Page 84 of 99 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I guess we shouldn't get our hopes up too high and not wait for a total re-invention of the band. There are only so many songs to play and we have heard them all somewhere down the way apart from a handfull of songs that yet have to make a live debut. Guess there will always be hurt, head like a hole, march of the pigs, gave up etc. Maybe with the link that HM has to TDS we will get more songs off the latter which is perfectly fine with me.

What we definitely WILL end up with are more songs from hesitation marks and I sure as hell hope TR decides to play the majority of the album.

Most exciting thing for me is how NIN will look during the tension tour and how this differs from what we are seeing right now.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_damaged View Post
    TRs latest tweet to the Aussie fans:
    "Australia: we love you and we're coming. Didn't feel Soundwave was the right vibe for us or our fans - working on a better scenario"

This would be a direct stab back at soundwave organiser AJ Maddah: http://musicfeeds.com.au/news/aj-mad...ated-audience/
    Awesome news.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Just dawned on me tonight... The festival leg of this tour is coming to an end really quickly. After Made in America, they really only have less than 4 weeks to plan the Tension part of the tour. The fellas have alot of studying to do over these next few weeks. If the next leg is supposed to be even bigger and better than the festival run, they don't have much time to perfect it!

I hope that means they won't be sticking with this run of the mill setlist, but they don't have much time to learn a whole new set of 30 songs, do they? They can't keep riding off the same 4 new songs when Tension starts. Something tells me they rehearsed alot more new songs between May-July than they want us to believe.

I wonder if the tracks we got in the "leaked" rehearsal stuff had stuff omitted. Maybe Trent knew it would leak and took precautions to omit (delete) songs he felt weren't ready to be heard by the public (like Everything for example, the song was on the original Lollapalooza setlist but was scrapped for whatever reason, so obviously the track was rehearsed). Much like SICNH, Reptile, Somewhat Damaged and The Begining Of The End have all been played live as well, but none of those tracks are in the leaked rehearsal footage either.

I have a feeling he has 2 rehearsal sets. They probably have another tape hidden away somewhere on extreme lockdown with stuff that will be debuting live for Tension 2013.
    Plans and rehearsals for the Tension leg would have started a while ago, they wouldnt just wait until after one leg finished to start planning the next one. Besides, there was a photo somewhere of someone's keyobard (Allessandro or Josh?) showing the name Becoming on the preset loaded in, so that song at least has been rehearsed, as an example.

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    The leaked rehearsal tape is obviously a full festival-production rehearsal, hence the setlist. All the songs (including all extra Tension tour stuff) has been learned and rehearsed song-by-song a long time ago, I believe.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fabripav View Post
    I knew it, TR fucking said it - inspired by Kraftwerk. of course I FUCKIN KNEW IT

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was just about to post that. Great insight and lovely backstage tidbits. Can't wait for part 2.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I was just about to post that. Great insight and lovely backstage tidbits. Can't wait for part 2.
    Rob tweeted that pt 2 is about the arena tour and it's gonna be on Vevo later this year

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Had an interesting thought while watching Tour Exposed. Roy Bennett mentions how many bands say "just go for it, and I piece it together" but TR & Rob want to know how everything works etc...

Reminds me of "smash it apart, just for the fuck of it" ; Maybe it never was for the fuck of it, but rather to break it down to the root to better understand it and know how it works...

Either way I can appreciate Rob and Trent, I couldn't imagine giving a role to someone which includes complete control and creativity while not having an understanding or touch points on how things are developing. Not taking away from each members input, but this video gives me a better feeling that every aspect, light colour, movement, environment etc... is crafted by TR and RS. They are simply given the tools and know how.

That's a lot of fucking software & interfaces. I'd be interested to see what backup they have. I.E. a backup system in sync they can fail over to?

Now, if TR can manage this tour without tossing a guitar at one of the risers than we may all might be able to see this in action!

P.S. I've always wanted to see a band bring the lighting off the stage too. I.E. lightweight bright LED strobes cob-webbed over GA.

