Thread: Boston Marathon

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by substanceabuse View Post
    This attack is so sadistic I can't wrap my head around it.
    Fuck whoever did this so very, very hard.
    ..and thus is the problem with western culture. You know those people in Pakistan we've been bombing for the last few years, they're really really mad about that....

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooPooMeowChow View Post
    ..and thus is the problem with western culture. You know those people in Pakistan we've been bombing for the last few years, they're really really mad about that....
    Yes, I'm well aware of everything wrong that the U.S. has done in Pakistan, Afghanistan, Iraq, etc. etc. etc. Would you rather me say, "Well guys we had this coming! America is reaping what they sowed!" Jesus christ get over yourself.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    yeah a little realism wouldn't hurt. better than having a fit over 3 deaths.
    EDIT: Point being, I'm not about to pretend I care any more about those 3 people and how ever many are injured, any more than I am the 55 or so who died in Iraq today. or the 12 that died yesterday, or the ones that died the day before that.
    Last edited by PooPooMeowChow; 04-15-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Seriously? Wow. I was gonna reply, but...not worth it.

Link to a photo set at CNN:
    http://www.cnn.com/2013/04/15/us/gal...html?hpt=hp_c3

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Realism? Is that what you're calling this, because any of these would be closer: obnoxious, condescending, pious, heartless, tactless, etc.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    EDIT: Point being, I'm not about to pretend I care any more about those 3 people and how ever many are injured, any more than I am the 55 or so who died in Iraq today. or the 12 that died yesterday, or the ones that died the day before that.
    Except that one of those three was an 8 year-old kid. Shut up and think before you post next time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm not downplaying what many would consider the tragedy of a soldier being shot and killed, but that's what is expected by a lot of people when you go into war. Not even necessarily expected but it comes with the territory. It literally comes with the job (yes, literally). That is war and soldiers go to war.

Three deaths is just as bad as one or a hundred or a million. The death of one group of people does not negate the death and injuries of another group. People died and were maimed, and for what? They were at marathon. They weren't in a war zone or in a foreign country with a gun and a battle plan. They were at a marathon. People getting their limbs blown off and dying for no reason and you sit behind your computer screen and talk about "realism" as if you're more aware than the people who actually see this as a tragedy?

Imagine waking up, going about your day as usual, going to a marathon you'd been looking forward to (wasn't it also for charity?), and then getting your legs blown off and watching other people around you lose their limbs and die, all of this happens out of nowhere and not on a battle field. Your life is changed forever and will never be the same again. There is no going back. Then preach about "realism" on this particular subject. I get what you're trying to say but what you're saying is bullshit. I may sound melodramatic but it's all I can imagine what some of these people went through/are going through. And that's just what my brain can fathom or comprehend of a situation like that.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    So you believe that US civilians deserve torturous deaths because of what a massively unrepresentative system does - supposedly - on their behalf?

Or are you so dumb/arrogant that you think that poster somehow has no idea what US foreign policy is like/what international opinion is

Or something else?

???

Realism entailing what? Giving less of a fuck over 3 deaths than you do about a forum post???

PM if you have a reply, don't spam the thread with self promotion
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-15-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Or something else?
    I took it to mean that he thinks he's more enlightened than the rest of us because he's so evenhandedly psychopathic.