Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013.08.02 - Chicago, Illinois @ Lollapalooza

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    That's strange, because I just looked at the confirmation e-mail from Lollapalooza and mine sure as heck says June...

So, I guess they can still go out tomorrow. It will be the last "business day" of June. I doubt they ship things on the weekend, but tomorrow is June 28th so... *crosses fingers*
    "Worst case Ontario" if you don't have the tickets by the third week of July you can call and should be able to get them switched to will call. I'm sure it will all work out and you'll get them in the mail in time.

Somebody get the reference please.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    Having a lot of conflicts on Friday for this one with bands I was hoping to see throughout the weekend. Besides Crystal Castles, New Order, Hot Chip, NIN, Grizzly Bear and The Cure... I hardly know any acts. Anyone got some suggestions?
    For Friday Disclosure are fucking great (I know they slightly overlap New Order), the neighbourhood, Icona Pop, Smith Westerns and Ghost B.C. Ghost B.C. are a really great heavy metal band from Sweden. Just throwing bands on top of what you are already seeing that you might be interested in checking out.
    For Saturday I'd say Little Green Cars, HAIM, Local Natives, Foals/Adventure Club(dub step)/the National, Kendrick Lamar/Death Grips/the Lumineers, and really any of the headliners/closer. Steve Angello will be a huge dance party, Azeila Banks will be a dance party with a lot of rap, Mumford & Sons is self explanatory and of course the Postal Service.
    For Sunday I'd go with Palma Violets, Angel Haze, Baroness/MS MR, Two Door Cinema Club/Wavves/Tegan & Sara, Vaccines/DIIV/Dog Blood/Grizzly Bear, Beach House/Major Lazer/Vampire Weekend, and the Cure. Just for anybody else going Knofe Party and Phoenix are going to kill it at the same time as the Cure. Just sayin.

Is there any genre(a) you really like or don't like?

Mentioned
    132 Post(s)
    https://www.facebook.com/dobeltequil...62704427205893 Submit a "rockin" photo of you and a friend and you can win VIP passes, round-trip airfare, hotel for all 3 days, and $500 spending money. If you win, I make a great +1 for that VIP and will already be there so no worries about the plane ride

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveFestivals View Post
    For Friday Disclosure are fucking great (I know they slightly overlap New Order), the neighbourhood, Icona Pop, Smith Westerns and Ghost B.C. Ghost B.C. are a really great heavy metal band from Sweden. Just throwing bands on top of what you are already seeing that you might be interested in checking out.
    For Saturday I'd say Little Green Cars, HAIM, Local Natives, Foals/Adventure Club(dub step)/the National, Kendrick Lamar/Death Grips/the Lumineers, and really any of the headliners/closer. Steve Angello will be a huge dance party, Azeila Banks will be a dance party with a lot of rap, Mumford & Sons is self explanatory and of course the Postal Service.
    For Sunday I'd go with Palma Violets, Angel Haze, Baroness/MS MR, Two Door Cinema Club/Wavves/Tegan & Sara, Vaccines/DIIV/Dog Blood/Grizzly Bear, Beach House/Major Lazer/Vampire Weekend, and the Cure. Just for anybody else going Knofe Party and Phoenix are going to kill it at the same time as the Cure. Just sayin.

Is there any genre(a) you really like or don't like?
    I appreciate this, a LOT!! My music spectrum is rather broad and appreciate all types. So I will definitely check these bands out. Lets be real, most of everyone's musical tastes on this board must be similar. Thanks, this makes me feel good about the other days.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RITCNIN View Post
    I appreciate this, a LOT!! My music spectrum is rather broad and appreciate all types. So I will definitely check these bands out. Lets be real, most of everyone's musical tastes on this board must be similar. Thanks, this makes me feel good about the other days.
    I'm glad I could help out. Ill be living this years Lollapalooza vicariously through you all! and the webcast! Hahahaha

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    There's a webcast?...

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    If anyone wants to trade a Lolla NIN wristband for the Saturday LV show let me know.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    There's a webcast?...
    Yeah they do a live webcast every year. They will release the schedule the week of the festival. Last year I watched At the Drive-In, Jack White, the Black Keys, Chili Peppers etc... They always have the biggest acts streamed live. All the big/best festivals in do webcasts; Lollapalooza, Austin City Limits, Bonnaroo, Coachella, Hangout, Ultra, etc in North America. If you can't make it to them it's the next best thing.

