Page 529 of 529 FirstFirst ... 29 429 479 519 527 528 529
Results 15,841 to 15,870 of 15870

Thread: Random NIN Thoughts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Trent is probably really pissed off with the world right now. Maybe we'll get a nice angry new album soon.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Stealth View Post
    I feel like it has been a while since we got some cool/new NIN merch. So much of the online merch store right now is the basic logo design. I really liked the new designs that came with the Trilogy/EP's from 2016-18. Give us some new PHM and Broken designs or variants.
    I'm surprised they haven't done more TDS stuff given the 30th anniversary. Yes, there was the Welcome colab, but reissuing some old designs or making a few new ones seems like a fairly easy thing that could be done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I really wanted some Further Down The Spiral shirts, the one shirt with moths, or the white variant of the classic TDS shirt. Thankfully I got a FDTS shirt from a different website but still.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    NIN boots? Bruh just repress year zero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it’s getting a bit weird with all those weird brand collabs

Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    NIN boots? Bruh just repress year zero.
    somewhere out there, fake danny lohner is validated by these nin docs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiger_Stealth View Post
    I feel like it has been a while since we got some cool/new NIN merch. So much of the online merch store right now is the basic logo design. I really liked the new designs that came with the Trilogy/EP's from 2016-18. Give us some new PHM and Broken designs or variants.

NIN boots lmaooo

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Feeling like Tyrone Biggums fiending for new NIN

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Watching And all that could have been DVD again today. I usually watch it at least a couple times a year and it always takes me back but never feels dated. I really liked The Fragile when it was released and it became my favorite album after just a few listens. The DVD had a huge impact on me, the energy and the visuals that went along with the live versions of songs from The Fragile. La Mer into The Great Below are amazing and this version of The Mark Has Been Made is so heavy and powerful. I still wish they would have added Reptile to the track listing since bringing up the secret menu is a pain in the ass. This DVD is still my favorite live footage of any band ever.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by snichols View Post
    Watching And all that could have been DVD again today. I usually watch it at least a couple times a year and it always takes me back but never feels dated. I really liked The Fragile when it was released and it became my favorite album after just a few listens. The DVD had a huge impact on me, the energy and the visuals that went along with the live versions of songs from The Fragile. La Mer into The Great Below are amazing and this version of The Mark Has Been Made is so heavy and powerful. I still wish they would have added Reptile to the track listing since bringing up the secret menu is a pain in the ass. This DVD is still my favorite live footage of any band ever.
    Someone needs to add Reptile back in, and perhaps TDTWWA since the last half is live, and then upscale it to 1080p as a downloadable file. Obviously there are copyright concerns, but it's out of print anyway and it's not like stuff like this hasn't been flying under the radar for years.

I thought Rob Sheridan's proof of concept 4K upscaling of the trailer and Just Like You Imagined would have gotten a few people interested in doing this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hope one day Trent & Co release an official live album / DVD from the Self Destruct tour. I love the rawness of Closure and respect the approach - especially after seeing the leaked pro shot video, but I'm hoping one day we get an official high quality release. Just an epic time when the band was at its most chaotic!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fwhunnercun View Post
    I hope one day Trent & Co release an official live album / DVD from the Self Destruct tour. I love the rawness of Closure and respect the approach - especially after seeing the leaked pro shot video, but I'm hoping one day we get an official high quality release. Just an epic time when the band was at its most chaotic!
    If there was a good time to release something like that, it would be now. But I'm betting nothing like that is ever going to come out. I think Closure is the best we're getting.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Isn’t there still the caveat that anything from that era has to be Interscope approved?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpiusdiamond View Post
    Isn’t there still the caveat that anything from that era has to be Interscope approved?
    Yeah. That's likely the main reason that leaked footage was removed so quickly, because Interscope/Universal owns it.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Got the H&M TDS shirt. The cut is not very flattering but that’s disguised under an over shirt or jacket so I’ll probably keep it especially because of the price. Also green Is a good colour on me and it’s so rare to get a band shirt that isn’t black

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    The flurry of activity around the dms actually prompted me to listen to some nin for the first time in a while, my word bad witch is excellent!

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    (Mobile skin edit = delete strikes again!)

RE AATCHB, I’ve been (slowly) working out how to capture my copy (PAL) and put it in a more convenient form. Probably MKV containing both discs content, but I want to try and preserve the menus as well.

