Page 91 of 528 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 191 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 15838

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BenAkenobi View Post
    i understand not everybody likes “the hand that feeds”, but rubbing it in our faces and calling people you don't know douchebags:
    Oh... I'm not talking about you... I'm talking about genuine overtanned, bulky douchebags with chinese tattoos in the audience. The same ones that were booing at All Time Low in Toronto, punching girls in the pit during March Of The Pigs, talking loudly during The Frail... etc.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Wondering why "Please" hasn't been played live on this tour yet.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Wondering why "Please" hasn't been played live on this tour yet.
    The Great Below as well! Such poignant lyrics.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    Oh... I'm not talking about you... I'm talking about genuine overtanned, bulky douchebags with chinese tattoos in the audience. The same ones that were booing at All Time Low in Toronto, punching girls in the pit during March Of The Pigs, talking loudly during The Frail... etc.
    Oh, that makes it a whole lot clearer. I had no idea about that. I'd also like to say that I also hate the idea of A Warm Place being a bathroom break. WTF? And well... even though bathrooms are and should be a warm place... but still... oh great... the puns just keep on coming with NIN don't they.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-06-2013 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    People act like that? Fucking hell.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I'm guessing they'd be the same ones that seem to be the most excited for Closer, or "just the hard stuff". I've actually heard some fans that mocked the softer songs, while bitching about them IRL too. Those could be the very same people that @Ash512 is referring to. One of my friends at the time at the same NIN concert I went to said he heard somebody say that he hated Hurt and how softer NIN songs were basically weak and boring to him.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I like how Trent has been just adding the line "LET ME VIOLATE YOU!" to the end of All Time Low live. It's like "lol, that's the closest thing you'll be getting to Closer tonight".

Or to make it even funnier, albeit an old image.

Douche: "WHEN WILL YOU PLAY CLOSER?!"

Trent:

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    People act like that? Fucking hell.
    there are definitely people who come into the pit planning on harassing other fans until those fans (who came hours early to get near the front) give up their spots. (i know this because i've heard them talk about it.) i wouldn't make generalizations about how they look or how big of fans they are because anyone can be a douchebag, really. and as obnoxious as the fans that only want to hear a few songs may be, they shouldn't be put in the same group as people that just want to beat up some nerds.

heh. now i feel better about not getting pit this time around. (EDIT: but, man, i really hope the people around me stand up.)
    Last edited by m15a; 10-06-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    Good god, i'm a little late to the party on this...i've been in jail for some dumb shit. I just want to say, GOOD GOD the remixes on i tunes are a fucking TRIP.

OK everybody...ive been gone for a couple of weeks...what did i miss?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    OK everybody...ive been gone for a couple of weeks...what did i miss?
    assuming you were around for the album release, mostly a lot of thumb twiddling waiting for the concerts.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    i saw some footage of one of the Tension
    shows, and i swear it looked and sounded like HEAVEN.

Edit: and did i see some chatter about closer not being in the set list? that would be fuking AWESOME.
    i wanna see frat boy's heads explode because trent didnt play "fuck you like an animal!"
    i guess im kind of a dick for feeling that way but i cant help it
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-06-2013 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    738 Post(s)
    good lord, strange energy. listening to the itunes interview. and look, ^^^^^^^^^

edited at 11:11 pm...not on purpose. Sorry for the double post, y'all, but this synchronicity blows my mind.

I feel like maybe "the lights in the sky have finally arrived!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This may or may not be the place to post this but... What are your guys favourite performances from any one NIN song?

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    In retrospect, I wish I didn't miss out on getting the With Teeth jacket.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
    In retrospect, I wish I didn't miss out on getting the With Teeth jacket.
    With Teeth jacket?
    Is there a pic of some kind?

Also is there a database of nin merch that is viewable online?

EDIT:
    I found the jacket. Man...remember when nin merch was good?

