Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: How to destroy angels: live 2013

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Kinda figured it would be somebody playing Coachella. Glad its not IO Echo, cause that couldve been an easy choice in this situation.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Io Echo are kinda getting too big, plus they're on a different label. Would've been cool to see the Ross bros. though :P

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Awesome!! I really enjoy that DIIV album. My excitement for this tour just got even higher. April 23rd cannot come fast enough.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

Hah. io echo... Forgot about them. My wife used to date one of those guys.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    God damn it this is the wrong topic. I'm sorry.
    Last edited by gorast; 03-05-2013 at 12:48 AM. Reason: this is the live topic not the welcome oblivion one

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I thought the presale tickets were will call only, but the modlife site is telling me that my tickets have "shipped". Anyone else?

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    I thought the presale tickets were will call only, but the modlife site is telling me that my tickets have "shipped". Anyone else?
    same here.
    ticket on its way to the dutch mountains

edit: i mean the one from 'montclair' ; the one from nyc (ticketmaster.com) is 'will call' (no problem: it's seat numbered)
    Last edited by witte; 03-05-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nine_inch_nerd View Post
    same here.
    ticket on its way to the dutch mountains

edit: i mean the one from 'montclair' ; the one from nyc (ticketmaster.com) is 'will call' (no problem: it's seat numbered)
    had contact using email.
    correction:
    "the tickets will be at will-call when you get to the show"

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Yes, Pequena, Opera House would be awesome. Too bad it fits less than a thousand so it's off the radar for most bands. I think if it did even 1500 you might see it get utilzed more than it does. But of course then that would likely ruin the intimacy of it. I did see Saul Williams there though a while back and while I got into a bit of a tiff with the venue staff, the show itself was still very solid. My favorite all time show there was the Deftones secret show prior to Wakestock with Alexisonfire opening. Fuck that was incredible.

Speaking of Deftones, Botley that is good to know about SA not being owned by live nation, but I don't think Kool Haus is either. Do you know if it is? Deftones they played there a couple weeks ago, and I don't believe Deftones are signed to any LN deal.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

How to destroy angels: live 2013

These came in the mail yesterday

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Those tickets, does that mean that the show in San Fran will be broadcast on AXStv? That would be amazing!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Rob:
    "So far it hasn't changed much, but doing the live shows is going to make it quite a bit different. I'll be running visuals live from the stage - having never done that before, I'll have to let you know after the first show how it is being a stage performer. I think it's going to be a blast though. Regarding the visual presentation of the live performances, this will be very different from NIN shows, but an extremely visual experience. We're thrilled to be working with Roy Bennett and Moment Factory again..."

this made my day

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Good god yes. I did a university project on Moment Factory because I love their work so much and talked with them about their company. They're awesome people, I'm so happy they're involved again!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm really glad their Coachella set is being webcasted. At least I'll be able to see the show in some form.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Re: How to destroy angels: live 2013

For what it is worth Modlife fixed their site and you now have 4 minutes to checkout. Scored MD presale tickets.

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    That is *awesome* about Modlife.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had 0 problems getting tix for the Pomona show.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Two tix for Pomona! Got that and Vegas, and very excited.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    It was close for me. Refreshed the page at 12:00, saw the pre-sale change, got to the page where I selected # of tickets and pressed "Buy", and then it said I had nothing in my cart. Went back to tour.howtodestroyangels.com and it already said "Sold Out". Went through this process several more times until it finally said tickets were available through Ticketmaster and LiveNation, so I fired up both of those links and got into the checkout process where I had 9:30 remaining to purchase. At this point, went back to the tour page and refreshed again in one last bout of desperation and I was able to get through the checkout process and got an order confirmation number, then cancelled the TM/LN carts. Thank God!

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Alessandro Cortini will be pulling double duty alongside Trent, performing with HTDA for their dates next month.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    Alessandro Cortini will be pulling double duty alongside Trent, performing with HTDA for their dates next month.
    Sonoio opening set? please?

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    DIIV are going to be the opening band (never heard of them)

from facebook:
    Pleased to announce that our good friend and collaborator Alessandro Cortini will be joining us on stage as part of the live band. And in case you hadn't heard, we're excited to have DIIV opening for us at all of the shows (except Denver). Tour dates: http://tour.destroyangels.com/

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I wonder why DIIV isn't doing the Denver show.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Rob confirmed via twitter yesterday that they wont be releasing any offical live DVD/Blu Ray come end of tour, just concentrating on the live stream of Coachella this time round.

https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...03830663118848

(Link now works thanks to SD's input in next post, so his post makes sense!)
    Last edited by simonn; 03-14-2013 at 07:51 AM. Reason: IT incompetence rectification scenario

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...03830663118848 is the link you want.

And to be fair, a live DVD for a band doing less than 20 dates on their first tour would be a BIT too ambitious :P

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    https://twitter.com/rob_sheridan/sta...03830663118848 is the link you want.

And to be fair, a live DVD for a band doing less than 20 dates on their first tour would be a BIT too ambitious :P
    Cheers for correcting that SD. Yeah, though it might be pushing it, but if you don't ask...

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    If LN owns Sound Academy and Kool Haus, why do they book Sound Adacemy every single fucking time when people obviously hate it and the acoustics are horrible? I can't see it being a numbers thing, they are both hold around 3k. There is some mysterious reason for this... one day I will get to the bottom of it.
    Last edited by AgentofChaos; 03-14-2013 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    LN does not own Sound Academy. There's your answer right there. All the non-LN bands are basically forced there (or the Danforth, which I vastly prefer).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just took a look at Ticketmaster on a lark while I was looking for something else and noticed that now several seats in row C in the lower mezzanine for the Apollo show had become available. Managed to get 2 seats which are better than the previous 2 I had (need to figure out whether to sell those now or find other friends to take along) so just wanted to let people know that about a dozen not bad seats are currently available on Ticketmaster.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Ok nevermind Botley Deftones are definitely signed with Live Nation, at least in Canada. My tickets shipped late and got held at customs for that March 1st show, so I had to do will call and they didn't issue actual tickets when I got there, just little tear one drink generic tickets for entry. Then, I come home from work yesterday, and low and behold what has arrived a good 3 weeks after the show? My Deftones tickets, printed on Live Nation stock.

Mystery solved.