The disc is not region locked but it is CSS scrambled. libdvdcss2 and dvdbackup seem to work to take a 1:1 copy (handbrake will always transcode video which is not what I want at the moment)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    If you're concerned about the most image fidelity, you might want to track down an NTSC copy instead then, since your copy has already undergone an NTSC > PAL conversion.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Aargh!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I went to a gallery yesterday here in Sydney that had a collection of photos taken by Jonathan Rach during the Self-Destruct tour on display! It was so awesome! There were so many iconic shots, they really capture the intense whirlwind vibe of that era. There were NIN-focused magazine covers on display too, as well as really cool David Bowie and Lou Reed photos from 1995. It was nice to see some shots from the 2018 LA gigs there as well.

https://www.behindthegallery.com.au/...ownward-spiral

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I'm a bit sad that all of the recent NIN activity is entirely focused on TDS (skateboard, boots, TR's recent pic with album art) while PHM and Fragile are completely forgotten.
    Come 2029, it looks like everyone will still celebrate TDS x 35, instead of PHM x 40 or The Fragile x 30.

I'm glad that there's a record that influenced everyone in the 90s, but what about people that grew up a bit later? My entry into NIN was The Fragile and for the first 2 or 3 years that was basically the only NIN record I knew. So TDS will never fill that role of big musical revelation in the formative years for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm a bit sad that all these recent NIN events are entirely focused on TDS (skateboard, boots, TR's recent pic with album art) while PHM and Fragile are completely forgotten.
    Come 2029, it looks like everyone will still celebrate TDS x 35, instead of PHM x 40 or The Fragile x 30.

I'm glad that there's a record that influenced everyone in the 90s, but what about people that grew up a bit later? My entry into NIN was The Fragile and for the first 2 or 3 years that basically the only NIN record I knew. So TDS will never fill that role of big musical revelation in the formative years for me. I'm sure I'm not alone in this.
    I agree, and I am hopeful that come 2029, The Fragile will get some of the same attention. I became a fan in '95 when I got a copy of Further Down The Spiral from a friend. So while I was around when The Perfect Drug and Closure came out, The Fragile was the first album that I experienced from its release. It's my favorite album by any band and one that I have deep connection to.

1999 was a really special time to be a NIN fan. Even though I wasn't around in '94 for the lead up to TDS coming out, I do think the hype and anticipation surrounding the release of The Fragile and even later in that era with the tours and AATCHB release was unlike anything else in NIN's catalog, before or since. It was the perfect time of peak MTV coverage and the old media machine paying attention to a band like Nine Inch Nails, something that I don't think happened in the same way even when With Teeth came out. It was also the around the same time that the internet was starting to become an important part of our culture and NIN really used that to maximum effect with nin.com and how they teased the release but also connected with the fan base.

This year is the 25th anniversary of The Fragile's release, but TDS didn't get much attention during it's 25th, so I don't see that happening for The Fragile. I would guess if they have anything else planned for this year, it's likely TDS related.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Listening to YZ today and remembered that initial cryptic couple of posts Trent made about Parepin. I remember thinking, "Damn, my favorite artist might have lost his mind and become a conspiracy nutter." What a ride his post signaled...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    I’ve been listening and thinking to NIN a lot in the last month, as a response to a “life event”‘ I’m subjected to. I’m ok that there’s nothing new out there. The back catalogue is rich and deep enough that I can enjoy it without feeling it’s tapped out (which is remarkable given how much I listened to it in the past). In recent times for me the most surprising and exciting release was NTAE, and when they decloak next time I hope they can capture lightning in a bottle a bit like that again.

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    This sound effect used to scare the shit out of me when I played Star Wars on the N64.

Petition to have it sampled in a future NIN song somehow:

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Erneuert View Post
    This sound effect used to scare the shit out of me when I played Star Wars on the N64.
    Sounds like Shadows of the Empire??

Mentioned
    188 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Sounds like Shadows of the Empire??
    haha, yep. That sewer kraken was terrifying too.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    happy 30th anniversary to NIN Woodstock 94, the greatest rock performance ever, IMO

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Strange to listen to "No One Ever Does" on Niggy Tardust just now and hear that ebow/atmospheric guitar sound in the background that TR really leaned on heavily in the soundtrack work, popping up about four years early. I associate it with Dragon Tattoo now, pretty much!

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    I wish I wasn't making all my contributions to this forum solely about American politics, because Lord knows I've had quite enough of it but uh... it's 2024, so here we are.

Anyhow, encountering him by chance through another group, I just made the mistake of clicking on the Facebook profile for Tom Baker (the mastering engineer who remastered NIN's Definitive Edition series), and I think perhaps part of the reason why they haven't been doing more mastering/remastering with the guy since 2020 is... he's gone full Fox News. Like, 75% of his posts are MAGA shit. Ironically, he has George Orwell for his profile pic. Yikes yikes yikes...
    Last edited by botley; 08-15-2024 at 09:57 AM.