Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 22 ... LastLast

Thread: Little Things That Piss You Off - more bitching about your mom

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    I am going to be that little old lady with the blue rinse!
    Get change purse. Fill with equal parts change, candy, keys to a house you used to live in, and receipts for purchases of under a quid.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    These....are the contents of my existing purse.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    Low five! Me too.
    (inverted smile)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Depression. Really bad now. I'm gonna get drunk and listen to some Tom Waits. Not the best way to handle it, but I've never really been one to handle things well.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    These....are the contents of my existing purse.
    There is no more I can teach you. Go, my student.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    alcohol poisoning... I can't keep down any food (or even water), I constantly feel like I'm freezing cold, and my whole body aches. I have to keep trying to drink water or else I'll get dehydrated, and it's just making me constantly throw up.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Sounds like you need a beer.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Valentines Day pisses me off .... need vodka

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Skrillex winning three grammys pisses me off more.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Why does it take so long to get over flu. It started Fri. night, then hit hard Saturday and here it is Tuesday night and I can hardly walk around my house.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Had that same flu last week. Lasted 7 days. I just got over it. Here's to gettin over! Cheers.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    alcohol poisoning... I can't keep down any food (or even water), I constantly feel like I'm freezing cold, and my whole body aches. I have to keep trying to drink water or else I'll get dehydrated, and it's just making me constantly throw up.
    I've been you.

Why didn't you go to the hospital?

You needed IV fluid. Tell them you think you have the flu, they won't question it and they'll give you an IV.

You could die from that shit.

You need to figure out your way of stopping the binge drinking. It's not normal, it's dangerous, it's destructive.

(it's also quite possible that you had something other than what you think you had. Norwalk has been going around again.)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus
    Last edited by allegro; 02-14-2012 at 10:30 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I really have no idea why I try and talk to my ex, she's got a lot of stuff going on in her life and even though we're not long separated, I still feel like giving her all the support and help I can. We've been talking casually every now and then since, just talking shit, but apparently it hasn't struck home until today (Valentines.). The trouble is it inevitably gets thrown back in my face and I feel like fuckwit for having tried to help out. Guess I should just stop putting myself in that position.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I've been you.

Why didn't you go to the hospital?

You needed IV fluid. Tell them you think you have the flu, they won't question it and they'll give you an IV.

You could die from that shit.

You need to figure out your way of stopping the binge drinking. It's not normal, it's dangerous, it's destructive.

(it's also quite possible that you had something other than what you think you had. Norwalk has been going around again.)

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norovirus
    I was actually considering going to the hospital. I'm feeling much better today, except for my stomach and throat muscles aching from throwing up so much.

And yeah, I've been trying to avoid drinking too much. Part of it was that it was birthday celebrations, but it was also just kinda dumb and way over the top. Given how unbelievably awful yesterday was, and the realization that I'm just getting too old for this shit, I've been planning on cutting out drinking entirely... at least for a while. And if I do get to drinking again, I'm not going to do it on a regular basis. I think I've just gotten in the habit of having a couple beers or some whiskey on a daily basis, and every now and again it gets overboard. The tricky thing now is that I've found that when I don't have anything to drink at all, I have insomnia, and if I get to sleep I have INSANE nightmares. Crazy, beyond vivid, horrifying nightmares that stay with me and really mess with my head. I'm aware that these symptoms are troubling for entirely different reasons, and it bothers me... because if it's what I think it might be, apparently I could die from quitting drinking altogether. I don't know if it's possible that I've gone that far off the deep end, but I guess it might be.

It's a really bad catch-22, and drinking doesn't help with depression. I've made an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow afternoon.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Glad to hear you're seeing a doctor about all that, Jinsai. Sorry to hear you're going through it. You're definitely taking the right steps, though, instead of just trying to quit cold turkey. Like you said, quitting cold turkey after you've been doing it so frequently can be really dangerous in some cases, and it seems like not a lot of people know that, and don't get a doctor's help to ease off it safely. So you're definitely ahead of the game there. Keep us posted on how you're feeling, yeah?

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I am sick and have to do heavy lifting today.

