Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Garbage

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Special edition of Bleed Like Me will be released on 4/5. First time it will be released on vinyl.
    Will get this for disc 2

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    International shipping is horrendous. I hope it comes out locally

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    It should show up on Amazon soon.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yes i have been waiting too. It has shown up on Amazon UK only

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to Bleed Like Me for a while, but I loved that album. With its grungy guitars, I thought it was maybe their most 90s sounding album, despite being released in 2005. If the album had been released 5-10 years earlier, it would have been huge, and the singles would have been all over MTV/radio.

Garbage's last several albums have been great, but I always gravitate towards their first four.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm not usually much of a ranker, but i'd go with:

1. Garbage
    2. Version 2.0
    3. Bleed Like Me
    4. Strange Little Birds
    5. Beautiful Garbage
    6. No Gods, No Masters
    7. Not Your Kind of People

All their albums are pretty solid, the higher ones are just more consistent

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    My ranking
    1. Version 2.0
    2. Bleed Like Me
    3. Garbage
    4. Beautifulgarbage
    5. NYKOP
    6. Strange Little Birds
    7. No Gods, No Masters

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Ooh this is tricky

Version 2.0
    Strange Little Birds
    Garbage
    BeautifulGarbage
    Bleed Like Me
    No Gods, No Masters
    Not Your Kind of People

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    1. No Gods, No Masters
    2. Strange Little Birds
    3. Version 2.0
    4. Garbage
    5. Bleed Like Me
    6. Not your kind of people
    7. Beautiful Garbage

The latest two are just too good.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cahernandez View Post
    1. No Gods, No Masters
    2. Strange Little Birds
    3. Version 2.0
    4. Garbage
    5. Bleed Like Me
    6. Not your kind of people
    7. Beautiful Garbage

The latest two are just too good.
    Strange Little Birds has such a special place in my heart.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    garbage
    version 2.0
    strange little birds
    bleed like me
    no gods no masters
    beautifulgarbage
    not your kind of people

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ranking the albums is a bit of a challenge, because of the abundance of b-sides. There's probably three albums worth of released material that's not on the studio releases. I'd rank Beautifulgarbage higher on the list if the (excellent) b-sides are included.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    1. Version 2.0
    2. Garbage
    3. Beautifulgarbage
    4. Bleed Like Me
    5. NYKOP
    6. Strange Little Birds
    7. No Gods, No Masters

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Pre ordered it earlier on amazon

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I listened to No Gods No Masters tonight. This album kind of came and went for me. I'm glad I revisited it; it's a fantastic album. It has what I might describe as a neon-noir feel—glittery, futuristic, with hints of retro 80s new wave, with a touch of darkness bubbling underneath. It's worth getting the deluxe edition, which includes eight bonus songs—all of which are fantastic. This material is as good as what made the album proper. The covers of "Starman" and "Because the Night" are great takes. Overall, it's a great body of work from the 2017-2021 era of the band.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-21-2024 at 11:57 PM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    You know what's weird about Garbage for me? I've been a fan since their first album, but there is not ONE ALBUM that's a 10/10. There'll be half an album of pure gold, then the rest I find completely forgettable. It's bizarre. Happens with EVERY ALBUM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The bonus material on the bonus disc of Bleed Like Me is fantastic. All of these b-sides are as good as what's on the album.

Last edited by GulDukat; 04-20-2024 at 01:04 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The bonus material on the bonus disc of Bleed Like Me is fantastic. All of these b-sides are as good as what's on the album proper.

Honeybee has been a longtime favourite of mine - hopefully it gets more love and attention now it's more easily available.

The remaster sounds pretty good too, I noticed a difference straight away in Bad Boyfriend especially when the drums kick in

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    Honeybee has been a longtime favourite of mine - hopefully it gets more love and attention now it's more easily available.

The remaster sounds pretty good too, I noticed a difference straight away in Bad Boyfriend especially when the drums kick in
    I haven't listened to the remaster yet. I didn't think it would matter much as the original album was released just under 20 years ago. But I'll give it a spin.

