Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 46 of 46 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46
Results 1,351 to 1,353 of 1353

Thread: The concerts thread

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    Minnesota Yacht Club Festival was a lot of fun! I went for the Offspring and Gwen Stefani. I stayed for Joan Jett, Alanis Morissette, Soul Asylum, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (The Black Crowes cancelled at the last minute due to illness.) I heard that the lines for food and drinks were ridiculous (need more vendors for that). Also, the cell phone and internet receptions were nonexistent due to being bogged down by so many people in one area. Hopefully these can be resolved next year and it can become an annual thing like so many other regional summer and fall music festivals.

(Yes, I did see the Offspring twice in a 7-week time span. The Anaheim concert was announced first and I had that and the trip all set well before Yacht Club was announced.)
    How was Offspring? Looking forward to finally seeing them at Riot Fest this year.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leo3375 View Post
    Minnesota Yacht Club Festival was a lot of fun! I went for the Offspring and Gwen Stefani. I stayed for Joan Jett, Alanis Morissette, Soul Asylum, and the Red Hot Chili Peppers. (The Black Crowes cancelled at the last minute due to illness.) I heard that the lines for food and drinks were ridiculous (need more vendors for that). Also, the cell phone and internet receptions were nonexistent due to being bogged down by so many people in one area. Hopefully these can be resolved next year and it can become an annual thing like so many other regional summer and fall music festivals.

(Yes, I did see the Offspring twice in a 7-week time span. The Anaheim concert was announced first and I had that and the trip all set well before Yacht Club was announced.)
    I was there for Friday and saw Joan Jett, Durry, Alanis Morissette, and the last 4 songs of Gwen Stefani's set (we spent most of her set in line for food, unfortunately). I would have liked to be there for Saturday too, but it was my wife's birthday and she wasn't interested in seeing the Chili Peppers again (we saw them a little over a year ago at US Bank stadium), so we wound up seeing Prof (Minneapolis rapper) again instead.
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 07-25-2024 at 02:29 AM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    How was Offspring? Looking forward to finally seeing them at Riot Fest this year.
    They're always fun live. Their set was only an hour long, though, but still a good time. the GA crowd was pretty crazy.

As for Riot Fest: If Anaheim was any indication, they're going to start off playing Smash in track list order, except for "Self Esteem," which will serve as the encore of that portion of their set. Then they're going to do their more well-known songs that aren't on Smash. This will depend on how much time they get for their set.