Page 47 of 99 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 97 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,410 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The Finckster! And he looks so thrilled to be there. :P

I love Raw-bin. I'm so happy he's back! I missed his singing... and I hate his singing.

YAY!!!

Now bring back Lohner and Jay-rome.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    anyone who disses this is insane...this is great news...be thankful fucking Aaron North isn't coming back

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    andddddddd enthusiasm deflated
    love the hell out of finck, but this is looking like old NIN
    Man, they should get rid of that Trent dude, he's the oldest NIN member ya know

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Man, they should get rid of that Trent dude, he's the oldest NIN member ya know
    its refreshing that he's no longer the old man in the band, though

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Imaginary love cake for everyone!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I love Robin, but I also love Josh Eustis. Does this mean he got reappropriated from synths to bass? That's unfortunate.

At least we still have Alessandro...

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beta View Post
    that reminds me of this german guy who also was already rehearsing with nin. i think it was for fragility tour. do you remember his name? i cant find anything about him anymore, but I'm sure i had some info about him some years ago...
    Ralf Dietel was is name and he apparently was in the band for apporx. 30 days. It's hard to come by any info, but I remember a quite lenghty interview with him. Don't know if he would have been a good fit, but there must have been something about him to have taken that spot and being in talks with TR.

And yay for Robin! This is always good news!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    be thankful fucking Aaron North isn't coming back
    Yeah, one guitar virtuoso is enough.
    *narrows eyes*

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Have to say, whichever way you spin it, Robin would not have been back in the band if Eric hadn't left, so I dont buy the 'didn't feel like NIN' line. Even so, delighted he's back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    If that photo is anything to go by, it looks like Eustis is playing bass.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yayy Robin is back!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I don't think Eric leaving has anything to do with Robin...Robin isn't playing bass.....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm amazed I didn't realize Eric Avery had already left... suprised they got Robin rearranged after such a short time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I think Josh Eustis was meant to play second guitar to Belew, and now that Eric left Josh moved to bass and Robin is playing the second guitar

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jaypayton View Post
    I don't think Eric leaving has anything to do with Robin...Robin isn't playing bass.....
    Are you for real here? Trent would be completely stupid to have Robin on anything besides guitar, so Josh gets bumped to bass.

It's not like they're going to be playing these instruments for the entire show anyway. There'll hopefully be a lot of instrument-switching throughout the set.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    josh is an extremely talented multi-instrumentalist. from what i have gathered being a TTA fan, most of the actual bass on the records was him playing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    Have to say, whichever way you spin it, Robin would not have been back in the band if Eric hadn't left, so I dont buy the 'didn't feel like NIN' line. Even so, delighted he's back.
    I think most fans are glad with the news but not really surprised. I used to think robin would join the band after the american leg. Actually, I think Robin is always considered by trent as a good replacement to join the band anytime

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    We all know it's gonna be someone who was never mentioned here. Just like always.
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Im wondering if this entire thread has forgotten the part about Trent "reinventing" NIN when you all list the "obvious choices" of past NIN members. 50% of the 6 person lineup is already past members!
    You guys were saying...
    Starting to look like "old" nails, rather than a "reinvented" nails.

Either way...
    it's not Danny Lohner, but it's the next best thing. I'm happy with this news. I love Robin Finck, and it's gonna make this tour that much more exciting to attend.
    I'd personally rather have an older member of NIN join again rather than a fresh face. I know these guys are all just hired hands, but I still feel Robin can bring more to NIN than Eric would havec

Eric doesn't seem like he was a good fit for NIN. Just the guys attitude and previous estranged history with Jane's Addiction. Nothing against the guy, he's a great bass player. I just didn't see him as a good fit, and he probably realized that himself after a week of rehearsals.

As Trent said, better now than midway through the tour. He's been down that road of troubling musicians half way through his tour before, this is not a tour where he's gonna want to go down that road again. Robin is a good choice as he is reliable among an amazing musician and a classic member of NIN.

