Page 95 of 99 FirstFirst ... 45 85 93 94 95 96 97 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,850 of 2970

Thread: Nine Inch Nails 2013 tour

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    If you were at the St. Paul show, send the nin podcast Underneath It All a video/audio review of the show to our email ninpodcast@underneathitall.org

You can also visit the site Underneath It All and contact us through that. I love what I'm hearing and fans around the world would love to hear what you're thinking of the current NIN shows.

Thanks!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Why can't Trent be the one who plays the Sax on While I'm Still Here? I want to see him bust out an epic Sax solo that makes everyone in the audience keel over from having their minds blown.
    So who did play it?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Furie_Zacharias View Post
    So who did play it?
    Josh is playing the sax.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    So...NIN/QotSA heading to AU?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    So...NIN/QotSA heading to AU?
    Looks like it to me. I saw them together of the With Teeth tour in 2005. You Aussies and Kiwis are in for one hell of a treat.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm so fucking excited!!!
    Might have to save up and follow the shows!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    - Robin and Josh seem very far away on their respective sites but that might be due to the angles the videos were filmed
    - the ceiling seems very very low which feels off to me
    I agree, Robin and Josh seem way farther apart from the center of the stage. If I was arranging this thing I would have totally put the background vocalists and Pino in line with Ilan and Alessandro. Maybe at like angles pointing toward the front center. Robin acts like he's afraid to go nuts when those singers are on stage.

I think the "low ceiling" is part of the whole idea of the effect that Trent is wanting to have on the viewers. Maybe to add some tension? lol

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    The "low ceiling" is only that particular lighting rig and raises and lowers and rotates. It's only low during certain points- similar to what they can do with the stealth screens.

And good news for the Aussies. Must've been hard to turn down festival money but very cool to see NIN and QOTSA doing a tour, even if I'm not much a fan of Queens. Seems "proper".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Last edited by Torgo; 09-30-2013 at 11:06 PM.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    That's pretty damn heartwarming.

So, what does anyone think of the new back up singers? (Forgive me if this questions was already asked.)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I think the addition of back up vocalists is really great. I knew a lot of people would see that "All Time Low" instagram clip and think that the singers are just going to ruin every song and there was no other way to look at it lol.

None of those people were expecting Trent to harness it and use that addition in brilliant ways. The singers make the songs Even Deeper, I Would For You, While I'm Still Here, Black Noise are sounding better than their originals.

I just think having them up at the front of the stage is a poor choice. Imagine them if they were on a platform right next to Alessandro with their own spotlights shining on them...

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfkiller View Post
    Woo! Good show! Anyone going tomorrow? Hope the set list changes up a bit.
    I'll be there tomorrow! What was a majority of new stuff / tour debuts played?

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Copy Of A, Came Back Haunted, Find My Way, Disappointed, All Time Low, Running, While I'm Still Here, Black Noise... I probably missed one or two. Quite a bit of HM was played. Wasn't too drastically different from the first show I think.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Copy Of A, Came Back Haunted, Find My Way, Disappointed, All Time Low, Running, While I'm Still Here, Black Noise... I probably missed one or two. Quite a bit of HM was played. Wasn't too drastically different from the first show I think.
    Someone tweeted that VMOE was played?

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    well shoot. I hope it wasn't a fan who got the wrong song...

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    *shrug* Not super hype on like half of HM to be completely honest, can't remember if they played it or not. How the hell did I wind up in this thread? Could have swore I was posting in the Kansas City thread....

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    *shrug* Not super hype on like half of HM to be completely honest, can't remember if they played it or not. How the hell did I wind up in this thread? Could have swore I was posting in the Kansas City thread....
    oh you did...but there's rules about posting over in the show thread if you didn't actually attend...so I brought your post here.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Someone on FB confirmed VMOE was played.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Papagolash View Post
    Nah killing the big synth part of that song and replacing it with live bass hurts the song. It makes it sound...weaker, off, just not right. Same thing happened with Sin when they decided to replace the driving synth of that song to bass back in 05. The song just wasn't the same. Give me the proper synth any day over the bass guitar version.
    this is bullshit. remember when Jeordie did that synth line in Burn on bass? that was fucking AWESOME. I have nothing against the synths, I love em, but sometimes, you know, REAL BASS <3

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post
    Down under, get it?

But seriously, dates please.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by slave2thewage View Post

fAP fap fap fap fap

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just realized, I didn't include my middle initial in my purchase of my ticket. I will have my id, which will have matching first and last name and the card used to purchase it. You think this will be an issue? Pretty fucking rediculous if so.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    I think the addition of back up vocalists is really great. I knew a lot of people would see that "All Time Low" instagram clip and think that the singers are just going to ruin every song and there was no other way to look at it lol.

None of those people were expecting Trent to harness it and use that addition in brilliant ways. The singers make the songs Even Deeper, I Would For You, While I'm Still Here, Black Noise are sounding better than their originals.

I just think having them up at the front of the stage is a poor choice. Imagine them if they were on a platform right next to Alessandro with their own spotlights shining on them...
    I love the back up singers. Although I haven't seen fans backlashing at them, I could see some speculate as to why NIN would have back up singers.

While I don't have a problem with the placement of the singers, I do have a problem of them not being at the mic at all times. It just seems weird and kind of robotic that they go to the mic and then step away from it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey everyone, I have a question. I just received my tickets from StubHub and its got someone's name printed on them. Does this mean it is a pre-sale ticket? Can I still use them without a photo ID? Thanks!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    I just realized, I didn't include my middle initial in my purchase of my ticket. I will have my id, which will have matching first and last name and the card used to purchase it. You think this will be an issue? Pretty fucking rediculous if so.
    Shouldn't be- I'm assuming your referring to NIN.com presale. I just remember them being in alphabetical order by last name in a box.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    It's such a shame that I won't be able to attend any more of the Tension 2013 shows this year. =/

Mentioned
    99 Post(s)
    I'm gonna be updating my setlist spreadsheet after every show.
    [SPOILERS!] https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=3
    Before you ask about the colors: it's just to see rotating songs easily.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What time is recommended if I want to get in the first 3 rows? I am going to the Toronto show, that's were I am planing on getting there early. Cleveland, prob not gonna happen because I am dealing with other people

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NINisamazing View Post
    No, it won't be an issue. If it is, demand to speak to a manager and get indignant.