Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Mew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kites Vinyl on RSD16:
    http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/thread....497214/page-6
    Mew - And The Glass Handed Kites [LP] (180 Gram, first time on vinyl, gatefold, poster, limited to 2000, indie-retail exclusive)
    Legacy
    54,50€

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Damn, fam... Last post here was over a year ago and the new album came out late last month!!!

I actually had no idea myself. :P <3 (I blame being inactive on Instagram.)

About to dive in. Cheers!

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    what's the verdict? Haven't heard any of the new material but became a fan of these guys when they opened for NIN back in the day.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what's the verdict? Haven't heard any of the new material but became a fan of these guys when they opened for NIN back in the day.
    The new album is excellent and quite honestly is probably their best since Glass Handed Kites. Totally worth a listen.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I saw them live in Chicago on Saturday, for a bit of a double-feature -- they did a short JBTV taping in early afternoon that I actually caught this time around, then played a regular show at Park West. It was a wonderful time, the new stuff is really good, the projections are better than ever, and they've even worked Start into the set (which really surprised me, since I haven't been reading setlists this tour). I still can't get over how perfect and on Jonas's vocals are every single time.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ugh, I had tickets to go see them in Detroit, but I fell super ill that day and couldn't make it (still not quite right even after 4 days of antibiotics). I was kind of hoping that maybe they'd be no good live haha. Guess that's not the case.

Comforting Sounds would have been epic!

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    'Member this band?

I had no idea they were separating and announced two farewell, shows

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I liked them when I saw them open for NIN, but then I didn't find their albums interesting. Haven't checked them out since. Have they been up to any good?

Mentioned
    170 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by stankeybearlover View Post
    I liked them when I saw them open for NIN, but then I didn't find their albums interesting. Haven't checked them out since. Have they been up to any good?
    I believe when they opened for NIN they were promoting "No more stories..." (someone correct me if I'm wrong), since they released other two albums, "+/-" and "Visuals, i liked them both but their best work was before that.