Page 75 of 99 FirstFirst ... 25 65 73 74 75 76 77 85 ... LastLast
Results 2,221 to 2,250 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    But you're NOT shut out of options. Don't buy in the presale. Risk-reward.

Honestly, you'll probably feel better if you stop dreaming up ways that musictoday could run things better for you and go immediately collect the money from your friend.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

It sucks but you're better off one ticket short than stuck with one you can't use.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    But you're NOT shut out of options. Don't buy in the presale. Risk-reward.

Honestly, you'll probably feel better if you stop dreaming up ways that musictoday could run things better for you and go immediately collect the money from your friend.
    hahahaha

Pre-sale tickets cost more than gens and you have less freedom...a prime amount less when something unexpected happens. That's nifty.

I'm not really worried about the money. This is just venting about the system. The system that isn't sound, in my opinion. But I think everything's been covered.

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    It sucks but you're better off one ticket short than stuck with one you can't use.
    I'm confused in how that applies to me.
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-22-2013 at 10:00 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

It applies to you in that others are in a worse position, look on the bright side.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jmtd View Post
    It applies to you in that others are in a worse position, look on the bright side.
    Thank you. I will enjoy the show.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    I've never seen this on a ticketmaster ticket. I wonder how this could be enforced, especially since they wouldn't check IDs for the regular GA line.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ^ It might mean you can't resell the ticket once you are in the venue. Like how some people get a floor wristband and then go find a friend and give the ticket to so they can try and get onto the floor as well. *shrugs* That's my only guess really. Otherwise, yeah there is no possible way to enforce voiding it if you sell it on craigslist or something a week before the show.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    FWIW, in 2009 we managed to change tickets on the nin.com will call tickets, but you need a really good reason. In our case, the LA rescheduled dates meant some people couldn't make it and for an EU show someone couldn't make the flight. But you need to tell them as far in advance as possible - I'm sure if you tried to tell them the day before they'd still tell you where to go.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Remember in 2007 all of my will call tickets had my mother's name on them? It was fun being Maureen for two weeks.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Remember in 2007 all of my will call tickets had my mother's name on them? It was fun being Maureen for two weeks.
    You know, I swore I remember similar stuff that was mentioned, here, happening years ago and that it ended up being no big deal, but no research I did could find anything; YOU just provided real proof. Thank you.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

This is the venue in my city where NIN is supposed to play in November lololololol probably a good thing the show isn't in June/July

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    You know, I swore I remember similar stuff that was mentioned, here, happening years ago and that it ended up being no big deal, but no research I did could find anything; YOU just provided real proof. Thank you.
    Thank god for Brandi. That and I had my emails/passport/Spiral card at every show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    How much have tickets been for the NIN.com presales?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by justNIN View Post
    How much have tickets been for the NIN.com presales?
    $99 + $12.75 fees, per ticket, plus or minus a few bucks.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    So with LITS-level effects for the fall tour, I guess we should expect pretty static setlists?

Wonder how varied the festival sets will be.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Moebius View Post
    So with LITS-level effects for the fall tour, I guess we should expect pretty static setlists?

Wonder how varied the festival sets will be.
    I'm expecting both to be relatively static. Most of the festival slots seem to be about an hour/70 minutes long, save for Belfast and Milan, which will probably get four or five extra songs. There'll probably be a few rotating slots on the Tension tour, similar to LITS. Personally, I'd love to see a "Trent on piano" section that would have rotating songs.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm guessig the 2 vegas shows will have different setlists since the venue is smaller and both nights are back to back, so they will want to change things up a bit. Least i'm hoping that's the case, heh!

Asside from what, what did Belew say Trent gave him, 45 songs to learn? Something like that. And an average show will probably only have 20-25 songs so that leads me to believe they will be rotating alot of them if they did in fact learn 45 songs, that's double the amount of songs played at a show.

Of course, they could just reserve like 2-3 spots a night durning certain places of the show for "revolving songs", so it could go either way. Could be extremely static or they could change it up alot.

I'll be at Lollapalooza, the 2 vegas nights, Vancouver and Seattle. And the only shows of those I expect to be almost if not identical are the Vancouver/Seattle shows. The lollapalooza will obviously be completly different as it's part of the festival run, and as I mentioned above I anticipate the Vegas shows being different for them being smaller and back to back nights.

Hard to say for the arena shows though, i'm guessing they will be similar, with the exception of Voodoo and Mountain Oasis.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    45 songs to learn
    JMJ once named even bigger number at talkbass forums while rehearsing for LITS tour, so the number of the songs at the rehearsals isn't necessary an indicator of setlist variety. I think it's safe to assume that about 15 songs will played each night and another 7-8 will be a rotating slots.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Day three of the NIN.com ticket stress test! This one should be a lot easier with only a few shows on sale. The two Florida shows were a breeze. I'm skipping Texas, so my last two would be Phoenix & LA.

Hope everyone else is having good luck as well.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    The system is sound. The assumptions you made when buying the tickets weren't. On repeated occasions, NIN and HTDA have warned fans about the pitfalls of the pre-sale. This type of hindsight is akin to someone asking for an extension on a project they couldn't finish last night because they didn't fully understand the question being asked.

