^^ like people who eat on the bus?

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    They need to be euthanized.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    The only public enclosed spaces where eating is OK are: restaurants and cafes, and the cinema (provided it's popcorn you're eating).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Every W2 I enter onto my HR Block account = less money I receive in return from the IRS

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Didn't think I'd be saying this anymore, but well...therapy sucked today. I found myself not wanting to talk about certain big things I have been avoiding thinking. I know therapy is for crying, but I fucking hate it anyways. I've been crying so often lately, I really am getting tired of it.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Three stickers on an apple.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    Or a plane.

How about using nail polish remover on a plane?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Ooh. Anything to do with public toiletry activities: putting on makeup, clipping nails. But nail polish on a plane has got to be illegal. Highly flammable.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 03-14-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Falling back into old habits that I'm trying to beat is really pissing me off...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    The name Carl. It just sounds like a disease or some kind of discharge. "Clean his wounds, nurse. They're starting to fill up with Carl."

"What happened to Sergio?"
    "He caught the Carl. Went to the hospital and died that night. Fucking blood and shit everywhere. Goddamn Carl. What a horrible disease."

Maybe something a pirate says. "Yarr! I'll be takin' all yer Carl for me own!"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Coworker takes about 1/2 hour to munch on her dry cereal behind me. It's in a plastic container and each bite she digs around in it to scoop up a few pieces. It was so peaceful those 7 weeks she was on her maternity leave. Oh, and coworkers who pause their working when the boss leaves the room.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I'm leaving college. I've had enough. The only thing I've accomplished is causing myself more stress and frustration. I don't care if this fucks my future up, it's not like I was even going to have one.
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 03-15-2012 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not sure if this should go here or the dream thread. But having the kind of dreams I had last night (about things I thought I had dealt with) has made me really depressed. What a shitty feeling day this is going to be.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    When you explain something to someone, and instead of them digesting the words, they interpret the *way* you said them. Especially when the words were written down in referential black and white. And then they complain because the instructions were wrong. Because they chose to read the tone instead of the content.

Fucktards.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icklekitty View Post
    When you explain something to someone, and instead of them digesting the words, they interpret the *way* you said them. Especially when the words were written down in referential black and white. And then they complain because the instructions were wrong. Because they chose to read the tone instead of the content.

Fucktards.
    Every god damn day in my job, drives me crazy.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Blowing my nose for the last three days is now making it peel like some sort of zombie. Gross.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Every god damn day in my job, drives me crazy.
    I tend to phrase things really tentatively/carefully with people I don't know because I get afraid of coming off as abrasive, but I experience people completely misunderstanding me a lot. And then I have to rephrase it and then people potentially get annoyed with me for not dropping it/ I come across as belaboring a point. WELL YOU THINK I'M SAYING SOMETHING THAT I'M NOT WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Ticketbastard.

"You have to wait approximately forever minutes."

Edit: And sold out. Bastards.
    Last edited by DF118; 03-16-2012 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Bastards.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by playwithfire View Post
    I tend to phrase things really tentatively/carefully with people I don't know because I get afraid of coming off as abrasive, but I experience people completely misunderstanding me a lot. And then I have to rephrase it and then people potentially get annoyed with me for not dropping it/ I come across as belaboring a point. WELL YOU THINK I'M SAYING SOMETHING THAT I'M NOT WHY CAN'T YOU UNDERSTAND.

Also true. LEARN ENGLISH HUMANS.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    So because Paddy's Day is the Most Important Day in the History of the Emerald Isle, we get two public holidays for it this year—one on Saturday 17th and one on Monday (the traditional 'bank holiday' that always falls on a Monday). At work they're giving some of the weekday staff the Saturday off and some the Monday off because otherwise they'd be paying us all double-time (and frankly, who's going to be coming into town to buy kettles on the Most Important Day? They don't need everyone working). Problem is, I'm in on Monday morning and there's limited bus service. So I guess I get to walk all the way into town or whatever.

This holiday is such a joke. We need two days off for what exactly? So that we can be collectively drunk as a nation for one of them and have a sober day off for the other? Ugh.
    Last edited by Hula; 03-16-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Being a broke-ass college student; I forgot how much this sucks.

To top it off, I haven't been paid for the month of February yet - and it's mid March. What really takes the cake is that I turned my time sheet in at EXACTLY THE SAME MOMENT as my co-worker, and he got paid ON TIME. WTF!?!?!