It's amazing the number of fantastic songs this band recorded that never made it to the studio albums.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Right Between The Eyes is such a badass song. I can listen to that over and over.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I haven't listened to the remaster yet. I didn't think it would matter much as the original album was released just under 20 years ago. But I'll give it a spin.

It's amazing the number of fantastic songs this band recorded that never made it to the studio albums.
    yeah I’m surprised - to me it just sounds like everything in the mix has a little more room to breathe?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Agreed. They're one of my favorite bands and I loved it when I discovered all their B-side tracks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I was listening to Strange Little Birds for the first time in probably a few years. And I think I've only played it a few times. I find a lot of times with established acts, the later releases get lost in the shuffle, as I gravitate towards the known, earlier classics. I never truly appreciated how amazing this album is. "Empty," "If I Lost You" and "Even Though Our Loved is Doomed" are some of their best songs. The album has this lush, wall-of-sound, divine, grand atmosphere. I should listen to Strange Little Birds more often.

Next album to revisit is Not Your Kind of People. This was never my favorite Garbage album. I thought it was good, but not great and kind of a let-down after a run of four terrific albums.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 04-20-2024 at 12:53 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I was listening to Strange Little Birds for the first time in probably a few years. And I think I've only played it a few times. I find a lot of times with established acts, the later releases get lost in the shuffle, as I gravitate towards the known, earlier classics. I never truly appreciated how amazing this album is. "Empty," "If I Lost You" and "Even Though Our Loved is Doomed" are some of their best songs. The album has this lush, wall-of-sound, divine, grand atmosphere. I should listen to Strange Little Birds more often.

Next album to revisit is Not Your Kind of People. This was never my favorite Garbage album. I thought it was good, but not great and kind of a let-down after a run of four terrific albums.
    If I recall correctly the band described Strange Little Birds as “cinematic” when it was released and I think they hit the nail on the head. If you haven’t I’d recommend listening to Fucking With You, it’s a hidden track on the vinyl version and I love it. Amends is an epic closer but Fucking With You almost feels like the end credits or an epilogue. If you like it I can send you the vinyl rip I got of it years ago.

I do enjoy Not Your Kind of People a fair bit even though I rank it last, it has some of my absolute favourites on it (Control, Battle In Me, The One just to name a few) it’s a solid album but it sort of has that “getting back into the swing of things and finding their feet again” vibe which which given the hiatus is fair enough in my opinion. I’d be a little rusty too in their shoes!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Disassociative View Post
    If I recall correctly the band described Strange Little Birds as “cinematic” when it was released and I think they hit the nail on the head. If you haven’t I’d recommend listening to Fucking With You, it’s a hidden track on the vinyl version and I love it. Amends is an epic closer but Fucking With You almost feels like the end credits or an epilogue. If you like it I can send you the vinyl rip I got of it years ago.

Thanks for posting about the song and offering to send the file. I don't think I've heard this before. I quite like it.

I'm guessing that Bleed Like Me will be the last album that gets the deluxe treatment. Not Your Kind of People and No Gods No Masters already have deluxe editions with several bonus tracks. I think FWY is the only track from the Strange Little Birds era that didn't make the album.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Wow, didn't know that track existed. Thanks for posting.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It’s a total hidden gem. It deserves better than been hidden on the vinyl version
    I got a copy reasonably priced from Discogs just for it. With Bleed Like Me on its way to me (should arrive this week) I’ll have every Garbage album except NYKOP on vinyl and that one is priced way more than what I’d want to pay for it used. Maybe if it gets a re-pressing someday.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Holy crap just found out about this song til now, it's great! Spinning my vinyl now.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    how did I miss that track as well? what a killer! thanks for pointing that out, @Disassociative !

listening to a rip of the record store day release (waiting to get the copy that a friend picked up for me). pretty good! really love the 'song to the siren' cover.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Hoping they put the RSD release on streaming/digital soon, I missed out in store in Perth and the 7 copies available from my usual online retailer in Sydney disappeared before 6am my time - gotta love the time difference haha