P.S. I would highly recommend checking out the Glastonbury webcast taking place this weekend. Arctic Monkeys killed it on the Pyramid Stage last night.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    as @ILoveFestivals said, Ghost BC (usually just know as Ghost) put on a spectacular show. If you are attending Lolla this year, you do NOT want to miss them. Their live show is spectacular.

I have tickets to the "official Lollapalooza" aftershow w/ Ghost at the Double Door on Saturday. and i'm almost as excited to see them there as seeing NIN live at Lolla for the first time since 2009!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have to admit, the combination of not seeing nine inch nails live in such a long time and learning that they are planning a separate impressive production for the summer festivals really makes me want to head to lolla.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sorry to repeat the delivery question, but we are in to July. Anybody get tix yet? Thanks

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Wristbands are on CL with pics, so I'm assuming they've shipped. FYI- Lolla only has the wristband, no tickets.

On a side note I'm reminding myself to stock up on 2014 Lolla wristbands when they go on sale next April and scalp them. And I won't have any regrets doing it, fuck them and the way they sell passes before bands are confirmed.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    I got a shipment confirmation e-mail from UPS. The wristbands are being shipped from Austin, TX of all places, strange...
    Expected delivery date is July 12th (the day before my Birthday) Hope I get an early birthday gift from UPS, lol.

I still have to worry about nobody answering the door on the delivery date though. I live in a basement suite and all the mail goes through the upstairs. I have educated the people upstairs that an important package will be arriving from UPS soon and they only release it upon a signature, so I hope one of the upstairs neighbours obnoxious teenagers don't fuck around and sign for the package when it's delivered.

I also thought about putting a sign on the front door instructing UPS to go around back and ring the basement doorbell. Or, I might just have to camp outside all morning waiting for them. Luckily I have that day off. I've missed WAAAAY too many packages due to my current mail setup. Sometimes I hate living in a basement suite and not being on control of getting my mail.

Sometimes the people upstairs hoard our mail for weeks and we get a big pile of overdue bills all at once. *rolls eyes* Luckily I have a tracking number for these tickets so I can see if they are signed for and/or if delivery had been attempted.
    Last edited by ManBurning; 07-06-2013 at 02:24 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Lollapalooza tends to have a following of people who go every year no matter what. The process is the secret sale happens, followed by a sale of early bird tickets before the line up happens. Every year before this one the line up drops after the early bird sales. This year the line up leaked a full month before early bird tickets even went on sale, so they rushed things when early birds sold out in seconds. Normally it's takes a full day for early birds to sell out, and regular passes last a month at least, not selling out in a few hours. This year was a mess in comparison to other years but that's because Of strong headliners I think. The after shows didnt sell out nearly as fast so I honestly think it was a combination of the cure, nin, Mumford and the postal service.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Bloody hell... I knew I shouldn't have gotten excited and came here to write about my UPS delivery anticipation, they changed the arrival date to Monday July 15th now, I do not have that day off so I cannot camp outside all morning to intercept the delivery person in the event the kids upstairs aren't home or fuck around.

I guess i'll just keep watching it and make a decision on when the tickets get closer to my area. They're still in Texas now. It's the weekend, so I assume delivery will resume on Monday again.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I just got my wristbands yesterday.

I should also point out to the person wanting to scalp next year- buying a bunch of tickets to scalp still Puts the money in Lollas hands, while hurting the fans like you who can't see their favorite bands because some jerk bought a bunch to scalp. No where in that idea dose it "show lolla organizers" it just makes you the ass hole that I'd assume you hate because you didn't get a wrist band this year.

To anyone wanting one, wait it out a little more. Prices on stub hub are dropping, and same with eBay, because people bought a bunch and now can't go. It happens every year, if you are in the area there are usually a few people trying to make their money back on the art institute steps also. Just be patient, they are shipping now so more people will be selling them. I go to this event every year, it happens like clock work.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ I was being somewhat sarcastic about scalping next years wristbands.

