Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 21 of 45 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21 22 23 31 ... LastLast

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Slayer tonight.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Bought my ticket for Slipknot in June pretty excited. Wish it was someone else other than Manson.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Wed 3/30 - Iron Maiden @ MSG

Wed 4/6 - Fear Factory @ MSG

Thurs 4/14 - Underoath @ Starland

Fri 4/15 - Underoath @ Best Buy Theatre

Fri 4/22 - Behemoth @ Webster Hall

Sat 5/7 - Monica, Ginuwine, Joe, Tank, Keiysha Cole & Avant @ Barclays Center

Sat 5/7 - Borgeous @Marquee Nightclub

Thurs 5/19 - Telefon Tel Aviv/Moderat @ Webster Hall

Fri 6/4 - Primavera Sound Festival, Barcelona

Sun 6/5 - Summer Jam 2016, Giants Stadium

Fri 6/10 - Pity Sex @ Bowery Ballroom

Fri 6/24 & Sat 6/25 - Modern Baseball & Joyce Manor @ Irving Plaza

Sat 7/9 - Nothing @ Bowery Ballroom

Fri 7/15 - The Hotelier @ Bowery Ballroom

7/26 - Radiohead @ MSG
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 03-22-2016 at 01:58 AM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)

caught lcd soundsystem last night at their reunion show. fucking incredible, don't miss them if you have the chance this year.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    i still don't understand what is entertaining about LCD. I've tried listening to them a whole bunch and it does nothing for me. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    i still don't understand what is entertaining about LCD. I've tried listening to them a whole bunch and it does nothing for me. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    There's no accounting for taste. If you've tried lots, then you just don't like them. The fact that some of us enjoy the rough edges of post-punk laid over a tight dance groove doesn't mean that the rest of you have to.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So I'm going to the Iggy Pop/Josh Holm show Monday in the Cities. Kid I work with had an extra ticket it seems. I probably shouldn't go because money, however the other times I've done that I've always wished I had gone, so fuck it. Especially seeing as how this probably won't happen again and I feel like I need to see Iggy. I'll report back.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Saw Duran Duran with Chic feat. Nile Rodgers a couple nights ago.
    Hoping to get free tickets to The Cult in a couple weeks.
    Smashing Pumpkins 5/1
    Weezer 6/15
    The Cure. We have tickets to both Atlanta and Miami. Not sure if we are going to one or both. My husband has friends in Atlanta that were planning on going but he's not sure if they are now and I'm not sure I want to drive to Atlanta to sit on the lawn. And then need to be in Miami two days later.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    I saw Andy Hull (Manchester Orchestra) and Casey Crescenzo (The Dear Hunter) do acoustic sets on Friday in Nashville. Good show.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Fuck Guns N Roses! Kraftwerk is coming here on September 6 just five minutes from where I live! Fuck yeah!!!! http://www.avclub.com/article/kraftw...tour-us-235817

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Dillinger & Mastodon in Philly next week and I can't wait.
    Followed by The Black Queen in NYC in early June.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Fuck Guns N Roses! Kraftwerk is coming here on September 6 just five minutes from where I live! Fuck yeah!!!! http://www.avclub.com/article/kraftw...tour-us-235817
    I just picked up tickets for Kraftwerk too. 3D. I hear it's pretty cool.

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)
    Saw it last year and it is awesome.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Dillinger & Mastodon in Philly next week and I can't wait.
    Followed by The Black Queen in NYC in early June.
    Just saw Dillinger in Amityville 2 nights ago and am also seeing TBQ in June

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Nice! I'll be at the TBQ show as well with the wife!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    woop woop!!!! thanks to bff, had best mothers day ever...watching cage the elephant in an interesting venue.
    fucking rad show. the lead singer is literally one step off from being a one man aerial circus. he must've been both a helicopter AND a kangaroo, in his last life.
    amaze balls. if you get a chance to catch them on this tour...you fucking should. solid. reaffirmed my faith in live music, they did.
    <3
    Last edited by Lew; 05-09-2016 at 08:03 AM. Reason: grammar police...done got me

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    a radio rock band reaffirmed your faith in live music? get out more methinks.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    a radio rock band reaffirmed your faith in live music? get out more methinks.
    nope. sorry. lol. i see plenty of live bands, and *that* was a front man deluxe. i get tired of seeing bands who try to dictate the concert experience to those who just paid for a performance, so these gents (particularly the lead singer) were very refreshing. i am honestly thinking of going to see up and coming bands, only, because i have grown so tired of the diva-esque-ness of the established bands i have seen over the last 4 years. cage the elephant are not huge, but for a band that receives solid radio play..well, they surprised me with their energy.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lew View Post
    i get tired of seeing bands who try to dictate the concert experience to those who just paid for a performance
    In all seriousness: what on earth does this mean? This has nothing to do with anything else that you wrote; couldn't care less who you like or what shows get you moving. Just trying to interpret what this means.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    In all seriousness: what on earth does this mean? This has nothing to do with anything else that you wrote; couldn't care less who you like or what shows get you moving. Just trying to interpret what this means.
    over the last five years, i have had numerous concert experiences where we, the audience, are told to "get up" "dance like you mean it" and various things that made me wish i had a megaphone so i could remind them that *we* just paid for *them* to perform, and if our/my/whatever way to enjoy a concert is to sit down and just vibe...well, that is our business. i just don't get why so many of my "big" bands (as in: well established) try to dictate the experience, rather than letting it flow. that is why sometimes i reckon maybe i should just see up and comers...they just want an audience, period.
    it just really gets under my skin, @theimage13

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    PJ Harvey in August.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    like I said, you're seeing the wrong bands live.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    like I said, you're seeing the wrong bands live.
    Wait, what?!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by virushopper View Post
    Wait, what?!
    lol! that was to me.
    i would be surprised, and no i don't know why, if bobbie solo took issue with pj harvey.

who are your top 3 live bands, @bobbie solo

i am willing to entertain the idea that, perhaps, i do see the wrong bands ;p but i want solid advice, though.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Manic Street Preachers on Saturday night touring Everything Must Go's 20th Anniversary. Looking forward to it, first time seeing Manics!!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    nah PJ Harvey is awesome. Naming my top 3 live bands might be impossible. Obviously NIN is one. At the moment, Turnstile is right there for me. Their shows are bananas. And I guess no one has moved me emotionally live as much as M83 did a few years back.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Anybody know the best places to sell tickets that don't involve fees or anything? I've got a single ticket for PIL at Cardiff Tramshed on 29th may. It's not sold out so i'd just want to sell it for half price (£15 including postage) but when you go on the ticket resale sites they're not worth it when you take fees into account

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Last edited by Your Name Here; 07-25-2016 at 02:32 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey all I am visiting New York City this weekend. Any locals know of any good shows to check out between now and Sunday night? Later in the evening the better.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swarm View Post
    Hey all I am visiting New York City this weekend. Any locals know of any good shows to check out between now and Sunday night? Later in the evening the better.
    I'm not a New Yorker but I highly suggest you go to http://www.saintvitusbar.com/