Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So I had a rather public meltdown at work at 12:05 today when modlife wouldn't let me complete my purchase cuz the blasted fucking computer at work wouldn't allow it to accept cookies.
    Moped around about it all day, got home, went online to check when the Ticketmaster site would open, (I was expecting Friday) and wonder of wonders I was able to buy 4 tickets for the Toronto show! Gobsmacked, I was.
    Not complaining, but I'll miss having that nice shiny ticket with my name printed on it

To AgentofChaos http://pitchfork.com/news/49681-tren...2013-and-2014/
    Last edited by k'sandra; 02-27-2013 at 03:27 PM. Reason: adding more info

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halo33 View Post
    To the people that still cant get Apollo seats. Try this link.

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/00...Search_Request
    Thanks! Guys - for real: I was just about to buy for this show, too, until I thought I'd be spending too much. Have at it!

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Damn it, why the hell don't i live in Toronto or anywhere near it

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I just hope all goes well with the Pomona pre-sale since I've now passed on the SF and LV shows. If I can't get tickets to Pomona, I'm going to be really upset with my decision.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Plane ticket is booked! Man, I haven't been this excited for a show since 2005......

You can still pull tickets for Monterey.....just pulled Orch. row L
    Last edited by NotoriousTIMP; 02-27-2013 at 04:42 PM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

What was the point of doing a presale through modlife for 8% of the tickets? Seems almost pointless to me

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post
    What was the point of doing a presale through modlife for 8% of the tickets? Seems almost pointless to me

I'm sure that's the maximum they're allowed to have, in their contracts (with venues? booking agents? i dunno who exactly.)

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    ive got to get rid of 2 GA tickets for the wellmont theater and ill sell to anyone for $10 less than face to help with the service fee's.

i bought tix immediately not realizing i already have tix for the les claypool duo de twang show that night already. so i grabbed tix for the apollo instead and now have extras. ive been around the board forever, i wouldn't dare rip anyone off. let me know, thanks.
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 02-27-2013 at 05:19 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Quote Originally Posted by imail724 View Post

Almost all presales that bands do are no more than 10 percent of the total venue. It is just that there are very few when the venue holds less than 3k people.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You can still pull tix for Boston.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheyCallMeDrug View Post
    ive got to get rid of 2 GA tickets for the wellmont theater and ill sell to anyone for $10 less than face to help with the service fee's.

i bought tix immediately not realizing i already have tix for the les claypool duo de twang show that night already. so i grabbed tix for the apollo instead and now have extras. ive been around the board forever, i wouldn't dare rip anyone off. let me know, thanks.
    Are they printing names on tickets this time around or did you manage to get tix from Ticketmaster?

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)

Oh my gosh you are my sunshine! Thank youuuooo!! Why the main ticket page isn't active is weird unless they want to 'save' for Friday's public sale.
    Last edited by m0reta; 02-27-2013 at 06:06 PM. Reason: Now with quotey goodness!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Are they printing names on tickets this time around or did you manage to get tix from Ticketmaster?
    i got it through the wellmont sale and my name is on it but it doesn't say anywhere on the ticket you'll be asked to show ID proving it. i could contact them about it if you're interested.

they're print at home btw, so they're already in hand. no will call.
    Last edited by TheyCallMeDrug; 02-27-2013 at 06:23 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Almost all presales that bands do are no more than 10 percent of the total venue. It is just that there are very few when the venue holds less than 3k people.
    Theres a lot of presales where they sell everything outright and just have to have a formal onsale the following day. Bands dont always make these decisions. Trent is just able to negotiate these things because of who he is. Theres a lot of artists who dont even know how much tickets to their shows cost and are shocked sometimes about it.

A lot of the venues hold just around 1,000. Regency in SF holds 1100. HOB Boston is probably 1,000. Fox Pomona is 1700. Paramount in Denver is 1800 give or take. Golden State theatre in Monterey is just under 1000. The Pearl depending on the set up can be 1200 or 2300. So if its 8% of 1000 for example, HTDA sold 80 tickets give or take for some of these shows.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    Oh my gosh you are my sunshine! Thank youuuooo!! Why the main ticket page isn't active is weird unless they want to 'save' for Friday's public sale.
    Glad I could help. There was certainly some weirdness today, and I really hope they work out all these kinks for the impending NIN tour. Was a good test run I guess.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

I love you - just scored two tickets for lower mezzanine, row J.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    i got it through the wellmont sale and my name is on it but it doesn't say anywhere on the ticket you'll be asked to show ID proving it. i could contact them about it if you're interested.

they're print at home btw, so they're already in hand. no will call.
    I'd double check with the venue. I think if your name is printed on the ticket it might require a matching ID at the door.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I'd double check with the venue. I think if your name is printed on the ticket it might require a matching ID at the door.
    yea, planning on giving them a call tomorrow. i'll let you guys know the deal.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    yea, planning on giving them a call tomorrow. i'll let you guys know the deal.
    Were these tickets purchased from the modlife on the HTDA tour site?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

halo33 you are a life saver! I couldn't get them any other way - was shut out of pre-sale and couldn't get in later from HDTA or Ticketmaster. Probably the worst seats I've ever had to see Trent but still so much better than nothing. Thank you! Eternally grateful.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Plane ticket is booked! Man, I haven't been this excited for a show since 2005......

You can still pull tickets for Monterey.....just pulled Orch. row L
    what shows are you attending TIMP? (now we just need an official recording policy!)

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    I'm a little surprised everything didn't sold out immediately. Still tickets to get at several venues.
    Says something about how HTDA is in the game?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    I'm a little surprised everything didn't sold out immediately. Still tickets to get at several venues.
    Says something about how HTDA is in the game?
    Or maybe not many people knowing about the TM/LN ticket sales being live already and thinking that they're up on Friday 10am local time. I know that if I weren't an ETS regular and checking the boards and discussions, I wouldn't have known that tix for the shows were already up at TM/LN. Just my thoughts.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

Quote Originally Posted by UninTY View Post
    what shows are you attending TIMP? (now we just need an official recording policy!)
    I won't be taping this time around as I longer have my rig.....

But then again, does anyone know of a good iPhone application (with EQs) that could possibly work?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I won't be taping this time around as I longer have my rig.....

But then again, does anyone know of a good iPhone application (with EQs) that could possibly work?
    Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo oooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

^^^^
    We'll see....maybe seeing HTDA will prompt me to get back into the mood

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I have an ok relationship with the Goldenstate Theater and i have a very busy nigh with them tonight, if it calms down at some point ill ask about recording it.i have some decent pocket sized audio recording stuff at least but i've never done it like this before.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Were these tickets purchased from the modlife on the HTDA tour site?
    the tickets were bought through the wellmont theater ticket link not the HTDA presale. after calling them today they said as long as the tickets are in hand they will not be checking any names to ID's. only when picking up will call tickets do you need a matching ID.

moral of the story - still have 2 GA for wellmont i have to sell that i'll give for face minus the service fees ($100). let me know.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    so I guess Apollo was already sold out before the general sale even began? lovely. guess its time to go to the scalpers. I know I'm just ranting about the obvious here, but things like this really suck the fun out of going to concerts.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    double post, sorry