I said it before and I'll say it again: biggest issue with Lolla and any other huge festival is selling 3-day passes before any bands are announced (and no, the bands were not leaked prior to sales). I understand that some people will go "just to go", but this is their way of ensuring sales to the wrong hands. They don't care as long as it sells, and fans are left waiting for leaks or an official announcement when the majority (3 days) are already sold out.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Yes, they were leaked. A picture surfaced of the full page add for rolling stone with all the bands, that's why it was all rushed. Like I said before, the early bird tickets go for people who will go regardless of bands, then the line up gets announced then regular tickets go on sale AFTER a line up is released. Things got messed up this year. I've been going for years, this is the first year it's been a clusterfuck. When I went to get my early bird tickets, they had sold out in seconds and I was immediately given the link for regular tickets which shocked me. Like I said, this year was messed up because of the leak. If you don't believe me, just look back through the lollapalooza Facebook page, older posts of people freaking out about the leak and such.

If you do end up going, I hope you have a good time, it's one of my favorite festivals. Check out bands you normally wouldn't and take advantage of the fun freebies that Toyota does. Also people watching is part of the fun there lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    first post. wow i've waited 3 years too long to register. i'll share a couple of joints to whoever on here is going. i'd rather share with some real fans of NIN at lolla, as i've noticed in the past it's not an easy thing to recognize who is. also, should i be worried if my wristband hasn't arrived yet?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ No, I wouldn't worry. Sounds like they started shipping them but they don't all ship at the same time. ManBurning above said his are supposed to arrive in a week so there must be a way to track your order.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Well, I only had 2 options. The only Delivery method I had was "Global Ground UPS" for $20, or will call pick up. I went with the delivery, didn't think it was gonna take this long though, but I live in Canada so those were my only options.

Apparently for no additional cost, residents of the USA could get theirs shipped free of charge by regular United States Postal Service, but without the option of having a tracking number. So, yeah... if you didn't pay the extra $20 for UPS tracking, it is shipped regular mail with no tracking abilities.

My package is back on track for being delivered on Friday the 12th now. *crosses fingers* it's in Colorado now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hey guys, long time lurker here. I'm looking to sell 2 tickets for Friday's show. It turns out I wont be able to make the trip to Chicago so I am hoping to sell my tickets for face value. If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to message me. Thanks!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brent1986 View Post
    Hey guys, long time lurker here. I'm looking to sell 2 tickets for Friday's show. It turns out I wont be able to make the trip to Chicago so I am hoping to sell my tickets for face value. If you have any questions or are interested, feel free to message me. Thanks!
    In Denver? Fuuuuuuuuccccck. :/

For those that got a single Friday pass, mind posting a pic of it? Just wondering what they look like and are made out of. I think the 3 day ones are the woven fabric with electronic device in the snap. I saw one crappy pic of a Friday pass and it looked like it was made out of paper...
    Last edited by Krazy; 07-10-2013 at 09:54 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    In Denver? Fuuuuuuuuccccck. :/
    You know, you don't have to LIVE in Denver to purchase his tickets... The chances of him finding a Denver buyer willing to travel to Chicago is slim to none.
    These tickets are up for grabs to anyone... including YOU!

Now's your chance man, pounce on this oppertunity, you've been begging for tickets for months. I'm sure this guy will accept a paypal payment and he can mail you his Friday pass. Easy as 1-2-3!

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    You know, you don't have to LIVE in Denver to purchase his tickets... The chances of him finding a Denver buyer willing to travel to Chicago is slim to none.
    These tickets are up for grabs to anyone... including YOU!

Now's your chance man, pounce on this oppertunity, you've been begging for tickets for months. I'm sure this guy will accept a paypal payment and he can mail you his Friday pass. Easy as 1-2-3!
    Thanks. I know, but:
    - He just joined ETS.
    - Could PP him the cash and never see the wristbands.

Chances are its legit but would rather wait or overpay Stubhub/TicketsNow for piece of mind sake- if they're frauds they have a good buyers policy. Got a couple more weeks to wait on this or try to find some on the street that Friday.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    or try to find some on the street that Friday.
    Oh, you're actually planning to head to Chi town regardless of whether you have tickets in advance or not? I tip my hat to you sir, that's a HUGE risk.
    But, on the other hand, with a festival of this size, it's guarenteed there will be a ton of people selling day of. So... it may not be that big of a gamble now that I think about it.

