Page 39 of 99 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,170 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    Eh, I guess I might as well just wait for the single day tickets to open up. Only reason I am going is for NIN.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Has anyone gone through the NIN tour history pages and tried to extrapolate a rough US itinerary for this fall based on the announced festival stops?

Seeing as how they're playing Philly at the end of August (or 9/1) and the next announced date is the Voodoo show in New Orleans in November, I'm guessing that in between is where we'll see a bunch of arena dates.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Think by late summer we'll start to get some fall arena dates possibly announced?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    Think by late summer we'll start to get some fall arena dates possibly announced?
    I would hope by early summer....

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    We'll get the dates in June. Arena dates are usually released about 3 months before the tour stars to give it enough time to sell.
    The arena tour will start early to mid September and end at The Voodoo fest in NOLA in November

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post
    Has anyone gone through the NIN tour history pages and tried to extrapolate a rough US itinerary for this fall based on the announced festival stops?

Seeing as how they're playing Philly at the end of August (or 9/1) and the next announced date is the Voodoo show in New Orleans in November, I'm guessing that in between is where we'll see a bunch of arena dates.
    Like this? http://goo.gl/maps/b1dyc

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Not quite. I was thinking more along the lines of forecasting approximate dates/cities based on previous tour schedules and how well those markets sold. If they didn't sell out a show in a particular city, is it likely they would schedule another show in that market? Also, are those arenas already booked for events in the fall?

That said, I think @ManBurning probably has the best estimation so far.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    These festival dates are making me a little nervous. If they are playing outside lands at huge prices in San Francisco, can the realistically book oracle arena a month or two later without even a new album? I was planning to drive to LA for any special small venue shows, but I was really hoping for Oakland and Sacramento arena shows as I have no interest in seeing them at a festival. We'll see how it goes I guess.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    $10 says they'll be performing at Edgefest as well. Every single show of theirs is a festival. Ansan Valley Festival is on 28th July. Edgefest is on July 31st. Lollapalooza is on August 2nd. They can literally drive down from Toronto to Chicago.

In fact, expect quite a few bands playing at Lollapalooza to perform at Edgefest. They don't have a final lineup set, and their current lineup is one of the worst I've ever seen so expect some AAA-bands to headline it. For the curious ones, this is the current lineup: http://www.edge.ca/edgefest/
    Last edited by shagg_187; 04-17-2013 at 08:01 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So I stop in to chat with my boss today about shows that are coming up & he tells me that NIN in Winnipeg is going to be announced today or tomorrow. How much truth is there to that? I guess we shall see.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Is anyone here familiar with how Outside Lands sets up its line-up? Specifically, do headliners such as NIN, perform all three days or does each day have a different headliner? I couldn't find any information on which specific day(s) NIN was performing on the Outside Lands website. Thanks.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Is anyone here familiar with how Outside Lands sets up its line-up? Specifically, do headliners such as NIN, perform all three days or does each day have a different headliner? I couldn't find any information on which specific day(s) NIN was performing on the Outside Lands website. Thanks.
    Each day will have a different headliner, so NIN will only play one night. The day they perform will be announced closer to the fest date when the set times are released.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JessicaSarahS View Post
    Each day will have a different headliner, so NIN will only play one night. The day they perform will be announced closer to the fest date when the set times are released.
    Okay, thanks.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    $10 says they'll be performing at Edgefest as well.
    $20 says they won't be there.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post
    So I stop in to chat with my boss today about shows that are coming up & he tells me that NIN in Winnipeg is going to be announced today or tomorrow. How much truth is there to that? I guess we shall see.
    For what festival?

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MAD View Post
    For what festival?
    There are no festivals in Winnipeg (I would know, i'm originally from there).

Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post

It's complete nonsense unless it's part of the arena tour and your boss has some secret inside connections to the powers that be at the MTS Centre, but even then I doubt they would have told him to let it slip like that. The band will be the one to release the dates, but I guarentee they will not do it while on the road w/ HTDA. They will wait until they ae back from their HTDA tour before releasing the dates.

I don't anticipate there being many (if any) at all Canadian dates this run at all. I have a feeling this is going to be a US exclusive tour, with of course maybe Toronto thrown in there and slight chance of Montreal if a Toronto one is there. But as for the prairies and western Canada, we'll have to wait for 2014. Of course, I hope i'm wrong... but i'm already prepairing to hit up a whole string of west coast dates.

