Page 94 of 99 FirstFirst ... 44 84 92 93 94 95 96 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,820 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    looks like every song from HM will be played EXCEPT for 'In Two' which tells you all you need to know about that song lol....
    looks like every song from HM will be played EXCEPT for 'Eater of Dreams' which tells you all you need to know about that song lol....
    looks like every song from HM will be played EXCEPT for 'Various Methods of Escape' which tells you all you need to know about that song lol....
    Obviously after one show we can deem that these songs are hated too.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    In terms of stage presence, Pino makes Jeordie White look like Aaron North.

​(sorry, couldn't resist)
    I could care less about Pino's stage presence. He's Pino fuckin' Palladino. One of the best players ever. All he needs to do is play that bass.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Has there been any mention of an "official" Blu-ray release of this leg of the tour? I'd love to finally see a proper 3d disc like Trent wanted to do with the LITS tour.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So Pino is now doing the synth part at the beginning of MOTP? That doesn't sound right ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    So Pino is now doing the synth part at the beginning of MOTP? That doesn't sound right ..

yeah, not much of a fan of that change.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Some changes sound/look weird, indeed. Also, I'm missing a middle section, or does the HM section with the background singers (7 songs + Survivalism) count as middle section? From what I've seen the show is a mix between LITS, HTDA and NIN 2013. It looks great, but it's not exactly groundbreaking. I'm actually getting a better vibe from the festival show and production. Maybe when I see more that'll change.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Also, one show in, can we bag the backup singers already? It was an idiotic idea in the first place, and makes zero sense, they bring nothing to the songs and it just looks awkward
    It sounded pretty cool on All Time Low from what I watched online but you're right, with some of the other songs... it does looks pretty awkward. I'll reserve final judgment on that I suppose until the St. Louis show on Tuesday.

Oh yuck. I'm not a fan either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    looks like every song from HM will be played EXCEPT for 'Everything' which tells you all you need to know about that song lol.....
    I'm in the crowd that thinks Everything should be played. It has the most energy of any song off Hesitation Marks and has a better version of the With_Teeth era sound. NIN should cut Only or THTF out of the setlist for Everything.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Also, one show in, can we bag the backup singers already? It was an idiotic idea in the first place, and makes zero sense, they bring nothing to the songs and it just looks awkward
    Gotta disagree here. I thought some of their parts should have been even higher in the mix. and what they added to even deeper was FUCKING AMAZING!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    march of the pigs sounds awful without the synth

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Did anyone tell Pino the X on the stage is for production cue. He can actually move away from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's really immersion-killing. He bobs his head back and forth like a chicken, and it looks especially awkward because he's taller than everyone else and is just standing halfway between Trent and Josh, so it looks crowded. Let's hope they figure out what to do with Pino before too long.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Pino doesn't have to be anything other than Pino. : /

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I was sorta confused that they had him and the background singers at the front? Hell with their previous bands they didn't even get that more forefront on the stage I bet. It would look better to have them in the back, next to Alessandro and Ilan.

I bet people who were dying to be close to Robin were PISSED because on most of those songs he stays back when the singers are on stage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jessamineny View Post
    Pino doesn't have to be anything other than Pino. : /
    I'm not suggesting otherwise, but he's not a showman, so he doesn't need to be at the front of the stage.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    march of the pigs sounds awful without the synth
    YES lets all judge from a shitty camera phone recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without being there, without feeling any of the natural gut-punch bass sounds, without hearing it properly through speakers!!!! Yess ahhhhhh yesssssss

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by butter_hole View Post
    YES lets all judge from a shitty camera phone recording!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! without being there, without feeling any of the natural gut-punch bass sounds, without hearing it properly through speakers!!!! Yess ahhhhhh yesssssss

Nah killing the big synth part of that song and replacing it with live bass hurts the song. It makes it sound...weaker, off, just not right. Same thing happened with Sin when they decided to replace the driving synth of that song to bass back in 05. The song just wasn't the same. Give me the proper synth any day over the bass guitar version.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    synths>guitars

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    synths>guitars*
    *1,000,000 not included

Mentioned
    174 Post(s)

it could be good if they put some decent filters on it. I also suspect the camera captured it horribly since you cant hear much of the low end.

Pino looks like fucking chewbacca up there, especially next to Trent.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Is this the first time Trent doesn't play guitar on Wish? I always recall seeing him on guitar during that song.
    I'm glad to see him guitar free on Terrible Lie (like old times).
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 09-29-2013 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    it could be good if they put some decent filters on it. I also suspect the camera captured it horribly since you cant hear much of the low end.

Pino looks like fucking chewbacca up there, especially next to Trent.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    People are really judging the synth drop on March of the Pigs based off a shittily recorded video? Are you fucking kidding me? Also, it's the first show. Maybe you guys should give it at least a few shows before wishing for changes.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    People are really judging the synth drop on March of the Pigs based off a shittily recorded video? Are you fucking kidding me? Also, it's the first show. Maybe you guys should give it at least a few shows before wishing for changes.
    I'll be there Thursday so don't worry, I'll base my complete opinion after seeing it live.
    But the video above has a decent quality enough to have an idea of what it sounds like. The sound seems decent but you can hear the metal string and slapping.

Regardless, the synth line of MOTP is sacred as far as I'm concerned. It is THE most recognizable NIN riff apart from Closer.
    It's the reason I started listening to NIN when I was 14.

Can't touch this! haha

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I'll be there Thursday so don't worry, I'll base my complete opinion after seeing it live.
    But the video above has a decent quality enough to have an idea of what it sounds like.

Regardless, the synth line of MOTP is sacred as far as I'm concerned. It is THE most recognizable NIN riff apart from Closer.
    Exactly! It's not like I'm in the opinion that they shouldn't play MOTP now because of one single change but it's not like the video is a flip phone recorded shot of the song..it's pretty decent quality enough to form an opinion....that being said, I can't wait to hear it on Tuesday to hear it for myself live.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I can't wait until the European shows now. Namely to sing the modified homosexual version of I Would For You during shows - I Would For Shoes.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Why can't Trent be the one who plays the Sax on While I'm Still Here? I want to see him bust out an epic Sax solo that makes everyone in the audience keel over from having their minds blown.

Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    This looks really really great after I gave it some time to sink in. It's a lot to chew and mabye even a tad too much for my taste, but overall I'm very excited and the setlist is great aswell. Of course I'm missing burn, me I'm not and the amazing rework of the way out is through, but even deeper and the new HM songs makes up for it and the girls simply kill it on that one!

The angles the show was filmed by the fellow youtubers look like shit though and I shouldn't have seen them as a first glimpse on the new production. Oh well, I only have myself to blame. :P

Only gripes so far:

- not enough Trent on guitar (especially wish and copy of a)
    - Robin and Josh seem very far away on their respective sites but that might be due to the angles the videos were filmed
    - the ceiling seems very very low which feels off to me

So yeah, not much to wish for. Tension all the way and from what I've seen I love it. The band is sounding very very tight and I can't wait to see this for myself and what is in store for the other shows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This review suggests Into the Void was due to be played...

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/news/20...e-inch-nails-0

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by simonn View Post
    This review suggests Into the Void was due to be played...

http://www.tcdailyplanet.net/news/20...e-inch-nails-0
    it was, it was on the setlist.