who had a camera, and he just turned around and looked at me like he wanted to strangle me. It's horrible to see people not actually having fun and for everyone to be trying to 'capture the moment'.

The moment is much better captured when you don't have to look at it through the tiny monitor on your camera, dude.
    I hold up my phone and tap the button a few times, and put it up. I do that two or three times a show, and if I don't get a good picture, oh well. Now I at least want one or two good pictures of NIN.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did you hear that the guys behind Arrow are currently working in a new "The Flash" show?

http://www.slashfilm.com/flash-serie...om-arrow-team/

They should hire this guy for the main role (and maybe the soundtrack):

Seriously.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Random thought and question. I love everything NIN (including Deep). I didn't really dig the HTDA release, TSN soundtrack was good, TGWTDT was a little bloated, but what if this album sucks?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    You'll listen to something else.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeffrey Oslin View Post
    but what if this album sucks?
    it won't. it's that easy.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Random thought and question. I love everything NIN (including Deep). I didn't really dig the HTDA release, TSN soundtrack was good, TGWTDT was a little bloated, but what if this album sucks?
    I was a little skeptical of how this new album is going to shape up, but after hearind Find My Way, which I think will go down as one of my favorite nine inch nails songs ever, my doubts have been relieved. It's going to be a great album, just shut up and wait for it.

Speaking of find my way, i think I'm going to miss the rain noise on the studio version.. ADD RAIN, TRENT! ALWAYS ADD RAIN!!!

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    what if this album sucks?
    If you think the album sucks, chances are pretty good you're either going to stop coming here, or you're going to complain about incessantly it in the thread that gets started after the album's been released. That's how these things tend to go.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I love how the people that complain about musicians looking "bored" on stage are the same people holding up their cellphones with a blank stare on their face. Man, it's got to be shitty playing for hipsters making art films** during your punk/rock show these days.

**(read: shitty and noisy cell phone clips that no one will ever watch)

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    If you think the album sucks, chances are pretty good you're either going to stop coming here, or you're going to complain about incessantly it in the thread that gets started after the album's been released. That's how these things tend to go.
    I love nin. Been a fan since I was 13. I'm over 30 now. It was a hypothetical, I've enjoyed every nin album released but could this be the one that just is meh. Just starting a convo. Hearing the new songs live gives me hope but will the album as a whole have that nin kick. I'm just a pessimist, I think that's part of being a nin fan.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    I love nin. Been a fan since I was 13. I'm over 30 now. It was a hypothetical, I've enjoyed every nin album released but could this be the one that just is meh. Just starting a convo. Hearing the new songs live gives me hope but will the album as a whole have that nin kick. I'm just a pessimist, I think that's part of being a nin fan.
    Sorry about that, don't get me wrong - I'm not trying to shut you down. It sounds you've been a fan about as long as I have, if not longer. With every album that's come out, part of the fanbase breaks away, and new fans discover the band. This happened most dramatically after the Woodstock 94 performance, where NIN went from playing clubs to playing arenas in a matter of weeks. My favorite NIN album is The Downward Spiral (released when I was 14, discovered when I was 15). The Fragile is very close to being a tie for that position, because I was so involved in watching that get released, and I finally got to see the band live after that. I wasn't as into With Teeth, but still enjoyed it, and I liked Year Zero more than With Teeth, the Slip less than Year Zero.

I bet we can find people who have similar tales for each 'era' - folks who think With Teeth is NIN's best album, or Year Zero is NIN's best album. Definitely people who think The Slip is the best album, and more people have been exposed to Ghosts than realize it (creative commons ftw). And there are people who are die-hard NIN fans who will get up front on the rail for multiple shows across multiple continents who will tell you over and over again how much they hate The Slip, or how Year Zero sucks, or how Broken is kind of lame, but they're still going to the shows, and still huge fans.

I think this new album will have moments that will elicit massively different responses from people. On Twitter, I've seen people whine that "Only blind fans on ETS would like Came Back Haunted" and yet I listen to the Korean Ansan festival bootleg and I'm hearing the crowd singing along to the chorus of that song. I think the track's okay, but I know people absolutely love it.

And the fact that we can all get together and shoot the shit about it is great