Page 4 of 99 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 14 54 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    It's also possible that the announcement of a new NIN album/tour/something could bring even more attention to HTDA... bonus, spillage, etc. (Someone who would read right past a story about some band they've never heard of called How to Destroy Angels happens upon a story about a new NIN tour. Starts reading. Sees that Trent Reznor dude has a new band? With his wife? Clicks Soundcloud link. Success.)
    Definitely. TR did say that there were a few other things coming down the pipeline that'll impact whether or not HTDA did more shows in the foreseeable future, so why couldn't a potential NIN tour be one of those things?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yeah, Trent might just be using the mini HTDA tour as a like a "warm up" round for a big NIN tour, i mean it's been years since he last played live.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I don't see Trent using HTDA as a warm up, because that solidifies it as a "fun side-project", and he seems to have been trying very hard to avoid that branding the past couple of years.

Or maybe I just don't actually want that to happen. HTDA should have the entire year to themselves without having to play side-show to NIN, which, by the way, would most likely not be touring on a single second of new music.

No, Tetsuo and the shitty U2 cover don't count.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I don't see Trent using HTDA as a warm up, because that solidifies it as a "fun side-project", and he seems to have been trying very hard to avoid that branding the past couple of years.

Or maybe I just don't actually want that to happen. HTDA should have the entire year to themselves without having to play side-show to NIN, which, by the way, would most likely not be touring on a single second of new music.

No, Tetsuo and the shitty U2 cover don't count.
    I dunno about a "warm up." But one guy touring two bands would be good for exposure for both, if he does it right. Like APC and Puscifer. Hell, in my head, I associate those two with each other more than I associate NIN and HTDA anymore. As far as I'm concerned, HTDA is in good hands and is ready to get a leg up all on its own. Trent's definitely establishing it as "not Nine Inch Nails," and you can tell just from listening to the record.

If he's got the bug and he wants to tour HTDA and NIN in the same year, he'll do it in a way he's comfortable with, and if he feels like it's not working out the way he intended, he'll just close up shop for a while again and try something different.

But I'm with you. I think it would be really awesome to have HTDA take some spotlight a bit longer. They have some good momentum going, and I don't see them stopping until things start to slow down, then it'll likely be break time and back to the drawing board. Or mixing board. Whatever!

But man, seeing "Tetsuo" live would make my balls implode, THEN explode.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm most likely wrong, but in some sense to me:

TR/HTDA/NIN + Adrian Belew + Bowie = A great fucking tour!