/end possibly outer space thoughts

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    Just dawned on me tonight... The festival leg of this tour is coming to an end really quickly. After Made in America, they really only have less than 4 weeks to plan the Tension part of the tour. The fellas have alot of studying to do over these next few weeks. If the next leg is supposed to be even bigger and better than the festival run, they don't have much time to perfect it!
    hotel rooms and busses give a lot of time for practice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Didn't they already rehearse for Tension?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anybody know of a good way to save Vevo videos? My normal Youtube downloader doesn't work for Vevo videos and I want to watch this on my TV. If anybody already downloaded it and could send me a link or let me know what to download it with. I tried one Vevo downloader which turned out to be a fake and added toolbars to my internet explorer and firefox. Thanks!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I managed to download it with keepvid.com.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Didn't they already rehearse for Tension?
    Yes, but they have time for a couple more weeks of rehearsal so they can really nail down "And All the Could Have Been" once and for all.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That is probably the last post I would want to Facepalm. :::sigh:::

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Re: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

After watching all of these promo videos for the festival shows I'm finding myself more and more excited for Tension 2013. I'm even going as far as thinking about adding Portland and Spokane to my itinerary! Hey @johnbron , got any room for me to come hang out one night?

tapatalkin'

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    After watching all of these promo videos for the festival shows I'm finding myself more and more excited for Tension 2013. I'm even going as far as thinking about adding Portland and Spokane to my itinerary! Hey @johnbron, got any room for me to come hang out one night?

tapatalkin'
    I don't yet have a ticket but I do plan on (probably) going to the Portland show. Either way, if you're down here, we will hang out for sureeeeeeeeeeeee!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I enjoyed the Vevo video, but I did kind of roll my eyes every time someone mentioned that TR was the "mastermind" or "genius" behind the operation. They must have said that like 5 or 6 times.

Granted, it's true, but is there really anyone watching this who doesn't already know who Reznor is?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

I look at it as a promo video for moment factory. They can show this video to non-nin fans and it will showcase how they can help produce a product that closely matches, if not exceeds, what the customer wants.

Im also pretty sure that the guys/gals at MF are big NIN fans so its inenvitable that they might come across as slight fanboys when they work with TR

tapatalkin'

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I don't yet have a ticket but I do plan on (probably) going to the Portland show. Either way, if you're down here, we will hang out for sureeeeeeeeeeeee!
    Sweet, ill start to look for tickets here soon. Do we want floor or seats? I plan on recording the shows I go to so it doesnt matter to me im also taking Winny to see the show in Spokane which will mark her first time seeing nails let alone a rock show of this size

tapatalkin'

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Do you reckon they'll top 2 hours for Tension shows?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Looking at Moment Factory's website, they've done some pretty interesting stuff since LITS. I really dig this Pixel Rain effect they created for a Black Keys festival appearance. Something like this in an arena could be really unforgettable. Whatever's in store for us, we're getting close.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Do you reckon they'll top 2 hours for Tension shows?
    An hour and fifty minutes minimum I think.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Looking at Moment Factory's website, they've done some pretty interesting stuff since LITS. I really dig this Pixel Rain effect they created for a Black Keys festival appearance. Something like this in an arena could be really unforgettable. Whatever's in store for us, we're getting close.
    I paid $80 bucks to see Black Keys and all I got was a fucking shiny disco ball.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Sweet, ill start to look for tickets here soon. Do we want floor or seats? I plan on recording the shows I go to so it doesnt matter to me im also taking Winny to see the show in Spokane which will mark her first time seeing nails let alone a rock show of this size

tapatalkin'
    I still need to see if my girlfriend wants to go to the Portland show before I decide. I'm all about the floor! She'll be with me at the Seattle show for sure, putting off getting tickets for that one as well. Did you get floor or seats for Seattle?

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    There are no floor tickets left for Seattle. In fact, in the lower level, there are only 12 contiguous seats left. All the rest of the remaining seats are either singles in the lower level or seats in the back of the upper level.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by johnbron View Post
    I still need to see if my girlfriend wants to go to the Portland show before I decide. I'm all about the floor! She'll be with me at the Seattle show for sure, putting off getting tickets for that one as well. Did you get floor or seats for Seattle?
    Floor seats for Seattle and Vancouver. I most likely will get seats for Spokane as i would like to enjoy the visuals so im down for whatever in Portland

Sent from my LTE powered GS4!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    I managed to download it with keepvid.com.
    Thanks, that worked! I'll add Keepvid to my favorites.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm pretty sure that the visual "climax' of the Tension tour will be during:

I Would For You / In Two / While I'm Still Here / Black Noise

Probably something magical will happen during the heavy outro of "In Two" after the bridge ala the climax of "Beside You In Time."

I really hope this happens.

(I posted this in the album thread but thought afterwards that it can be discussed here as well)

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    So we know that there's going to be a possible UK tour in 2014 but do we have sort of confirmation that Tension will continue in the States in 2014? I'm really bummed that I can't make another show besides my St. Louis gig because of work conflicts..