Edit: Yeah, Jinsai, I agree with theruiner, you should see a doctor. Nightmares can be caused by alcohol withdrawal- there are varying stages of withdrawel so you could easily have nightmares without the full blown DTs.
    Last edited by DF118; 02-15-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    It's a really bad catch-22, and drinking doesn't help with depression. I've made an appointment to see a doctor tomorrow afternoon.
    That is probably the best decision you can make - they can help you detox safely, and maybe have some help for long term better health. Do post about how it went.
    Thanks Blackholesun - that gives me some hope - I'm a very impatient patient. I had to 'teach' aerobics today - I'd canceled Monday as I couldn't get my head off the pillow but I'm the business owner and have paying customers, and no one to sub for me today. So I stood on my small platform, had a chair next to me, put my hand on it to stay steady just in case, and basically 'cued' moves that they know well. I got through it and am now back at home in bed for the rest of the day.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Now I feel like an asshole, sorry Jinsai.

Mentioned
    562 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    Now I feel like an asshole, sorry Jinsai.
    heh, nah I thought it was funny.

So, I'll be doing this outside of the hospital I guess, with my eye out for any warning signs or things that might arise. I'm supposed to check back in again on friday and make sure that I'm hanging in ok. I'm not a hypochondriac, but I'm a little worried about this stuff in general. It's all pretty unnerving, and it's not the best time for people to be throwing heavy depressing stuff at me, but they're doing it anyway. Sometimes that's how it goes I guess. I feel like I should be more upset than I am.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

So, I'll be doing this outside of the hospital I guess, with my eye out for any warning signs or things that might arise. I'm supposed to check back in again on friday and make sure that I'm hanging in ok. I'm not a hypochondriac, but I'm a little worried about this stuff in general. It's all pretty unnerving, and it's not the best time for people to be throwing heavy depressing stuff at me, but they're doing it anyway. Sometimes that's how it goes I guess. I feel like I should be more upset than I am.
    You definitely need to make time to take care of yourself. If it means distancing yourself from those who are throwing depressing stuff your way, then do it. If those people are your friends and if they claim to like/love you, they will understand that you need to do this in order to get better. Anyway, they will always be there afterwards with all new depressing stuff because that's just how life is.

The point is that only you can do this for yourself. Sometimes, being selfish is a way to survive.

And I don't think for one second that you're a hypochondriac (and that's because I have one in my immediate entourage; I know how they work.) If you have the slightest feeling that something is wrong, don't hesitate for a second to act on it. Have it checked. Don't leave anything to chance.

You can get through this, you're strong enough. This crazy old lady have faith in you, young man.

As for what is pissing me off right now: I can't get my monitor in the right position again. I moved it a couple of days ago and now it always seems "not right". It's very annoying.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

Don't let the downers get you down. You can manage this and know you better than anyone else does. My best to you.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jinsai, I'm very proud of you and I'm sure lots of other people here are, too.

You are absolutely doing the right thing.

Keep us posted on your progress?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm in a Developmental Psychology class and I could not give less of a fuck about this stuff. Piaget can suck a dick. Also, I'm getting sick. Pity me.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    When someone doesn't carry cash to a restaurant but also doesn't ask for a separate checks when the waiter shows up.

When someone ignores the tip or TAX when putting down their part of a shared bill.

When people don't necessarily get that you aren't trying to be nitpicky, you're just poor and can't afford to cover for them. That hasn't happened but I worry about it sometimes.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    It's happened to me, and it IS annoying.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    My girlfriend dragged me to hot topic. I want to go on a murdering spree.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The practice of posting photos of food on Facebook. I don't give a fuck what you're eating!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    As for what is pissing me off right now: I can't get my monitor in the right position again. I moved it a couple of days ago and now it always seems "not right". It's very annoying.
    It's like when someone moves the seat in my car. It just never seems to go back into the sweet spot.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    My girlfriend's dad's wife. This time, she made a huge deal about the 500th episode of The Simpsons, and how she wanted all of us to sit around together and be a part of tv history and share the moment....And then told us she'd never seen a single episode. "I just think it's so funny. I was listening to them talk about it on NPR, and they were commentating about the discussions of worldly education that they depict in the show and how that reflects on society. For example - they were having an 'Ethiopian dinner' in one episode, and the little girl, I can't remember her name, but she's the smart one in the family, she was saying how she was just so absolutely thrilled about it, because she could put her experience of eating the food on her future college resume! Ha! Ha!"

She is INCREDIBLY wordy, in case you couldn't tell. This is how she describes eeeverything - In slow, wordy, overly precise detail.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I now hate your girlfriend's dad's wife.