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Shit yea if TR does tour as NIN in the near future, Tetsuo NEEDS to be in that setlist. I think it would kill as an opener, especially given the layoff and the epic ending of the track. I also really hope if he does come back, he uses it as a transitional medium for fans of the live show, building to the eventual playing of score shows, or simply playing as Trent Reznor live, with him playing the occasional different arrangement of a nin song or one of their instrumentals alongside tracks from TSN or TGWTDT or whatever else he does in the future. Forget the hits, forget some of the forced aggression, just TR playing the best show musically possible. I would hate to turn this into a dream setlist thread, but something more along the lines of Tetsuo, instrumentals from Still, tracks like Another Version of the Truth, The Four of Us are Dying, Demon Seed with some Ruiners, The Day The World Went Aways, and Mr. Self Destructs thrown in along the way would be preferred for me than belting out THTF, Only, Survivalism, etc another couple hundred times. Point being, if you are going to bring it back, have it be in somewhat of a new direction with some new songs (be it never before played live or from a new record, or both); I think I would get a lot more excited about that than even if it were to be to a Fragile tour (although obviously that would be pretty mindblowing too).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    shitty U2 cover don't count.
    I couldn't disagree more, thought it was inspired for how different it was from the original! Anyhoo, opinions eh...!?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AgentofChaos View Post
    Shit yea if TR does tour as NIN in the near future, Tetsuo NEEDS to be in that setlist. I think it would kill as an opener, especially given the layoff and the epic ending of the track. I also really hope if he does come back, he uses it as a transitional medium for fans of the live show, building to the eventual playing of score shows, or simply playing as Trent Reznor live, with him playing the occasional different arrangement of a nin song or one of their instrumentals alongside tracks from TSN or TGWTDT or whatever else he does in the future. Forget the hits, forget some of the forced aggression, just TR playing the best show musically possible. I would hate to turn this into a dream setlist thread, but something more along the lines of Tetsuo, instrumentals from Still, tracks like Another Version of the Truth, The Four of Us are Dying, Demon Seed with some Ruiners, The Day The World Went Aways, and Mr. Self Destructs thrown in along the way would be preferred for me than belting out THTF, Only, Survivalism, etc another couple hundred times. Point being, if you are going to bring it back, have it be in somewhat of a new direction with some new songs (be it never before played live or from a new record, or both); I think I would get a lot more excited about that than even if it were to be to a Fragile tour (although obviously that would be pretty mindblowing too).
    Couldn't agree more (not about Tetsuo so much), but yes, if he does tour NIN again, it needs to be markedly different from the past, so it doesn't just feel like a cash-in job. Whole Fragile LP is still my guess, assuming the deluxe is on the way, and I'd love that.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Fragility 3.0. I'm down with this.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Bowie has a new album, what about Dissonance 2.0?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Oh damn that would blow my mind.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Bowie has a new album, what about Dissonance 2.0?
    it's too bad Bowie has said he's done with touring.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    it's too bad Bowie has said he's done with touring.
    No offense, but if we are gunna go off what artists say about "being done touring" then why does this thread even exist?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Reznor2112 View Post
    No offense, but if we are gunna go off what artists say about "being done touring" then why does this thread even exist?
    I realize he's said in the past that he was done touring, but hasn't he made statements post-2009 that NIN would play live again someday? Either way, I still kind of wish a mod would change to title to include "rumors" or "pointless speculation" in giant letters so I'd stop getting that little glimmer of hope every time I see it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    Fragility 3.0. I'm down with this.
    Good things come in threes, Trent. If you make it happen, they will come. And probably cum a little bit, too. Or a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I realize he's said in the past that he was done touring, but hasn't he made statements post-2009 that NIN would play live again someday? Either way, I still kind of wish a mod would change to title to include "rumors" or "pointless speculation" in giant letters so I'd stop getting that little glimmer of hope every time I see it.
    He never said that they'd never play live again, just that they were going on hiatus. And yeah, I'm pretty sure he has said he may play live in the future.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Real?
    Last edited by voidnz; 02-24-2013 at 07:04 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Well, Skrillex is spelled wrong

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    if a 2013 tour IS in the cards (i guess that much is confirmed) would he really do festivals?

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Spring 2007 tour was the only recent tour w/o a single festival date. I'd say yes, he would, but not many.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    if a 2013 tour IS in the cards (i guess that much is confirmed) would he really do festivals?
    Just speculating, because he certainly wouldn't need to but I hear the festivals pay really well so the funds could be used to pay for a 'bigger show', and if they planned to be in a city at the same time as a festival, it's a little more income and they get to play to a bigger audience.
    Also, NIN isn't done with music yet, so showcasing themselves to an audience for exposure also would help future record sales.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Who was supposed to direct a nin show in the past? Spielberg or Cameron? Maybe this time one of those guys is less busy, i dunno.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    it was camerons people, not cameron himself IIRC

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Maybe? Original text from the website:

I had an amazing situation lined up that would have allowed me to film the show in 3D with James Cameron’s team for a theatrical release as well as DVD / BluRay, etc.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-tren...2013-and-2014/

NOTE FROM TRENT:Nine Inch Nails are touring this year.
    I was working with Adrian Belew on some musical ideas, which led to some discussion on performing, which led to some beard-scratching, which (many steps later) led to the decision to re-think the idea of what Nine Inch Nails could be, and the idea of playing a show. Calls were made to some friends, lots of new ideas were discussed, and a show was booked - which led to another, which somehow led to a lot of shows.
    The band is reinventing itself from scratch and will be comprised of Eric Avery, Adrian Belew, Alessandro Cortini, Josh Eustis, Ilan Rubin, and me. The first shows will begin this summer, followed by a full-on arena tour of the US this fall, and lots of other dates worldwide to follow through 2014.
    Lots of details and dates to come. See you soon.
    TR

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Wow, reading the news made my heart almost burst out of my chest in the best way possible. This is so amazing. I can't wait.

Almost at a loss of words again for the first time in awhile.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I just came lightning.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    and the Internet has now blown up! HOLY MOTHERFUCKING YES!!!!!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Speaking of blowing up....ETS better brace itself.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Holy fuck.