EDIT EDIT: Man, imagine what this jacket would cost if it existed on this tour. No doubt this thing would cost $250
    Last edited by tony.parente; 10-07-2013 at 05:41 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    I freakin' love With Teeth. I think that is my favorite NIN era.

Mentioned
    401 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Man, imagine what this jacket would cost if it existed on this tour. No doubt this thing would cost $250
    I seem to recall this jacket cost a lot more than the Red Kap jacket on which the artwork was printed. Correct me if I'm wrong, but this was at least $75, right?

re: A database of nin merch - http://www.ninshirts.com is a work in progress on that front, but admittedly, I have a lot of progress to make beyond the initial burst of activity.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Talking of tv appearances, I just find it bizarre that TR was prepared to do so much press for the Social Network film / score, even including going on Tavis Smiley show, but not so much for NIN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Talking of tv appearances, I just find it bizarre that TR was prepared to do so much press for the Social Network film / score, even including going on Tavis Smiley show, but not so much for NIN
    Agreed - particularly with regard to The Slip - I don't remember him talking about that album at all on TV/radio when it was released.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd like to see a Nine Inch Nails album, EP, or single, that has cover art created by Trent.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I'd imagine a large part of it was that the studio was campaigning for the Oscars, they'd have been putting the appearances together. For all we know, Trent might have had a contractual obligation.

There's also the matter of having two kids now, so he may be less inclined to performing the media circus in between rehearsals, touring, putting new projects together and filling out the paperwork to finally get his own real-life porpoise (as opposed to a dream one, or one that is currently transparent).

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    If there are some of you that really never followed Meathead enough to catch the reference, I'll apologize in advance.

Anyway, thanks to him, I was inevitably reminded of the "I Like Dudes" joke when I saw this. And yes, if I had the chance, I'd get it too.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    As much as I love NIN, I also hate that nervous feeling before concerts too. (Like thoughts of being late, not finding my seat on time, bathroom breaks, which is why I don't really eat/drink before the show.) I'm getting those antsy jitters right now.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Better a live album than a remix one, new band is superb.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    As much as I love NIN, I also hate that nervous feeling before concerts too. (Like thoughts of being late, not finding my seat on time, bathroom breaks, which is why I don't really eat/drink before the show.) I'm getting those antsy jitters right now.
    I totally understand. I've been planning my timing schedule when I go see NIN in November. I'm gonna have to rush home from work, take a super quick shower and leave. It's a 2 hour drive to Los Angeles excluding traffic. I want to get there and have plenty of time. Hopefully, I will be able to meet some people from here too and I want to stick around to see if they do a M&G after the show. Do they do that? I want to catch Ilan so bad.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Now it's making me sort of "Wish" that there was some sort of "Broken" mix/mash-up with Only live.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    There really should've been an "And it's dawn." meme pic for ETS.

The word for also looked better being used too. I just noticed it recently, and I felt like squeezing it in here.

Last edited by Halo Infinity; 10-09-2013 at 01:21 PM. Reason: For sort of sounded a bit better than in. =P

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    There really should've been an "And it's dawn." meme pic for ETS.

haha I'm the same.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SarahConnor View Post
    Better a live album than a remix one, new band is superb.
    This also got me thinking of hoping for an AATCHB of this decade with it's own Still, but with a YZ+HM sound.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    haha I'm the same.
    I'm obviously glad to see that I'm not alone. And on top of that, I feel very at home to be around Nine Inch Nails fans, Nintendo fans, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle fans, Seinfeld fans, and fans of any other kinds of bands and shows I like. I still feel like I should cut it out though. Not that I've been giving trouble, or getting it, but yeah, doing this shit until dawn is not good when you need to get up and go early in the morning for work/school.

Don't get me wrong though, as it's been great on both ETS and NIN.com, but like social-networking sites, even forums can be like Internet crack. (I'm really thinking about making a "Random ETS Thoughts" thread too. If anybody wants to beat me to it, please feel very free to do so.)