Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    My advice to anybody going to Lollapalooza is ENJOY LOLLAPALOOZA and see as many bands as you can. If you're at the Bud Light Stage for QOTSA stay there for NIN and you'll be fine. You'll get a decent view of the stage from as far back as just behind the sound booth. Remember NIN is touring this fall and most likely again in 2014 so ENJOY LOLLAPALOOZA!

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    They always have those really giant projection screens on either side of the stage, plus you can see the special effects lighting from outer space. So, yeah, just enjoy the music on a beautiful night on Lake Michigan in Chicago.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Now's as good a time as any -

I have two Friday tickets and two Sunday tickets that I'm looking to get rid of. Price is the cost. No extra charge. I'm willing to accept below cost within reason, of course.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    In!!!!!!

Will send PM

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Friday claimed - Sunday is stilll available if you want to meet up so I can tell you how awesome NIN was on Friday!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well done Lt. Randazzo. It's great to see people on this forum that have extras put those tickets in the hands of real fans for face value!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Still looking for tickets- if anyone has some for face lemme know.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I'm just wondering when these bad boys are supposed to be shipped... The e-mail said starting in June, and we're approaching the end of June.
    I hope I get my tickets in time, as I won't be here last week of July to collect my mail, will be on my way to the festival leaving Friday, July 26th, so they better not ship them 2 weeks before the event, as I will be going to the festival without my passes then.

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    My email says "Lollapalooza orders ship via USPS mail beginning July 2013."

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    I'm just wondering when these bad boys are supposed to be shipped... The e-mail said starting in June, and we're approaching the end of June.
    I hope I get my tickets in time, as I won't be here last week of July to collect my mail, will be on my way to the festival leaving Friday, July 26th, so they better not ship them 2 weeks before the event, as I will be going to the festival without my passes then.
    Call Front Gate Tickets and inquire with them when you are going to get your tickets. If there is an issue they will just transfer your tickets to will call for you to pick up starting Thursday August 1st. A friend of mine hadn't got his ticket a week before a couple years back so they just transferred it to will call. IF you do have to go the will call route get there early!

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    ^ Oh, you can call them and get it changed to will call? Cool. I'll call them 2nd week of July if they aren't here yet and tell them i'm leaving town and see if they can get it changed. Thanks for the suggestion.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Well, hopefully they ship early July so people can start selling them for somewhat normal prices on secondary sites.

Yes- I'm still beyond pissed off at that bull shit single day sale fuck job. And fuck the Miami Heat, and the choke job Spurs. Dammit.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Imagine Dragons is playing Summerfest this Saturday in Milwaukee. How's that not against the radius clause? Everything I read it's for all bands, not just headliners.

I should email ID demanding a stack of Lollapalooza tickets, or blackmail comes into play.

<---------- pissed off NIN fan still looking for Lolla tickets

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    whats this radius clause you speak of?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackbookpress1984 View Post
    whats this radius clause you speak of?
    "In addition to dominating the city’s summer concert scene by its sheer scope and size—last year, Lollapalooza drew a record 270,000 attendees to hear its 130 bands—the festival wields unequaled power over the Chicago music scene via the radius clauses it places on all of those the acts that play on its stages. These prohibit artists from performing for six months before the festival and three months after it anywhere within 300 miles of Grant Park, which includes concert markets as far away as Milwaukee, Madison, Iowa City, Detroit and Indianapolis."

http://www.wbez.org/blogs/jim-deroga...ortunity-98257

Quote & further talk of the Radius Clause towards the bottom of the page.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    So how is NIN playing in Detroit on Oc7 if they play in chicago in august, and Lola has that radius clause?

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    "In addition to dominating the city’s summer concert scene by its sheer scope and size—last year, Lollapalooza drew a record 270,000 attendees to hear its 130 bands—the festival wields unequaled power over the Chicago music scene via the radius clauses it places on all of those the acts that play on its stages. These prohibit artists from performing for six months before the festival and three months after it anywhere within 300 miles of Grant Park, which includes concert markets as far away as Milwaukee, Madison, Iowa City, Detroit and Indianapolis."

http://www.wbez.org/blogs/jim-deroga...ortunity-98257

Quote & further talk of the Radius Clause towards the bottom of the page.
    wow. did not know this. thank you .

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragoro View Post
    So how is NIN playing in Detroit on Oc7 if they play in chicago in august, and Lola has that radius clause?
    Should've quoted the next paragraph:

"C3 Presents has defended the radius clauses as standard practice in the concert industry, and it claims it waives them for any acts that ask. As the Sun-Times noted, several of this year’s headliners, including the Red Hot Chili Peppers and the Black Keys, will have played elsewhere in Chicago shortly before appearing in Grant Park."

Just for kicks I put "Grant Park Chicago IL to Palace of Auburn Hills" directions into Google Maps & it comes up at around 300 miles, but that's on highways, not as the proverbial crow flies which is how I'm assuming the radius clause would measure distance.

Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    yeah, not sure exactly how it all works, but the article had some interesting info.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, the downside to having so many festivals in Chicago is that there aren't nearly as many solo shows in the summer due to radius clauses.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    This will be my first Lolla. I'm highly excited and very suggestible! Is there a ferris wheel? If so does it have a good view?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Here's a radius map:

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

Last time I used this I thought Detroit was out of the radius. Also note St. Louis is in the 300 miles too.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    This will be my first Lolla. I'm highly excited and very suggestible! Is there a ferris wheel? If so does it have a good view?
    There's not a ferris wheel at Lollapalooza, but there is a permanent one at Navy Pier.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    Here's a radius map:

http://www.freemaptools.com/radius-around-point.htm

Last time I used this I thought Detroit was out of the radius. Also note St. Louis is in the 300 miles too.
    Wow, goes to show how ridiculous this radius clause is, most of the major cities in every neighboring state are out, & a lot of the ones 2 states to the east.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    Wow, goes to show how ridiculous this radius clause is, most of the major cities in every neighboring state are out, & a lot of the ones 2 states to the east.
    lazy link: 300 mile radius around Chicago

Cleveland is juuuuuuust a bit outside.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Interesting that Queens of the Stone Age (really digging their new album, & they go on right before NIN) is playing a LOT of shows inside the 300 mile radius on that map.

Detroit, Cincinnati, Columbus, Indianapolis, & Louisville

NIN is playing St Louis but QOTSA doesn't have a date scheduled there currently, & neither band is playing Milwaukee.

Annoying that there isn't a NIN date closer to Chicago on the Tension tour due to the different production & that people had trouble getting tix.

Sold out fast enough that I think Lolla itself is becoming as much of a draw as who's actually playing it, hopefully the radius thing will open up a bit in the future.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    If anyone happens to have an extra ticket or two for Friday and is looking to sell them soon I would be looking to scoop them up. I didn't have the money back when the tickets were sold and was hoping there'd be a non festival date but now that QOTSA and NIN are playing back to back it is too much to resist.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by heavenly_bearded View Post
    My email says "Lollapalooza orders ship via USPS mail beginning July 2013."
    That's strange, because I just looked at the confirmation e-mail from Lollapalooza and mine sure as heck says June...

So, I guess they can still go out tomorrow. It will be the last "business day" of June. I doubt they ship things on the weekend, but tomorrow is June 28th so... *crosses fingers*

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Having a lot of conflicts on Friday for this one with bands I was hoping to see throughout the weekend. Besides Crystal Castles, New Order, Hot Chip, NIN, Grizzly Bear and The Cure... I hardly know any acts. Anyone got some suggestions?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I like the Neighbourhood, Atlas Genius, Smith Westerns are OK. You might check them out on Youtube or something.