Thread: 2013.11.02 - New Orleans, LA @ Voodoo Music & Art Experience

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    It also looks like they might break the bigger acts down like this: one rock headliner each night, with a pop headliner on opposite them on another stage (or perhaps right under them) and an electronic act each night as well.

So The Cure/Pearl Jam/NIN will close one night each, as will Paramore/Macklemore/Calvin Harris (or they will go on right before the rock act). Yes I think they will approach Calvin Harris as a pop act more than an electronic act. And then Bassnectar, Afrojack and either Boyz Noise or Dirty South will be separate nights.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    It also looks like they might break the bigger acts down like this: one rock headliner each night, with a pop headliner on opposite them on another stage (or perhaps right under them) and an electronic act each night as well.

So The Cure/Pearl Jam/NIN will close one night each, as will Paramore/Macklemore/Calvin Harris (or they will go on right before the rock act). Yes I think they will approach Calvin Harris as a pop act more than an electronic act. And then Bassnectar, Afrojack and either Boyz Noise or Dirty South will be separate nights.
    I just remembered that Ilan Rubin was Paramore's drummer for a short time over the last year and is all over their new album. It would be pretty sick if he pulled off both shows, but that's not happening as Paramore has a different drummer now. It's funny how Paramore has connections to NIN now, especially since I have a crush on Hayley Williams.

Maybe they could get Hayley on a NIN record in the future. She sings pretty well.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 09-05-2013 at 07:49 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    I just remembered that Ilan Rubin was Paramore's drummer for a short time over the last year and is all over their new album. It would be pretty sick if he pulled off both shows, but that's not happening as Paramore has a different drummer now. It's funny how Paramore has connections to NIN now, especially since I have a crush on Hayley Williams.

Maybe they could get Hayley on a NIN record in the future. She sings pretty well.
    Josh Freese drummed for them for a bit prior to Ilan... so the connection is kind of doubled.

I feel a little shafted on the set time for NIN considering how big of a spot Pearl Jam is getting Friday. I'm hoping this gets extended a bit... and I'm REALLY hoping it's not the same set from the festival leg that just ended since I caught them at Lolla and this will be the only other chance I get to see them unless they come back through or near Chicago next year.