Page 85 of 99 FirstFirst ... 35 75 83 84 85 86 87 95 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,550 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    ^I'd say there might be a second leg in the US in summer 2014.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My best guess for 2014:

February/March/April: Australia, Asia, Europe, etc.

May/June: US amphitheaters (probably not the same Tension production)

July/August/September: European festivals

October/November: US theater/club shows (this is just wishful thinking)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    My best guess for 2014:

February/March/April: Australia, Asia, Europe, etc.

May/June: US amphitheaters (probably not the same Tension production)

July/August/September: European festivals

October/November: US theater/club shows (this is just wishful thinking)

And then silence until 2018!

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    I guess the UK will be served first, then the European mainland and AUS/Asia after another US leg. And I highly doubt Trent will do another European festival stunt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Can we have a NIN 2013 tour photos thread in here?

While I really enjoy the availability of the video and Audio sources we have been blessed with, so far, I would very much appreciate some hq photos from the current tour.
    Maybe some of you guys want to share some of your photos in a thread?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thatguymark View Post
    Looking at Moment Factory's website, they've done some pretty interesting stuff since LITS. I really dig this Pixel Rain effect they created for a Black Keys festival appearance. Something like this in an arena could be really unforgettable. Whatever's in store for us, we're getting close.

I've seen something similar; a bunch of little "helicopters" with blinking LEDs were dropped at Bonnaroo in 2011, just before Arcade Fire's set. The lights weren't sync'd or programmed like it looks like it was here but it looked pretty cool. It turned out to a viral marketing stunt...

I don't think it would really work inside a closed arena, though. You need way more height so you can watch them as they slowly fall.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm kind of bummed that it will be over 3 weeks until we get a taste of what the Tension shows will be like. I want to know now!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    So we know that there's going to be a possible UK tour in 2014 but do we have sort of confirmation that Tension will continue in the States in 2014? I'm really bummed that I can't make another show besides my St. Louis gig because of work conflicts..
    Be happy you have that. We here in Chicago got fucked on the LitS show because of Lolla, and now it appears we're going to get fucked on this one as well. I hate that shit stain of a festival.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    So now that the 9/21 rehearsal show has been revealed, and the CT show has been added, does that mean there's still one more show to come? (If the theory about the 36 teeth on tour.nin.com is/was ever true?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    http://www.npr.org/2013/09/04/218961...s-20-years-ago

We're about to embark on an arena tour in the U.S. here — that will be our audience. And what's good about that is I feel we can get away with more things, we can stretch your attention span further, I can play songs that I feel are more challenging.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chroipahtz View Post
    http://www.npr.org/2013/09/04/218961...s-20-years-ago

We're about to embark on an arena tour in the U.S. here — that will be our audience. And what's good about that is I feel we can get away with more things, we can stretch your attention span further, I can play songs that I feel are more challenging.

I wouldn't read too much into this statement. I think it meant that he doesn't have to play only hits.
    I'm going with the high expectations production wise but none regarding the setlist.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    I wouldn't read too much into this statement. I think it meant that he doesn't have to play only hits.
    I'm going with the high expectations production wise but none regarding the setlist.
    This was specifically in contrast to the festival shows, which were mostly all the same, but still had songs other than the hits -- would you consider What If We Could? or The Warning hits? They are live staples, but not hits.

I don't expect radical setlists like that 3 hour farewell show or anything, but some variation would be nice. There's little reason to watch multiple streams from the festivals when they're basically just Setlist A or Setlist B, alternating. And yes, I feel unjustly entitled.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    This was specifically in contrast to the festival shows, which were mostly all the same, but still had songs other than the hits -- would you consider What If We Could? or The Warning hits? They are live staples, but not hits.

I don't expect radical setlists like that 3 hour farewell show or anything, but some variation would be nice. There's little reason to watch multiple streams from the festivals when they're basically just Setlist A or Setlist B, alternating. And yes, I feel unjustly entitled.
    Exactly my point. He will play more "not so rare songs" like The Warning. You know .. The Big Comedown, Suck, Dead Souls and other songs of the likes. I'm perfectly fine with that.
    What I am trying to say, is that I do not expect him to start playing songs like Ringfinger, Hapiness In Slavery or We're In This Together. If he does, fantastic! If he doesn't, I am not going to be pissed off about it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Exactly my point. He will play more "not so rare songs" like The Warning. You know .. The Big Comedown, Suck, Dead Souls and other songs of the likes. I'm perfectly fine with that.
    What I am trying to say, is that I do not expect him to start playing songs like Ringfinger, Hapiness In Slavery or We're In This Together. If he does, fantastic! If he doesn't, I am not going to be pissed off about it.
    Well yeah. I never expect those.

I just hope that a bunch of the other HM songs get played at least once. Judging by the WT tours, I think there's a reasonable chance of that.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I'm hoping for debuts of the YZ holdouts, My Violent Heart and Another Version of the Truth, and maybe a full version of Zero Sum.

BTW, the audio and text versions of the NPR interview are different, there's some bits in each that aren't in the other, so check them both out.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i dont think the setlists differ much with before the "on hold" period.
    he should break drastically with some songs, for some time. "everyone has his damn fucking opinion" TR recently said, well here's mine.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Well yeah. I never expect those.

I just hope that a bunch of the other HM songs get played at least once. Judging by the WT tours, I think there's a reasonable chance of that.
    Of course. As I mentioned in a post in the Tour fapping thread. I think 6-8 songs from HM is what we're looking at.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Ruiner or GTFO

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I think people expecting all sorts of rare songs are going to be in for a major disappointment. Don't hold your breathe for 'into the void' 'sin' 'ruiner' 'or where is everybody'......
    Last edited by billpulsipher; 09-05-2013 at 09:02 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I loved the LITS tour and he played Sin on the WT tour so never say never this is TR we are talking about.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Alessandro is back though, which means the synths can come back for Sin, which in my opinion makes the chance of it returning that much greater.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    They were playing Ruiner and Sin in 2009, so it's possible they'll surface again. Hopefully Sin, at the very least, since it's an awesome live track.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    They were playing Ruiner and Sin in 2009, so it's possible they'll surface again. Hopefully Sin, at the very least, since it's an awesome live track.
    I still have the bootleg from the first time JMJ played Sin. He kinda butchered the first few notes.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    for me, any version of that song without charlie's theremin intro just isn't as exciting. but it's still a great song, and fantastic live.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well since no one else has done it yet, I made a cover for the MIA mp3 set. Enjoy!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Well since no one else has done it yet, I made a cover for the MIA mp3 set. Enjoy!
    actually, dlb made one for every release! here's made in america, here's the rest.

also, yours is nice, and i like that you kept with the same style!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    actually, dlb made one for every release! here's made in america, here's the rest.

also, yours is nice, and i like that you kept with the same style!
    Oh nice, looks like we both had the same idea for this!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just saw this reminder: http://www.last.fm/event/3568783+Tension+2013

Now I have a reason to drink tonight. See you in the tank!
    Last edited by Stereo75; 09-06-2013 at 09:32 PM.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Trent just tweeted this...

New tour production rehearsals underway... surprises in store!
    ....let the hype begin!

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    The return of the sax solo!