Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Mew

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mew

Nothing really has come from the band in the last couple of months. Jonas Bjerre has been working with Apparatjik and he recently made a soundtrack for a film called Skyscraper. I'm hoping for a new album soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    oh... i clicked hoping there's a new album coming out. it'll be hard topping what they did the last time around.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I want a new Mew album SO badly. So, so badly.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not to post any direct links, but there's a good winter-themed Mew mix on Soundcloud. It's got a beautiful mood to it, and if you're not familiar with their b-sides, it makes for a pretty good introduction-- Drown and Killer are two of my favorites, and That Time On The Ledge is beloved by a lot of the fans.

Someday we will get that new album.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I saw Mew twice when they opened for NIN in Chicago during the second leg of the Waves Goodbye Tour. They put on quite the incredible show. Here's a shitty video I took of them performing Comforting Sounds:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jrdsctt View Post
    I saw Mew twice when they opened for NIN in Chicago during the second leg of the Waves Goodbye Tour. They put on quite the incredible show. Here's a shitty video I took of them performing Comforting Sounds:

I was there at the rail! I wasn't a fan at a time (which I really wish I was), but I fell in love with them after those two shows. Saw them a few months later and ihatecrayons and I ended up meeting Bastian, Nick, and Jonas beforehand. So fantastic. I miss seeing them live.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    I was there at the rail! I wasn't a fan at a time (which I really wish I was), but I fell in love with them after those two shows. Saw them a few months later and ihatecrayons and I ended up meeting Bastian, Nick, and Jonas beforehand. So fantastic. I miss seeing them live.
    Great shows. That's awesome that you got to meet them!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was an enormous fan of MEW before I saw them open for NIN in Chicago, but their live set made me weep. I was geeking out so hard up in the balcony and everyone around me was not feeling it whatsoever, and then on the train ride back into Downtown, everyone was saying how "shitty" and "gay" they were. Such a shame.
    Last edited by richardp; 12-03-2011 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    I was an enormous fan of MEW before I saw them open for NIN in Chicago, but their live set made me weep. I was geeing out so hard up in the balcony and everyone around me was not feeling it whatsoever, and then on the trade ride back into Downtown, everyone was saying how "shitty" and "gay" they were. Such a shame.
    Their loss. Mew put on two amazing performances.

Mentioned
    121 Post(s)
    killed it in NYC as well. i was SO psyched to see them open, as alot of NIN openers over the years have sucked.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    Not to post any direct links, but there's a good winter-themed Mew mix on Soundcloud. It's got a beautiful mood to it, and if you're not familiar with their b-sides, it makes for a pretty good introduction-- Drown and Killer are two of my favorites, and That Time On The Ledge is beloved by a lot of the fans.

Someday we will get that new album.
    what's wrong with posting a link?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by konstantin View Post
    what's wrong with posting a link?
    It's got a download available, and the songs on it are copyrighted material-- generally against the rules here, yeah? I'd rather not post a direct link when a quick Google of "winter Mew mix" gets you there.

In other news, apparently Jonas came on stage at Oh No Ono's final show last night (he's spoken highly of them in past interviews) and sang I Should Have Been A Tsin-Tsi (For You). Video: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150501527100915
    Last edited by Endlessly; 12-03-2011 at 08:06 PM.

Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Endlessly View Post
    It's got a download available, and the songs on it are copyrighted material-- generally against the rules here, yeah? I'd rather not post a direct link when a quick Google of "winter Mew mix" gets you there.
    Links to soundcloud are cool, direct links to copyrighted material aren't (as in an mp3/torrent/download link)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    We have news! AWW YES
    Good morning Frengerinos. You have awaken. Lets hold each others hands for a moment.
    Mew have commenced writing the new piece that will become your friend. Instruments have started bonding, amorously. Theres a fire burning.
    love to all, bo
    shows on the rise

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I need new Mew immediately. I'm craving it real bad right now hahaha it's been too long since No More Stories... came out.

Also, I need a US tour. ASAP.

This has been an update :P

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatecrayons View Post
    I need new Mew immediately. I'm craving it real bad right now hahaha it's been too long since No More Stories... came out.

Also, I need a US tour. ASAP.

This has been an update :P
    I'd really love to see these guys headlining, too, rather than standing in the middle of people talking about how "gay" they think the band sounds. That was really annoying to put up with at the Wave Goodbye Chicago show.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    I'd really love to see these guys headlining, too, rather than standing in the middle of people talking about how "gay" they think the band sounds. That was really annoying to put up with at the Wave Goodbye Chicago show.
    Yeah, some people just have no respect. I fell in love with Mew at those Wave Goodbye shows in Chicago. Later in the year, I think in December, they headlined their own Chicago show, and lady weetly and I caught them there. We got rail and it was really great <3 we met the band before the show, too, because they walked out the front door of the venue to their tour bus parked right out front, haha. I hope they come back to the US soon, so more people can catch them, they're really awesome!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Alrea View Post
    Agreed. The train ride back into the city was brutal as well. Everyone spent basically the entire time talking shit on Mew. As I sat there with my No More Stories vinyl that I bought at the show.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I hated on Mew some in the past...but even then I could aknowledge greatness they possessed. I like a number of their songs. Being a drummer, Silas Utke Graae Jørgensen is a real professional. Guy knows.

All the music clearly is the result of fine musicianship. While talented and unique, it's the vocal application Jonas tends to push almost always once every song that I have difficulty understanding...to the point of upset. I guess that's simply a big part of Mew's sound... We'll see how it all fares with me on another catalog listen (if I can find an album at least worthy enough of owning).
    Last edited by Amaro; 05-04-2012 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Dammit, I was really hoping the bump of this thread meant that I was going to find a new album announcement inside.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    lol Sorry.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Apologies for unearthing this thread from the crypt!

Anyhow, Mew just posted a FB update about their recent Roskilde performance being broadcast on Danish television this Friday. Anyone have pals in Denmark that could record and upload this show on Dime or another similar music site?!

Here's the details from FB: "
    Hey there, on friday the 18th of January tune in (if you can) to Danish television DR K and watch our Roskilde set! It starts at 23.45 - Jonas"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I assume that this is the same broadcast that the Klassen video currently on Mewsite (at least, when you enter your email) is taken from, right?

Also, hopefully this will work for streaming: http://www.dr.dk/TV/live/dr-k
    Last edited by Endlessly; 01-17-2013 at 11:25 PM.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Here's a link for the stream: http://www.dr.dk/TV/se/dr-k-roskilde...de-mew#!/00:00
    Hopefully, it will show up as a high quality mp4 or DVD recording.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got Frengers for .50¢ at a used place. Whoa?

Mentioned
    105 Post(s)

Mew

Ugh, I thought this thread was updated with new album news.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    That's my second time doing that in this thread... I should really stop trying to be a fan.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    I was there too, on Saturday. Really liked them.

Mentioned
    63 Post(s)
    Since the last post in this thread (which this will be the second time i've resurrected it from the dead), Mew released +/- and have started their North American tour. I had a wonderful stretch of 4 Mew shows proper + a Radio show performance in CA and am longing for a professional live recording from this tour. The version on the deluxe album release is pretty cool, but doesn't include "Rows," Making Friends," "Witness," or "The Night Believer."

Anyhow, if they come through your town I recommend checking them out. It's good stuff.

If you find their "Live at the Hollywood Palladium" release on Spotify or some other online music fountain - that was their set opening for NIN back in 2009.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Saw them in LA on Friday. Incredible.