Page 313 of 530 FirstFirst ... 213 263 303 311 312 313 314 315 323 363 413 ... LastLast
Results 9,361 to 9,390 of 15882

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    HTDA was probably done just to make the wife happy. Now they've got 3 boys so that project is on indefinite hiatus, but considering Q joined NIN on stage for a few dates, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up on a NIN album doing background vocals or whatnot.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Why hasn't trent covered this yet? I mean come on, it would be perfect.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ultimatebdp View Post
    HTDA was probably done just to make the wife happy. Now they've got 3 boys so that project is on indefinite hiatus, but considering Q joined NIN on stage for a few dates, I wouldn't be surprised if she ended up on a NIN album doing background vocals or whatnot.
    i really, really hate it when people refer to someone's spouse or partner as "THE wife". it always comes off sexist and really disrespectful. and a lot of people around here do it, always while putting down mariqueen.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i really, really hate it when people refer to someone's spouse or partner as "THE wife". it always comes off sexist and really disrespectful. and a lot of people around here do it, always while putting down mariqueen.
    Yeah, that shit drives me crazy. Also, Trent said on several occasions before How To Destroy Angels was formed that he was interested in working with a female vocalist. I doubt Trent was thinking "Well, I'm married now, so I'd better make a band to put my wife in."

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    calling her "the wife" is better than calling her Yoko....

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    calling her "the wife" is better than calling her Yoko....
    We know you're just jealous that Trent didn't marry you and stay on hard drugs, but seriously, chill with the bullshit already.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have a question for @billpulsipher:

Why the are you on ETS in the first place?
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 10-20-2016 at 07:20 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I have a question for @billpulsipher:

Why the are you on ETS in the first place?
    Oh oh! I know this one!

It's because people keep feeding him!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    Oh oh! I know this one!

It's because people keep feeding him!
    I'm not feeding anybody. I'm no Chef. If he finds enjoyment out of this then that's sad, that's all I'm trying to say.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    Interview about Before the Flood
    http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/gre...ks-about-flood

Some NIN thoughts, he says in this that he hadnt worked on vocal pieces with Atticus since HM so either NIN is only just being worked on or Atticus is not involved with the new NIN or it is instrumental?
    Hopefully Atticus is not involved with the new NIN

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Hopefully Atticus is not involved with the new NIN
    Out of interest who would you like to see produce NIN if Trent shakes it up a bit?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Out of interest who would you like to see produce NIN if Trent shakes it up a bit?

The Haxan Cloak, The Bug, Christoffer Berg, Andy Stott or Adrain Sherwood

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    +1 for The Haxan Cloak. I'd mention Lopatin, but I really have no idea how that'd turn out (I'm aware of the remix, but that's not the same thing imo)

Oh, and since we're putting Andy Stott, I'd love to see Tim Hecker give it a go.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Interview about Before the Flood
    http://www.sierraclub.org/sierra/gre...ks-about-flood

Some NIN thoughts, he says in this that he hadnt worked on vocal pieces with Atticus since HM so either NIN is only just being worked on or Atticus is not involved with the new NIN or it is instrumental?
    I cannot follow this theory....

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Dr.Dre. I'm not that big of a fan of his but I think they could do interesting stuff together providing Dre stayed as just a producer like he did on Even Deeper

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Trailer for Logan uses Johnny Cash's version of Hurt
    As much as I love Cash's version of Hurt, this is SUCH a cliche now.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    ^

Great interview.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    As for a "new" producer, anyone who can talk him into using more of the traditional analog instruments rather than something that feels nearly completely made from an iMac.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    As for a "new" producer, anyone who can talk him into using more of the traditional analog instruments rather than something that feels nearly completely made from an iMac.
    The problem is not the lack of traditional analog instruments, but the way they still make it all sound like Garageband with "glitchy & noisy" patches.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Oh god - here comes the morons on social media talking about much they love this Johnny Cash song...
    Trailer for Logan uses Johnny Cash's version of Hurt

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    with "glitchy & noisy" patches.
    And let's not forget the pressing of an "air can" noise.

I just want some more beats that sound like it came from traditional drums. HM had next to none of that.
    Last edited by Krazy; 10-20-2016 at 01:28 PM.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    I cannot follow this theory....
    After listening to the Zane Lowe interview just ignore what I said, I just assumed if NIN was coming out this year they'd have been working on it already and near completion so when he said he hadnt worked on any vocals with Atticus since HM I was Eh? However from this interview god knows when anything will be released

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pyract View Post
    Has anybody heard this song by Derek Lamb called Nine Inch Nails? I just got his record "She Was Poor But She Was Honest" released in 1962.
    Discogs: http://www.discogs.com/Derek-Lamb-She-Was-Poor-But-She-Was-Honest/release/1551804

What in the hell?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    so when he said he hadnt worked on any vocals with Atticus since HM I was Eh? However from this interview god knows when anything will be released
    Or maybe new NIN does not involve Atticus?

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SchwarzerAbt View Post
    Or maybe new NIN does not involve Atticus?
    Nope. He specifically said they're working on new stuff.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by joplinpicasso View Post
    What in the hell?
    I guess Trent's band name isn't as unique as we thought.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    After listening to the Zane Lowe interview just ignore what I said, I just assumed if NIN was coming out this year they'd have been working on it already and near completion so when he said he hadnt worked on any vocals with Atticus since HM I was Eh? However from this interview god knows when anything will be released
    i would be really surprised if they were not close to having something completed. I just assume if they were still in the writing phase he would not have alluded to something coming out this year. Why not just say, we won't have anything out this year. If it were up to me I would release The Fragile deluxe and then a new album.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    Sexist and disrespectful? Never been called that before. I thought the conversation would go down the path on whether folks had a problem with Q appearing on a NIN album, not that I used the word "the" instead of "his." Personally, I like her and don't have a problem with her appearing on a NIN album with the hubby. *Damn, there I go being all sexist and disrespectful again*

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    Yeah, that shit drives me crazy. Also, Trent said on several occasions before How To Destroy Angels was formed that he was interested in working with a female vocalist. I doubt Trent was thinking "Well, I'm married now, so I'd better make a band to put my wife in."
    Hear me out, BRos. She quits West Indian Girl when they got married, so she becomes a vocalist without a band...married to an amazing producer who had just put his band on indefinite hiatus...who had also talked about doing a project with a female vocalist, but it never came about. If I were her, I'd be all over his ass to see what a collaboration could produce!! If I were him, I would think the easiest person to get along with and do such a project would be his VOCALIST WIFE. No? Ever been married? If not, you'll see. There's truth to the saying, "Happy wife, happy life." TR knows.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I guess file this under random NIN thoughts..I'm getting exhausted already reading/hearing Trent interviews rambling on about climate control and politics and Trump etc...is he REALLY turning into Bono? I think he's been hanging around his Hollywood millionaire friends for too long...I dont give a fuck about his political views (or ANY musicians/actors views for that matter)...Please Trent..Don't turn into THAT guy....that musician who never shuts the fuck up about politics.