NIN has already done a nice service to fans with an actual pre-sale that basically eliminates scalpers from a handful of tickets, as well as other presales that helps spread out the chances of real fans grabbing tickets.

Shit happens; but that doesn't mean an entire system should open loopholes and exceptions (thus probably increasing the service fees) because 1% can't get it straight.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Canuckle View Post
    The system is sound. The assumptions you made when buying the tickets weren't. On repeated occasions, NIN and HTDA have warned fans about the pitfalls of the pre-sale. This type of hindsight is akin to someone asking for an extension on a project they couldn't finish last night because they didn't fully understand the question being asked.

NIN has already done a nice service to fans with an actual pre-sale that basically eliminates scalpers from a handful of tickets, as well as other presales that helps spread out the chances of real fans grabbing tickets.

Shit happens; but that doesn't mean an entire system should open loopholes and exceptions (thus probably increasing the service fees) because 1% can't get it straight.
    Shall I continue?

If you had a flop before evaluating anyone else's you'd sure as shit at least try to have the rules bent for your case... So, maybe you should get bent, and your horse. Heh.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The process for the FL pre-sales was pretty damn smooth. Better than I expected.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magrão View Post
    Shall I continue?

If you had a flop before evaluating anyone else's you'd sure as shit at least try to have the rules bent for your case... So, maybe you should get bent, and your horse. Heh.
    No one blames you for trying to get things altered - but its the attitudes I (we) see on here - the "well Im fucked - musictoday fucked me" People on here actually saying "what are we supposed to do - hold off on buying tickets in case plans change?"
    ahhh yes - under the terms stated (and repeated and repeated), yes - if you dont want to get stuck with an unusable ticket - then you have to be sure you can make the show when you purchase it. Its the sense of entitlement that bugs me that some of you younger kids have - this attitude of getting angry at others when "shit" happens in your life and something doesnt work out. Angry because your special situation wasnt tended to to your satisfaction - when it was already made clear what the terms were and what they were not. All of you bitch and moan when the scalpers buy up all the good seats during or before they even go onsale - and you blame the artist for "fucking" you over and letting that happen. Trent spearheaded these presales to truly get the best seats in the hands of the fans - and going to the length to make sure they cant be resold (which would defeat the whole venture). And now you all bitch that YOUR plans change - or your friends plans change - and that is somehow the fault of Trent, musictoday, or whoever.

Back when I was a teenager or in my 20s - you had 2 options for tickets - you waited outside a ticket outlet overnight (which was fun of course) and bought them at the door when they went onsale and it went as fast as people could physically pay - or you phoned into ticketmaster at the same time - with your HOME phone (not from line - no cell phones) and maybe that was better or maybe you just got busy signals. I dont remember people complaining that they were fucked over. You got what you got and you were happy to see the show. Now we have a near instantaneous system that gives everyone a fair shot at front of the line - but now we have the huge resale market problem - and this particular artist (most dont) has gone out of his way to get around that problem - and people still bitch.
    Its one think if you were mad and said - well damnit - plans changed and Im screwed - but its that you all try to blame OTHERS - when those others went out of their way to make sure the terms were clear.
    Like I said - its an attitude of entitlement that bugs me - I see it more and more these days.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Has anyone purchased through promoters pre-sale? I've got a TM gift card and wanna use that, not sure if it's accepted during that pre-sale though...

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Has anyone purchased through promoters pre-sale? I've got a TM gift card and wanna use that, not sure if it's accepted during that pre-sale though...
    The promoter's pre-sale goes through whatever ticketing outlet is used for the general on-sale tickets. So if it's a show ticketed by Ticketmaster, then you'll be fine with that gift card.

NIN.com's presale is the only one that uses a different ticketing agency.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    No one blames you for trying to get things altered - but its the attitudes I (we) see on here - the "well Im fucked - musictoday fucked me" People on here actually saying "what are we supposed to do - hold off on buying tickets in case plans change?"
    ahhh yes - under the terms stated (and repeated and repeated), yes - if you dont want to get stuck with an unusable ticket - then you have to be sure you can make the show when you purchase it. Its the sense of entitlement that bugs me that some of you younger kids have - this attitude of getting angry at others when "shit" happens in your life and something doesnt work out. Angry because your special situation wasnt tended to to your satisfaction - when it was already made clear what the terms were and what they were not. All of you bitch and moan when the scalpers buy up all the good seats during or before they even go onsale - and you blame the artist for "fucking" you over and letting that happen. Trent spearheaded these presales to truly get the best seats in the hands of the fans - and going to the length to make sure they cant be resold (which would defeat the whole venture). And now you all bitch that YOUR plans change - or your friends plans change - and that is somehow the fault of Trent, musictoday, or whoever.

