Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 23 of 29 FirstFirst ... 13 21 22 23 24 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghost BC

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    41 yr old concertgoer in Mexico city who attended the March 3rd Ghost show has passed away from COVID-19. Suspected he caught it at the show since there was a confirmed case (also hospitalized) that was at the show.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ma...SHPESaW6oSSXhU

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    :-(

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ManBurning View Post
    41 yr old concertgoer in Mexico city who attended the March 3rd Ghost show has passed away from COVID-19. Suspected he caught it at the show since there was a confirmed case (also hospitalized) that was at the show.

https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/ma...SHPESaW6oSSXhU
    At this point, i feel actually glad i did not go

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Sweet Lego custom stage I found on Reddit..

https://www.reddit.com/r/Ghostbc/com...m_source=share

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    There's now a Papa 4 Funko Pop available for pre-sale if anyone is interested:

https://www.hottopic.com/product/fun...=papa+emeritus

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    New Ghost record will be released this winter

https://loudwire.com/ghost-release-n...HllmbkwIoQLSCQ

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I cannot wait.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    New Ghost record will be released this winter

https://loudwire.com/ghost-release-n...HllmbkwIoQLSCQ
    I read this earlier and while it made me excited just to read those words, I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now. I feel like as with most things in 2020, it seems fairly likely to be delayed/pushed back a bit. I'm hopeful though, as a whole new Ghost album sure would make the winter more bearable.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    I read this earlier and while it made me excited just to read those words, I'm taking it with a grain of salt for now. I feel like as with most things in 2020, it seems fairly likely to be delayed/pushed back a bit. I'm hopeful though, as a whole new Ghost album sure would make the winter more bearable.
    Well, considering the official start of winter doesn't start until Dec 21st, 2020 I don't think this will come out until 2021. Keep in mind, Winter is all the way until march 21st, so... I can see a Feb/March release on the horizon. I don't see it popping up in 2020 at all. 2021 is basically right around the corner, so it's good to know we'll have this at least within the next 6 months I would say.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Well, considering the official start of winter doesn't start until Dec 21st, 2020 I don't think this will come out until 2021. Keep in mind, Winter is all the way until march 21st, so... I can see a Feb/March release on the horizon. I don't see it popping up in 2020 at all. 2021 is basically right around the corner, so it's good to know we'll have this at least within the next 6 months I would say.
    That's very true. Not sure why I was thinking "winter" must mean before the end of the year. I guess it's because in Minnesota, winter typically kicks in much earlier, sometime in October or November. Shit, I think we got some snow in September last year.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    That's very true. Not sure why I was thinking "winter" must mean before the end of the year. I guess it's because in Minnesota, winter typically kicks in much earlier, sometime in October or November. Shit, I think we got some snow in September last year.
    Yeah man... I understand. That's why I don't live in Winnipeg anymore. One year it snowed on October 9th and that was the last straw for me. Set sails for the west coast after that.
    I'm always surprised when US people choose to live in the snowy states when you guys have states that have summer all year round. It perplexes me. BC is by no means a tropical paradise, but when it comes to Canada, it's the best we're gonna get, haha.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Update on the Ghost record.
    Tobias offered clarification in a new interview, after the previous interview took his words out of context about the record coming out this winter:

The plan now is for me to be here [in the studio] writing for another two months until Christmas," Forge said, according to an English-language translation provided to BLABBERMOUTH.NET by Sweden Rock Magazine. "The idea is for the album to be recorded in January. The actual recording will last around six weeks and then there's two to three weeks of mixing and mastering. So sometime in March the record should be finished, but it won't be released until after the summer. As it looks now, knock on wood, we will then go on tour. We won't release an album until we know that we are actually going on tour. The album release will coincide with the start of a tour. Of course, we could announce an album release date and then, for some reason, it might not be possible to tour, but that's a whole other matter.
    https://www.blabbermouth.net/news/gh...fYTsy-LcSdFrlE

Of course, it was too good to be true thinking we'd get it by March, haha.
    Sounds like he doesn't want to release it until they can tour again. Hopefully touring comes back by next fall.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Hopefully touring comes back by next fall.
    Don't mean to be a downer but I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Yeah, that sounds more realistic (fall 2021). I thought "this winter" sounded awfully optimistic. And I really hope that he doesn't hold the record back until they can tour. We need new music to be excited about in our shitty new fucking normal.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Don't mean to be a downer but I HIGHLY doubt that will happen.
    I'm in the "shows will be back by end of 2021" camp personally.
    Maybe I am being too optimistic... But, they're not gonna let the tour industry die for that long. Venues won't even exist by end of next year.
    Shows will be back by end of next year, mark my words.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    As for the US, this pandemic showed me how little political leaders care about sustaining life with their lack of cooperation to help citizens and struggling businesses. Music, theater and arts are dead last in importance. So many venues are being swallowed up and taken away. The restaurant business is in shambles. So many closures.

The virus response is gonna be tip toed around with for the next few years I feel. With that, that’s when a return to normalcy should occur, if we’re lucky.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 10-22-2020 at 08:08 AM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    That was a nice surprise

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    There's now a Papa 3 Funko Pop available for pre-sale if anyone is interested:

https://www.hottopic.com/product/fun...=papa+emeritus

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It dropped. It's a good cover but I am at a point I am SO sick of this fucking song I wish they would've covered something else. The Unforgiven or Wherever I May Roam would've been better choices to me.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It dropped. It's a good cover but I am at a point I am SO sick of this fucking song I wish they would've covered something else. The Unforgiven or Wherever I May Roam would've been better choices to me.
    This is probably the best cover of Enter Sandman I've heard, but I kinda agree. The God That Failed (much more "on-brand" for Ghost) or My Friend of Misery (a personal fav) would have been interesting songs to hear Ghost cover.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    I don't want to go to New Jersey.... *first world problems*

This means new music soon though - yay!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

I think she's signing something in the beginning..... 2/4/2022? That's a Friday here - when the new album is gonna drop?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Does anyone know where to find out what the VIP packages include this time around and how much they will be? I can't seem to find any info on it so far and the presale is in the morning. Also, this was one of the first things I saw this morning after waking up from a wild last night of Riot Fest and it made me so excited to see these guys again!

EDIT: Never mind! I was able to score VIP Pit tickets for myself and three friends. Super pumped for this!!
    Last edited by sonic_discord; 09-21-2021 at 11:31 AM.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The call on "Doom."
    "For shizzle."
    "Thrilled, as your mo- as someone who loves you."

Is she checking herself out in the camera too? This is priceless.
    Last edited by poinoup; 09-21-2021 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Volbeat fucking SUCKS. Hope they go on last at the Newark show and I can jet before that bullshit starts. Still happy Rob Caggiano is getting that check though.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

new album?

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Weird. It says it started streaming on Sep 26. So it's been live for two days? I do hope they're about to announce their new album!