Quote Originally Posted by Kris View Post
I dislike it when people use the word is in lieu of the word are in reference to plural nouns. I'm far from being a "Grammar Nazi", and I make my share of errors when I'm writing or speaking, but that's just grating on my eyes and ears.

I'm also still not fond of double negatives either. They literally don't add up.

Oh yes, and I also can't stand being accused of being a "Grammar Nazi" or a "pseudo-intellect" just because I deliberate choose to not communicate in SMS language in all of my posts in Facebook. I'm sorry, but that pisses me off to no end because I didn't even claim to be smarter than everybody.

Which reminds me to say that I'm annoyed when people that use SMS language in all their posts, no matter where they are on the Internet just because they "aren't being graded for it" or "because it's not a resume". Sure, that may be the case, but it certainly takes a lot away from their credibility. It doesn't make sense when they're pissed over others telling them that they're inarticulate either. What should they expect when they're only resorting to typing in textese, and why should that make me an asshole just because I'm not into the way they type?
You need to open a Grammar Thread.

Walking through a store heard two guys talking in Twitter Speak - #FML, #Notfunny #dorky