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    This holiday is such a joke. We need two days off for what exactly? So that we can be collectively drunk as a nation for one of them and have a sober day off for the other? Ugh.
    This is probably the exact reason. Frankly, we should do that for Halloween, too.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    This is probably the exact reason. Frankly, we should do that for Halloween, too.
    And precisely why we have Black(out) Friday.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    So because Paddy's Day is the Most Important Day in the History of the Emerald Isle, we get two public holidays for it this year—one on Saturday 17th and one on Monday (the traditional 'bank holiday' that always falls on a Monday). At work they're giving some of the weekday staff the Saturday off and some the Monday off because otherwise they'd be paying us all double-time (and frankly, who's going to be coming into town to buy kettles on the Most Important Day? They don't need everyone working). Problem is, I'm in on Monday morning and there's limited bus service. So I guess I get to walk all the way into town or whatever.

That could possibly be worse then everyone thinking they're Irish for one day of the year. Because alllll Irish people are alcoholics you have to go out and drink too much and be loud and obnoxious. I hate that holiday - as an Irish American - it offends me. I'm sort of disappointed about your comments though - when I was a kid, I told everyone that people in Ireland didn't drink on that holiday. It was a religious holiday. All my Jewish friends believed me.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Why do I get into arguments with people on Facebook?

This is so stupid. I know this is stupid. But I am seeing not one, not two, but THREE people all agreeing that doctors are a bunch of crazy assholes out to kill everyone, and that chemotherapy is bullshit and the way to cure cancer is through "holistic" medicine. And I'm sorry, but I can't just sit here and watch that and not say anything to these morons. And it especially pisses me off because I've had someone close to me die of cancer, and these idiots are saying, hey, she shouldn't have done chemo, she should have gone to some "alternative doctor" who would have prescribed a combination of fruit salad and putting mud all over your body while humming Enya and crunching cucumbers under your feet. WHY ARE PEOPLE SO GOD DAMN STUPID?

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    All my Jewish friends believed me.
    I STILL believe you.

St. Patty's Day is an excuse for people to get drunk and make fools of themselves without being chastised in the states. Same thing with New Year's Eve. People will talk the rest of the year about how drunk they got on those two nights while your average alcoholic looks at it as nothing more than another night. Oh and wearing green, fuck that!

Ruiner, as someone who's mom is going though chemotherapy currently, I agree with you 100%. My mother is as sick as she's ever been so going through these treatments are really the only options left for her at this point. I doubt she'd just want to sit back and take advice from a bagger at Whole Foods rather than seek treatments from professionals.
    Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 03-16-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

You should see the amount of Plastic Paddies there are here in NYC. Every second house has a HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAAAAAAY clover on the front door and there are retarded green hats everywhere.
    Last edited by DF118; 03-16-2012 at 05:04 PM.

An unfortunate place somewhere in the Southwest
    Mentioned
    68 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    Ruiner, as someone who's mom is going though chemotherapy currently, I agree with you 100%. My mother is as sick as she's ever been so going through these treatments are really the only options left for her at this point. I doubt she'd just want to sit back and take advice from a bagger at Whole Foods rather than seek treatments from professionals.
    Thank you! Seriously.

I had a co-worker of mine once tell me, I swear to God, she told me, "You know there is a cure for cancer! But no one wants to do it because it involves eating vegetables." What.

Then again, this same co-worker didn't believe in evolution and told me that the U.S. government has secret internment camps for Muslims that nobody knows about. In other words, this co-worker was FREAKING CRAZY.

But anyway, yeah, I just find it absolutely absurd, and I've heard a lot of this crap lately and I just got sick of it. But you can't convince crazy people not to be crazy, so I'm sure my logical arguments will go in one ear and out the other.

And I hope your mom gets better, Josh! Sorry that she's going through all that.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Thanks Ryan, it's a day by day thing. For about two weeks she's been going for treatments and appointments and work related documentation. Pretty much it looks like she'll have to take a year off from doing any kind of work, which kind of puts my academic future with some uncertainty being as I'll be working full time and caretaking for my mother. It's almost been like one step forward with her health is now two steps back.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    You should see the amount of Plastic Paddies there are here in NYC. Every second house has a HAPPY ST PATRICK'S DAAAAAAY clover on the front door and there are retarded green hats everywhere.
    Yeah, that was my private hell right there. Hic- let's go down to Fifth Avenue and puke all over the parade - hic.

The only good memory that I have of St. Pat's Day in New York is walking away from Fifth Avenue and literally bumping into the Police Bag Pipe Band just strolling down the street. Geeze, giants in skirts. I was awed. I was 12.