Page 6 of 99 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Am I looking too much into it or does that "2013" font look oddly familiar to a type used in Fragility promos?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gorny540 View Post
    I'm excited and yes I'll be there in NYC or any date close, but does anyone who saw one of the final Wave Goodbye shows feel a little cheated? I mean those memories are forever but now feel less significant in the overall spectrum of NIN. Don't get me wrong though I'll take this over no NIN any day though
    Hell no. Those shows were awesome but I will never feel cheated by more NIN shows.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    I'm excited and yes I'll be there in NYC or any date close, but does anyone who saw one of the final Wave Goodbye shows feel a little cheated? I mean those memories are forever but now feel less significant in the overall spectrum of NIN. Don't get me wrong though I'll take this over no NIN any day though
    He never said it was the final tour, sheesh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Goose bumps and hairs standing on end, especially the world tour 2014 bit.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm really curious to see what Trent means when he says that NIN has been "reinvented".

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Splendid news about the tour. At least I will have the rest of 2013 to save enough money to see them (hopefully) in the UK in 2014.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post

Am I looking too much into it or does that "2013" font look oddly familiar to a type used in Fragility promos?

I think it resembles PHM, if you ask me

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I get what you're saying, but...
    he's touring with a 60+ year old (living legend!) guitarist, two very talented synth programmers, and a young, mega-talented drummer/multi-instrumentalist. something tells me this isn't going to resemble old NIN at all. We saw the last of old NIN. Long live the New Flesh.

EDIT: and oh yeah, one of the most influential bassists of the last 30 years. (its telling that something THAT big could still be an oversight for me!)
    Last edited by screwdriver; 02-25-2013 at 10:08 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    those guys are hacks compared to this lineup... srsly.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm excited and yes I'll be there in NYC or any date close, but does anyone who saw one of the final Wave Goodbye shows feel a little cheated? I mean those memories are forever but now feel less significant in the overall spectrum of NIN.
    Never - it still felt like the end of an era. I think we all knew deep down that he would get cabin fever eventually and get back out one day. Who knows how he will 1) revamp known songs, 2)revamp the visuals, and 3)maybe have an album or two's material that he'll release and perform.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Now the fangirls get their Alessandro too :P

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yes the excellent lineup is the driving factor behind this, just the fact that it is 6 people on stage is going to be pretty different, should be interesting, thank god Trent freed Ilan from the terrible acts he's been playing with, he's an excellent musician, but seriously a Blink 182 spin off and Paramore?

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I agree that the option of having 2 keyboardists is very interesting. I have my reserves on Belew's stage presence but I will definitely give him a chance. His talent is undeniable.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by staleincense View Post
    I'm really curious to see what Trent means when he says that NIN has been "reinvented".
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    I get what you're saying, but...
    he's touring with a 60+ year old (living legend!) guitarist, two very talented synth programmers, and a young, mega-talented drummer/multi-instrumentalist. something tells me this isn't going to resemble old NIN at all. We saw the last of old NIN. Long live the New Flesh.

EDIT: and oh yeah, one of the most influential bassists of the last 30 years. (its telling that something THAT big could still be an oversight for me!)
    Yeah, I don't want to go on a limb and say it's going to be a more subdued version of NIN live but a new flesh indeed.

This is such a good day y'all.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    With Adrian Belew and Ally, maybe Europe will finally get some Ghosts.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Can we please get Meathead to make a shitty flash cartoon for this now? Then it will really feel like a real announcement.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    This is really fucking exciting news! And i'm so glad he specifically said worldwide in 2014 and I won't have to try and persuade my family to holiday in New York (well there's so much for kids to do there! no ulterior motive honest)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    Can we please get Meathead to make a shitty flash cartoon for this now? Then it will really feel like a real announcement.
    I completely second this! I was watching a lot of the old Meathead cartoons last fall and it got me really nostalgic.

If the Meathead Perspective came back, that would be incredible. Haha.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    OH GOD YES. Now I have to start saving up for a fall trip to the states for me and the mrs. Probably aiming for the east coast - shorter distance. But... anyway. FUCKING GOD YES!!!!!11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    *sigh* There goes the deposit on the nice apartment... ;-)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    YES!
    So the usual rules apply right, US Tour then World Tour
    Gives me chance to save up for the UK leg.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Eris~ View Post
    *sigh* There goes the deposit on the nice apartment... ;-)

Yep, there goes my summer holiday fund!

So, who wants a meet-up?

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    No, I understand what you mean. It's a bit bait and switch. But he's clearly indicating, from his words and from the line-up, that it's going to be something special that brings the band back. And I'm AOK with that.

Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    He never said it was the final tour, sheesh
    "We're not going to tour anymore as Nine Inch Nails." -- Trent Reznor at The Wiltern

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    So, who wants a meet-up?
    They have to pop into the O2 Arena again surely. I'd like to think he had a good time the last time he was there.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

This is wonderful! Bring on 2014!

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Speaking of blowing up....ETS better brace itself.
    They are coming!!!!!

Yeah, seeing it written that it's been 4 years sort of made me actually want to go to another gig. Great live show, probably always.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I am losing my mind. I might have to take a half-day from work!!! (on second thought, I'm gonna need the money!)

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    "We're not going to tour anymore as Nine Inch Nails." -- Trent Reznor at The Wiltern
    And they won't. You'll notice the lineup is very different!

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Usually I've gone up to Montreal for the shows but haven't got "ze necessary papers" for border crossing yet. So either I get off my ass and do that now or stick to Boston as I did once before (where I actually met the band!).

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Does that mean NIN are acctualy playing the fuji rock festival he said first dates in the summer. prehaps some sproradic international dates before u.s tour.