I'm probably gonna hit Seattle, Portland, LA and whatever else happens to be in the way up and down along the coast. It would be nice to have a local show though so I could go with my friends who can't travel. One NIN fanetic is having his first child this spring, he is begging for a Vancouver fall date. Another friend I have is also praying for a Vancouver date, but he said he's willing to travel to at least Seattle with me for a show if the timing is right.

Guess we'll just patientlly wait for these dates... Shouldn't be too much longer, another month to month and a half and they'll be out.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    $20 says they won't be there.
    *tosses money into empty hat*

Truth be told, the only other festival in Toronto was Virgin Festival, and they've died an undesirable death. Or maybe a part of me wishes they would just come to Toronto this year...
    Last edited by shagg_187; 04-18-2013 at 07:59 AM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by shagg_187 View Post
    *tosses money into empty hat*

Truth be told, the only other festival in Toronto was Virgin Festival, and they've died an undesirable death. Or maybe a part of me wishes they would just come to Toronto this year...
    Edgefest hasn't been that good in over a decade as well. But maybe that's just me getting older. I look at the lineup now and it's pure rubbish, not a single known act on there. I remember when Edgefest toured the whole country in the late 90's, that was the peak of the festival, good times! Edgefest '98 was my first concert ever.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    If the fall U.S. tour is already booked, which I assume it is and probably was when TR made the announcement at the end of February, there is no reason dates won't be announced in a couple of weeks. The longer tickets are on sale the more tickets they will sell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    No idea if this has been mentioned in this thread or another, but wouldn't it be completely possible for Karen O to join Trent for the Immigrant Song at Outside Lands?!

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PQHooligan View Post
    No idea if this has been mentioned in this thread or another, but wouldn't it be completely possible for Karen O to join Trent for the Immigrant Song at Outside Lands?!
    I would die from the awesomeness. @_@

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Rumours now flying around that NIN will play Oxegen in Ireland on August 4th. We'll know for sure in 24 hours.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Rumours now flying around that NIN will play Oxegen in Ireland on August 4th. We'll know for sure in 24 hours.
    I reckon it might be false. They're playing Lollapalooza on the 2nd as far as I'm aware and it's a great journey to just fly to Ireland for a one off at a gradually degrading festival.

edit: Also take into consideration that Pendulum are massively rumoured to headline, and Pendulum don't even exist anymore.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCmuse View Post
    I reckon it might be false. They're playing Lollapalooza on the 2nd as far as I'm aware and it's a great journey to just fly to Ireland for a one off at a gradually degrading festival.

edit: Also take into consideration that Pendulum are massively rumoured to headline, and Pendulum don't even exist anymore.
    Yeah, I just put it out there. That leaked lineup has Lady Gaga on after NIN.
    1) I highly doubt that festival could afford her.
    2) She's fucking learning how to walk again, basically.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pendulum still exist as a DJ set act featuring Paul Harding and Ben Mount. Knife Party are the "other half" of what was Pendulum (Rob Swire and Gareth McGrillen). So, yes, a DJ set by what is left of Pendulum could headline that festival. I'm pretty sure NIN will not be there.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Considering they are playing Outside Lands festival in San Fran the weekend after lolla, I doubt they are gonna fly over to Ireland from Chicago, just to fly back to the USA again for Outside Lands.

I predict they play Lolla, fly home for a week to relax with the wife and kids, and then head to San Fran for OSL and then back overseas for the rest of the festivals, then back to America for that Made in America festival in PA, maybe another short family break/rest before the USA fall tour starts in mid September.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Didn't know they still existed as a DJ set, that's pretty cool! I love fake lineups though and seeing people get excited. A guy I know started going crazy at a lineup that had Daft Punk and the Arctic Monkeys. Then he asked me "Who are Rise Against The Machine?".. safe to say I nearly split my sides laughing. Whoever made that poster completely fucked up and actually listed "Rise Against The Machine" on their poster. hah

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    How many more European dates are you expecting for this summer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by laci View Post
    How many more European dates are you expecting for this summer?
    i think this is it.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Oh god, I wish NIN were playing Oxegen, but with the actual confirmed lineup. I don't think anyone could force themselves to go to it.