Those are my thoughts anyway, and like I said, I embrace this change very openly and excitingly!
    Last edited by ManBurning; 05-17-2013 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Saw the news and the pictures after I got off work today, I'm just as excited as all of you!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I guess this means... guitar duel-off between Robin and Adrian!!!! Oh, that's going to be... sweet!!!!!!

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    He never said anything about reinventing NIN. That's taking the quote too far.

vvv I was thinking of the NME quote. Thanks for that!
    Last edited by jessamineny; 05-17-2013 at 02:19 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    He never said anything about reinventing NIN. That's taking the quote too far.
    huh?
    "The band is reinventing itself from scratch"
    http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-tren...2013-and-2014/

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i mentioned this before: the members involved do not necessarily dictate that this tour is reverting to the same classic live show we've seen a million times. a versatile musician can reinvent a song based on his/her own talents and limitations. robin was playing pedal steels on the final tours, as JMJ was often playing contrabass during 'lights in the sky' and of course, all the ghosts material in 2008. never saw anything like that before at a NIN gig, appreciated it greatly.

i'm not sure what everyone's expecting, though. there's been talks of remixes, acoustic renditions, etc. it could be as simple or drastic or that or perhaps it's a new series of songs that require more challenging live interpretations while some of the classics (burn, as discussed, wish, etc.) stay virtually the same. i know TR had to say something and take some initiative to mix it up in order to justify NIN's return only a few years after retiring (mind you the length of time between wave goodbye and this tour is standard if you check the band's past history), but i wouldn't go crazy thinking it's going to be either this or that. it could be all or none of the above.

long story short, just because you have a lot of the old hands on deck doesn't mean it can't be something new and exciting. it's not like any of these guys are one trick ponies. i'd reserve judgement on the old guys being back in the fold until we hear a rehearsal clip or see footage of a show, and at this point, i think it's a disservice to everyone (and your own sanity) to overthink stuff like this anyway.

also, i wouldn't underestimate adrian belew...

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)
    I am so confused. Is Robin on Bass or is it Josh? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Fucking Eric Avery leaves the bass position open and suddenly Robin is back with two people playing Bass with Trent on a 6 string.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    one evening Adrian handles guitar, another evening Robin, then Joshua picks up...

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I am so confused. Is Robin on Bass or is it Josh? WHAT THE FUCK IS GOING ON

Fucking Eric Avery leaves the bass position open and suddenly Robin is back with two people playing Bass with Trent on a 6 string.

uh, what? guitars have six strings. trent plays guitars. robin seems to be playing guitar. josh is definitely holding a bass.

http://nin.com/ninrobin.jpg

this means three potential guitarists- but trent doesn't always play guitar on every song. and three guitarists in a band isn't unheard of. and who knows, as above, if everyone is going to stick to standard roles. may be a few multi-instrument swapping moments.

stop driving yourselves crazy!
    Last edited by frankie teardrop; 05-17-2013 at 02:46 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Avery was the NIN bassist right?

So they lose a bassist and add a guitarist? I see Eustis in the background with a bass...a little confused as to why they added Finck when they needed a bass player...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Awesome news! But Finck's hair looks TOO normal.

Add me to the list of Lohner lovers. I'd love to see him back in NIN, I'd even forgive him for working with Hollywood Undead for that to happen.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    Avery was the NIN bassist right?

So they lose a bassist and add a guitarist? I see Eustis in the background with a bass...a little confused as to why they added Finck when they needed a bass player...
    maybe it was more prudent to swap roles to accomodate for someone who's already familiar with the music and gets on well with everyone than risk bringing someone new in at this point in the game. eustis being a multi-instrumentalist means he's easily swappable if he's game for it, which he obviously was.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by frankie teardrop View Post
    this means three potential guitarists- but trent doesn't always play guitar on every song. and three guitarists in a band isn't unheard of. and who knows, as above, if everyone is going to stick to standard roles. may be a few multi-instrument swapping moments.
    Ally has played guitar on a couple of songs before as well, maybe it means he can focus on getting all robotronic.