Back when I was a teenager or in my 20s - you had 2 options for tickets - you waited outside a ticket outlet overnight (which was fun of course) and bought them at the door when they went onsale and it went as fast as people could physically pay - or you phoned into ticketmaster at the same time - with your HOME phone (not from line - no cell phones) and maybe that was better or maybe you just got busy signals. I dont remember people complaining that they were fucked over. You got what you got and you were happy to see the show. Now we have a near instantaneous system that gives everyone a fair shot at front of the line - but now we have the huge resale market problem - and this particular artist (most dont) has gone out of his way to get around that problem - and people still bitch.
    Its one think if you were mad and said - well damnit - plans changed and Im screwed - but its that you all try to blame OTHERS - when those others went out of their way to make sure the terms were clear.
    Like I said - its an attitude of entitlement that bugs me - I see it more and more these days.
    Anyone is likely gonna bitch at someone/something in power when money was plainly lost. Fortunately I didn't completely fall into that category, as I'm getting reimbursed from my friend, the big reason for my issue. So to begin with, I was venting on behalf of my friend. This forum is full of essentially unnecessary bitching and talking of shit. So naturally I let loose, a little. I don't care what it looked like. I don't feel like I should be entitled to anything, just because... I'm thinking broader than that, I guess.

I believe in earlier posts I was clear in resting on the matter (then the unthinkable happened with someone wanting to chime in, and in such a way I'm starting to fucking hate), and on my understanding of the situation. But, of course, that doesn't mean I'm corrected. No, just as much I still think the system is just a bit fucked up with this. The system is sound for anti-scalping. Super sound. This time around(?) there are seemingly no workings behind the scenes to try to accommodate *certain cases* that may arise with buyers as a result though, and that's wrong to the fan. $100 is a lot of money sent out for nothing but basically a donation, all because of a rule, particularly when an agreement/arrangement could be worked out around it. It really could be. I see it like that...the system setup now gets the scalpers out of everybody's hair for these pre-sale tickets, but it boards up ways for fair people to get unfucked. At all.
    Last edited by Amaro; 06-24-2013 at 06:15 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Magrao, again - was speaking in more general terms than just about you, but since you still think "the system" could be better, though the way I see it - its not a democracy - its a band selling tickets under said terms and if you dont agree with the terms - then you have the choice not to buy - in this case - you still have 2 other ways (at least) to get tickets to these shows). So how do you suggest they "improve" their system - taking care of the scalpers and then also taking care of each and every "certain case" that comes up when someone wants to change the terms to accommodate their ever changing plans. Do you know how many "certain cases" that will come up in 1000 tickets sold? Multiply that by every date on the tour - and my 1000 is just a random guess. Nothing is "wrong to the fan" NOTHING here is "wrong to the fan". The fan has the COMPLETE freedom to spend their money having heard the terms. How do you suggest they handle every "certain case" and help everyone that happens to want to change their plans. Do you not see how that completely opens the door for EVERYONE to want to change the terms. How do you expect them to judge who "fair" people are?
    I really dont get your point of view. When you buy these tickets, when you hit that button - you are ABSOLUTELY agreeing to the fact that your 100 dollars may indeed become a "donation" if you are not able to go pick up the tickets.
    That is not wrong to the fan. Caveat Emptor.

So how would you fix this "system that is just a bit fucked up"? What is your answer?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post

I would always call them ahead of time and make sure you know HOW it gets applied. Nothing will help you in the seconds of a presale if you cant figure out how to work their site.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Powhatan View Post
    Magrao, again - was speaking in more general terms than just about you, but since you still think "the system" could be better, though the way I see it - its not a democracy - its a band selling tickets under said terms and if you dont agree with the terms - then you have the choice not to buy - in this case - you still have 2 other ways (at least) to get tickets to these shows). So how do you suggest they "improve" their system - taking care of the scalpers and then also taking care of each and every "certain case" that comes up when someone wants to change the terms to accommodate their ever changing plans. Do you know how many "certain cases" that will come up in 1000 tickets sold? Multiply that by every date on the tour - and my 1000 is just a random guess. Nothing is "wrong to the fan" NOTHING here is "wrong to the fan". The fan has the COMPLETE freedom to spend their money having heard the terms. How do you suggest they handle every "certain case" and help everyone that happens to want to change their plans. Do you not see how that completely opens the door for EVERYONE to want to change the terms. How do you expect them to judge who "fair" people are?
    I really dont get your point of view. When you buy these tickets, when you hit that button - you are ABSOLUTELY agreeing to the fact that your 100 dollars may indeed become a "donation" if you are not able to go pick up the tickets.
    That is not wrong to the fan. Caveat Emptor.

So how would you fix this "system that is just a bit fucked up"? What is your answer?
    First thing off the top of my head, a bit of an overhaul...

A "ticket release" system...a process in which a ticket holder starts that indicates to MusicToday the release of his/her ticket because he/she can no longer attend the show. MusicToday receives the notice, and upon receiving and once clearing the full payment (fees included) from the new party (a friend, a somebody that was tipped off about the ticket, whatever) to buy said ticket, the original ticket buyer gets a refund minus the service fees.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    There is an upward curl in the C not present in the Cs on the page, the letters can form in a similar way but there's a definite variation in that letter

Plus, SINCH's chorus doesn't repeat 4x.
    Well...SIGN isn't an acronym for anything on the new album, and "Sign" doesn't appear in any of the track titles. Reworked version of SICNH? Or some other mystery that none of us have sussed out yet?