Good Luck!

My passes are in Redmond, WA according to my UPS tracker, so they should be right on time for being delivered on Friday. I'll be waiting on my front lawn Friday morning to ensure I don't miss UPS, lol.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Oh, you're actually planning to head to Chi town regardless of whether you have tickets in advance or not? I tip my hat to you sir, that's a HUGE risk.
    But, on the other hand, with a festival of this size, it's guarenteed there will be a ton of people selling day of. So... it may not be that big of a gamble now that I think about it.

Good Luck!

My passes are in Redmond, WA according to my UPS tracker, so they should be right on time for being delivered on Friday. I'll be waiting on my front lawn Friday morning to ensure I don't miss UPS, lol.
    Yup, it's only about an hour and a half drive from Milwaukee (5 hours with normal Friday rush hour traffic ). Hotel was booked months ago, if we couldn't get in (which is not an option for a NIN show of course) we decided to just hang out down town.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)

Chances are its legit but would rather wait or overpay Stubhub/TicketsNow for piece of mind sake- if they're frauds they have a good buyers policy.
    Alternatively, you could always ask him to create a buy it now eBay posting and e-mail you the link so you can buy it now. make him take a photo of the wristband, that way there is a track record of the purchase via eBay, they're pretty good with scammers... in fact they're a little TOO good...

fuckin' guy scammed me HARD 2 months ago... I sold a Nintendo wii U game on eBay, and the guy bought and paid regular postage for his parcel. I shipped it out. Just 2 weeks after the parcel went out buddy e-mailed me saying "where is my game" and I was like, I shipped it man, not my fault you paid regular surface delivery by a truck... there was no tracking number and it was literally going from one side of the coast to another in a truck. I told him to be patient. he didn't want to be patient and said "just refund me now and i'll pay you when I get the game" I was like, hahaha, yeah right do you take me for a fool? If you get the game, you ain't gonna pay me, no way in hell. He was like, no i've done it before... it took me 2 months to geta hockey card once. I asked for a refund after 2 weeks, the guy gave it to me and then I paid him back once the card came...

I was like no way man, and then he opened a non shipped item dispute, and because I didn't have a tracking number to proove I shipped the game I lost. He won his money back and what I am assuming a FREE game. As I never got the game back, it never came back return to sender style and the guy never paid me again... I totally know he was scamming the system. He probably does that all the time. Get regular mail with no tracking, claims he doesn't get the item, files a dispute and wins.... fucker.

HOWEVER, with that story I actually have a positive "random purchase on the internet" story...

Last year, I was scowering craigslist for cheap concert ticket deals for a buddy's birthday. I saw a really good deal for 4 Garbage tickets for $200, each ticket face value was like $75 so it was a total steal of a deal adn they were decent, like row 8 at a theatre.

The poster claimed they got closer (front row) and needed to get rid of her extras. She wasn't from the same city, she was from somewhere in Oregon or Washington coming up for the show, but she agreed to put up a "buy it now" eBay posting for me to buy just so we had a safe transaction (like what you were worried about), and I paypal'd her the cash instantly. She even sent the tickets EXPRESS 2 day shipping at NO CHARGE to me so they wouldn't get lost in the mail.

She totally took a loss with the ticket prices not asking for face value and dishing out like $30 for express shipping.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    ^^^ Yowza! And that's why I'm looking at only Stubhub/TicketsNow, or a long time and legit member of ETS to purchase the passes. Never been a fan of eBay.

Thanks for giving me the creeps before I go to bed!!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Was looking to see if any tickets for QOTSA at Metro on the 1st were up on StubHub, thought I'd take a look at Lolla prices.

I find it amusing that there's people who price their tickets at nowhere near what the lowest price is, there's a couple of tickets that are listed as GA, not VIP or anything that are currently priced at just under $5k.

Then again, I've never bought or sold anything on StubHub, but I would have to assume you have the ability to change your price after you list the seats.